No connection Phone-controller?
637 10 2018-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dumbodoggy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1056 ft

I turned on my Spark for the 1st time on a while today after charging my batteries.

After loading up the App, it sinply says 'Disconnected' although the RC seems to be connected to the AC as i have a green solid light. I am obviously attached to the RC's WiFi but i cannit get it to cgsnge to 'Connected' anyone else had this issue??

2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for any troubles. May I ask for the brand or make of the mobile device where you downloaded the app?  I will be posting the list of compatible devices below for your reference. Thank you.

2018-7-22
Use props
Dumbodoggy
lvl.1

Hi and thank yoi for coming back to me! I use a Samsung Galaxy S8+ which worked great a few weeks ago but now won't connect. I have tried to "Forget the device" and re-add but no joy..
2018-7-22
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Maybe the Spark is set to connect to the Phone ? Does it show the Spark Wifi on your Wifi Menu ? If so try to Connect directly to the Spark's Wifi (Without the Remote Controller) to see if the Phone can connect without Problems.

Then, if I was you, I would Reconnect the Remote Controller, Turn 'ON' the Spark and then Press the Spark's Power Button for 3 Seconds until you hear a Single Beep - This will Enable the Spark to Select the Remote Controller's Wifi, then just follow the Video below -

2018-7-22
Use props
Dumbodoggy
lvl.1

Thank you for your reply. I have tried all of that also but it looks lime it may be something to do with an update it us trying to do. I can connect but as soon as I try and update it freezes at 5% and rejects the update leaving me unable to get the connection back. Bizarre!
2018-7-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

As long the RC shows a green LED, Spark and RC seems to be connected.
Are you on the latest app Version?
Try the one from last time flying. Which may be before 4.2.20.
apkmirror is of help here.

Or try an OTG cable and switch the wifi off!
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Dumbodoggy Posted at 2018-7-22 10:51
Hi and thank yoi for coming back to me! I use a Samsung Galaxy S8+ which worked great a few weeks ago but now won't connect. I have tried to "Forget the device" and re-add but no joy..

Hi, it may had worked few weeks ago but since it is an incompatible device to run the app it may give you error such as like this. If you have a previously owned Android device that is listed on our website please try to download the app and im preety sure you are good to go. Thank you.
2018-7-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-22 12:35
Hi, it may had worked few weeks ago but since it is an incompatible device to run the app it may give you error such as like this. If you have a previously owned Android device that is listed on our website please try to download the app and im preety sure you are good to go. Thank you.

So, DJI Gamora, you saying it is incompatible?
Till now, the DJI list posted here every now and then is just telling about "tested as good" devices.
I have never seen a "incompatible with DJI Go4" list.
Where is this list, please?
It would be of great help if people could learn about incompatibilities BEFORE buying a DJI Drone, wouldn't it?
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding
2018-7-22
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-22 12:43
Till now, the DJI list posted here every now and then is just telling about "tested as good" devices.

That's a great point and I second it.
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-22 12:43

Hi, we haven't come up with the incompatible list since we can only cater for list of supported and the tested ones and guaranteed by our engineers. As for this concern Samsung Galaxy S8 + is still under developmental stage. Phone manufacturers vastly produce phones every single month so we are trying our very best to cope with the constant change of the phone technologies. We appreciate your concern and please bear with us. Thank you.
2018-7-22
Use props
landude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126407 ft

United States

Android is Android. Yes there is manufacturer bloatware but come on.
I have 6 different era Android devices and all work without issue.
Stop trying to deflect software issue to Android devices, it's getting old.
2018-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules