Spot lights
1097 12 2018-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI User466
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Hello all I'm a little curious as to what is everybody using As for spotlights for night flying I'm sure someone here has come up with some good ideas...
2018-7-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

There are several options. You can do a forum search, but it’s painful.

So, having said that, quite seriously, Lume Cubes with appropriate mounts, are the very best choice...
www.lumecube.com/164.html

Several of us here, already have this advantage.

They work very well in daylight as well, helping keep your VLOS.

RedHotPoker

2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. I do not suggest using a spotlight device or 3rd party device on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. This device can add weight to your Drone and might affect the performance of the Drone and can lead to damaging the Drone in flight.
2018-7-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-22 12:40
Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. I do not suggest using a spotlight device or 3rd party device on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. This device can add weight to your Drone and might affect the performance of the Drone and can lead to damaging the Drone in flight.

Using Lume Cubes aren’t a real draw on the intelligent flight battery or rotor prop lift.

Not sure where an actual Spot Light would be of any advantage, but the Lume Cubes are marvellous...

They light up my life... extremely useful in my Nikon D800 dslr photography as well.

So I often wonder, frequently in fact, why DJI has not offered a set of your own LED orientation beams.

RedHotPoker
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-7-22 13:08
Using Lume Cubes aren’t a real draw on the intelligent flight battery or rotor prop lift.

Not sure where an actual Spot Light would be of any advantage, but the Lume Cubes are marvellous...

Hi. Thank you RedHotPoker for the additional information you have given. As of this moment, DJI does not have this accessory for the DJI Drones. Let me forward this idea to our DJI R&D Teams for further development. Again thank you RedHotPoker for the help.
2018-7-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

https://www.firehousetechnology. ... ghts_FAA_107.html#/
2018-7-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Mark, those are phoney baloney lights.

But the pilot pod is swell. Hahaha
https://www.firehousetechnology.com/store/p59/Firehouse_Technology_Drone_UAS_Pilot_Pod_.html#/
Drone Pilot Pod protects and Isolates the pilot in inclement weather!  Simple pop up design with full visibility and NO loss of signal to aircraft.  Lightweight carry bag with stakes and rain cover.  Protects against heat, cold wind and rain.  Also allows for isolation of pilot so bystanders do not distract pilot during operations.  Stand, sit design.  Opens up to provide ventilation when warm and wind protection when cold.  Must have accessory for any professional pilot that needs to fly regardless of time of year or weather.  

Too bad the current DJI drone, doesn’t have a chance in the “weather”!!

RedHotPoker
2018-7-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-22 13:25
Hi. Thank you RedHotPoker for the additional information you have given. As of this moment, DJI does not have this accessory for the DJI Drones. Let me forward this idea to our DJI R&D Teams for further development. Again thank you RedHotPoker for the help.

Many welcomes, my pleasure to participate on such an important drone forum.

Ask DJI Ken of his personal experience, while using Lume Cubes on his own Phantom.

Get the realistic info from someone you can trust.

Thanks for your kind words of confidence and mutual respect. Much appreciated.

RedHotPoker
2018-7-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-7-22 14:08
...But the pilot pod is swell. Hahaha...

Yeah I'll probably just stick with my hoodie
2018-7-22
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I use both lume cubes and pen lights.
With the pen lights i can light up a specific area under the drone with an adjustable pencil beam out to a wide flood light this is great if you want to light up a specific subject at night from above.
2018-7-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-7-22 16:55
I use both lume cubes and pen lights.
With the pen lights i can light up a specific area under the drone with an adjustable pencil beam out to a wide flood light this is great if you want to light up a specific subject at night from above.

Sounds good to me. Beam me up Scotty!! Ha

How’s all the extra weight, an issue!? Snickers...

RedHotPoker
2018-7-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-7-22 16:38
Yeah I'll probably just stick with my hoodie

You are such a gangster... hahaha

Or do you dresss in all green and carry an English long bow?

Of the Hood...

RedHotPoker
2018-7-22
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Extra weight doesnt really effect the p4p that much.
Might only drop a minute or to off flight time.
Usually only use pen lights if im going to hover over a subject anyway.
2018-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules