2724 13 2018-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salvador Garza
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3604255 ft
United States

Hi there,

I bought 10 batteries for our new I2, and I'm having problems with one pair (that hasn't been used at all). The I2 status light blinks red, and DJI Go4 app indicates the I2 can't take off. When I take a look at the alerts/warnings it indicates "battery authentication failure".  The I2 is running on the latest firmware/software (so is the Cendence remote and CrystalSky monitor). All other batteries work fine and have gone through the firmware upgrade process since I last upgraded the I2's firmware.  

I've tried switching battery slots, powering the I2 off and on multiple times and no luck whatsoever. I discharged the batteries all the way to 25% on the Battery Station and nothing, still getting the authentication error.  The DJI Go4 app can read the battery levels and SN fine, indicates the status is ok. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!
Sal
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry about the inconvenience with your batteries, did you try to use our DJI Assistant 2? I would suggest using the batteries that have an issue and restore factory defaults then refresh the firmware after this troubleshooting, please reboot the aircraft and check if the issue will persist. Kindly see the link below.

https://www.dji.com/inspire-2/info#downloads
2018-7-22
Use props
Salvador Garza
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-22 13:54
Hi, sorry about the inconvenience with your batteries, did you try to use our DJI Assistant 2? I would suggest using the batteries that have an issue and restore factory defaults then refresh the firmware after this troubleshooting, please reboot the aircraft and check if the issue will persist. Kindly see the link below.

https://www.dji.com/inspire-2/info#downloads

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your quick response. Do you mean restoring the Inspire 2 to factory defaults (powered by the suspect batteries)?

I'm a bit hesitant as it took 6 failed attempts last night to get it to the latest firmware.

2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Salvador Garza Posted at 2018-7-22 13:57
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your quick response. Do you mean restoring the Inspire 2 to factory defaults (powered by the suspect batteries)?

Yes, that is correct, please ensure that you're using the camera as well.
2018-7-22
Use props
Salvador Garza
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-22 13:59
Yes, that is correct, please ensure that you're using the camera as well.

Hi again Tony,

Just finished restoring to factory defaults AND refreshing the latest firmware, unfortunately batteries are still failing to authenticate and DJI Go 4 app indicates the Inspire 2 can't take off.
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Salvador Garza Posted at 2018-7-22 14:12
Hi again Tony,

Just finished restoring to factory defaults AND refreshing the latest firmware, unfortunately batteries are still failing to authenticate and DJI Go 4 app indicates the Inspire 2 can't take off.

Hi, where did you purchase these batteries? when did you encounter this issue?
2018-7-22
Use props
Salvador Garza
lvl.3
United States

I purchased these from Adorama (via Amazon) on July 5th. I hadn't used them until now that I was preparing for a project.
2018-7-22
Use props
Salvador Garza
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-22 14:15
Hi, where did you purchase these batteries? when did you encounter this issue?

The cells look healthy both in the battery status in the DJI Go4 App and the DJI Battery Station. What does the authentication failed error mean?  From what I've been reading in other forums, some users report it's the battery's SN not in DJI's database. These two batteries are fairly new, Production Date is listed as 2018-5
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Salvador Garza Posted at 2018-7-22 17:14
The cells look healthy both in the battery status in the DJI Go4 App and the DJI Battery Station. What does the authentication failed error mean?  From what I've been reading in other forums, some users report it's the battery's SN not in DJI's database. These two batteries are fairly new, Production Date is listed as 2018-5

Hi, thanks for the updates, we will forward this concern to our engineers for further clarification.
2018-7-23
Use props
Thorpapa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 543563 ft
South Korea

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-23 10:01
Hi, thanks for the updates, we will forward this concern to our engineers for further clarification.

I am having same problem.
I tried to take off command intentionally to get the error message together with the battery status screen.
T50BatteryA.JPG
2018-8-9
Use props
Salvador Garza
lvl.3
United States

Ended up returning the batteries to the reseller. Support’s troubleshooting didn’t fix the issue.
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Salvador Garza Posted at 2018-8-17 12:19
Ended up returning the batteries to the reseller. Support’s troubleshooting didn’t fix the issue.

Hi, sorry that you ended up replacing the batteries, however, that's the best thing that we need to do if ever that we managed to exhaust all of the troubleshooting. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience.
2018-8-17
Use props
fans75b94505
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-17 14:19
Hi, sorry that you ended up replacing the batteries, however, that's the best thing that we need to do if ever that we managed to exhaust all of the troubleshooting. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience.

Hi there,

I'm also having the same "battery authentication failed" issue with my Mavic Pro. Is there any solution to this problem? I did all kind of downgrade/updates and no luck. Please advice on how to fix this issue.
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans75b94505 Posted at 2-26 12:27
Hi there,

I'm also having the same "battery authentication failed" issue with my Mavic Pro. Is there any solution to this problem? I did all kind of downgrade/updates and no luck. Please advice on how to fix this issue.

Hi, we're sorry to know that you encounter this same matter. I would like to ask if you manage to use the DJI Assistant 2 to downgrade/update the firmware of your aircraft? Do you have a spare of battery for us to isolate the problem? Could you please verify to us what happened to your drone prior to encounter this error message? Please keep us posted on the latest progress for further help. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules