Flight distance problems
661 7 2018-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_jzCcuTUAGdwU
New
Flight distance : 11171 ft
United States

Just received my air Friday. I’m having problems flying over 800-1000 feet away. When I go out this far I lose signal. I have went to two different locations with same results. I have also tried switching channels with no luck. Say it’s up to date on firmware.
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We regret to know that you are having troubles with your newly purchased aircraft. Kindly check if you are still on Beginners Mode and disable it for you to get the maximum flight distance. Thank you.

2018-7-22
Use props
djiuser_jzCcuTUAGdwU
New
United States

No it is off
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for your response, I would suggest downloading the DJI Assistant 2 then restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft afterward reboot the unit, relink the RC to aircraft. I recommend as well calibrating the IMU and Compass to see if there will be changes. Ensure that you're getting enough GPS signal as well. Kindly see the link for you to download the application.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-7-22
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

If you have a device with less than 4gb of ram, (or 6gb some devices). You will encounter all sorts of problems running the latest 4.2.21 version, including short range. My advice is first to downgrade your app to 4.2.12 (download from apkmirror) See if that helps, usually it does and there is no harm done in trying.
Safe Flying;)
2018-7-23
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

What position are your antennae in?
2018-7-23
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Is your maximum flight distance turned on and set?
2018-7-23
Use props
Big Bundy
New
United States

Thanks for all the help. I have a i phone 7 128gb. Antana’s are at a 45 def angle. I went on assistance last night and refreshed my firmware which seem to help was able to get out to 1200 feet today. I am in town so I don’t know if there is to much interference here. Going to go out to farm tomorrow and see how it does.
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules