Panasonic SD card
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sofagbem
lvl.2

United States

I am unable to update the firmware on my P3Pro, I called support and was informed that the preferred Card is a Panasonic card, has anyone else been told this?
2015-5-22
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

I upgraded to 1.1.9 using the card that came with my P3. 16 gig FAT32 format.  Make sure the controller is OFF. Make sure you put the bin file at the root level of the card. Insert card then power up the P3. Mine took about 8 minutes.
2015-5-22
Use props
cascadeflyer
lvl.2

United States

I only use the card that came with mine for FW updates...no problems so far.
2015-5-22
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

No, that sounds downright crazy, considering they deliver the Phantom 3 with a Lexar 16 GB microSD card (which works fine)

Did you remember to NOT TURN ON the remote control (have it TURNED OFF) before you turn on the Phantom 3 to update the firmware?

Make sure you follow the instructions to the letter. Hope you get it fixed.
-
Buy your DJI Phantom 3, DJI-gear, extra DJI Batteries, DJI Hardshell Backpacks from the DJI Store by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-22
Use props
sofagbem
lvl.2

United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-23 08:26
No, that sounds downright crazy, considering they deliver the Phantom 3 with a Lexar 16 GB microSD c ...

Followed the instruction to the letter, watched multiple videos, spent 2 hours with online chat support, tried 5 different cards, No luck so far.  Problem repeats with firmware 1.1.9
2015-5-22
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

sofagbem Posted at 2015-5-23 11:57
Followed the instruction to the letter, watched multiple videos, spent 2 hours with online chat su ...

Damn, that sounds odd

You've clearly tried what sounds like everything. So I'm out of ideas.

I just know I messed up and had the Remote Control turned on once - and in that case it didn't work.

Sounds like a call to DJI support would be in order.

Good luck.
2015-5-23
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

I kept the 16G card that came with my P3P, but I also bought a SanDisk ExtremePro 64G card. Been using it for several days, including the firmware upgrade this morning.

I think this one has a write speed of something like 90 - works like a champ.
2015-5-23
Use props
sofagbem
lvl.2

United States

The most recent failed card is a Sandisk Ultra 64GB.
2015-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules