Cam zebra issue
1585 13 2018-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy_L
lvl.2
Canada

Hi there,

I was a Phantom pro user for a long time and loved it. But thanks to the latest DJI updates, my remote is firmware_bricked and I am awaiting a replacement so I can fly it again.
BUT... I have acquired an Inspire 1 meanwhile with an Zenmuse X3 on it.

I get zebra looking lines on overexposed areas in video recording mode only (look at the white cars)... And note that the (zebra) overexposed warning option is OFF in the DJI Go app setting under: shutter. (It looks more like a code than a harware issue, after many tests using a flashlight on a white surface in both modes, and having done a reset on the camera twice).

Pictures are almost OK and have this glitch (seems to be more subtle).

Video example: http://andreloiselle.com/DJI/DJI_0006.MP4

Photo example:  

Any tips, tricks and recommendations to fix this?

Thanks!
2018-7-22
Use props
PeterHammond
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10190 ft
United Kingdom

Hello,  I'm not an expert but I would image your X3 censor is either dirty or its been scratched by a previous bad cleaning job, the makings all see to be going in the same direction which could be due to a scratched. censor, its nothing to do with overexposure warnings etc.   Id take it to a local camera dealer who offers a censor cleaning service and get it checked and cleaned, its a job I've tried before but from experience I think its a best left to professionals who know what they are doing.

Hope that helps and good luck
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to re-mount the camera? Is the firmware updated? Did you also try to reset the camera settings? Where did this picture and video come from? SD card or app?
2018-7-23
Use props
Andy_L
lvl.2
Canada

Hi Wanda and thanks Peter,

My answers to Wanda are:  Did you try to re-mount the camera? Yes a few times. Is the firmware updated? Possibly not. Did you also try to reset the camera settings? Yes 3 times. Where did this picture and video come from? SD card or app? Recorded directly to a 32 Gb Lexar SD card.

Now : We first met not so long ago in the P3 pro forum Wanda. You know I had major issues that are forcing me to send it for repair because of the latest firmware releases. Now, I guess you'll understand that updating a DJI firmware is for me right now a last recourse wish. This said can I only update the camera (Zenmuse) and not update anything else?

And also can you insure the latest Inspire update will not ground me again like the P3 pro one ? (This is real important: for me to trust that option).

Thanks again for your help and advises.
2018-7-23
Use props
Andy_L
lvl.2
Canada

Okay... I spoke to the previous owner of the drone. He says this happened to him since day 1. He also underexposed all his shots and then corrected in post. Having the same Sony sensor on my Phantom, I never had this issue. I can also get an International Pro rep to confirm if need be. Knowing that this Inspire may have had a 'lemon' since unboxing. Knowing that the previous owner didn't know better. Knowing that we are in the Sony Exmor sensor realm, and that Sony could be the defect maker, can DJI help me in this special case? Also, I could consult my consumer rights association since Canada and my province hold laws on day 1 unresolved issues. Thanks for letting me know.
2018-7-23
Use props
Andy_L
lvl.2
Canada

Hi DJI Wanda, a reply to my last questions would be truly appreciated.

2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Andy_L Posted at 2018-7-24 05:46
Hi DJI Wanda, a reply to my last questions would be truly appreciated.

Hello. Sorry for the late response. If the environment is over-exposure and the "Over Exposure Warning" is enabled in the DJI GO app for iOS, black and white stripes will be shown on the screen. You may adjust the ISO, Shutter, and EV in the camera settings.
2018-7-26
Use props
Andy_L
lvl.2
Canada

Hi again Wanda.
I made sure that the "Over Exposure Warning" was 'OFF' (disabled).
In fact : When active it displays way thicker lines.
So : As you know, I have exactly the same type of sensor on my P3 pro.
Any trick, other than underexposing, to fix this?
Thanks for all the advise.
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Andy_L Posted at 2018-7-26 03:49
Hi again Wanda.
I made sure that the "Over Exposure Warning" was 'OFF' (disabled).
In fact : When active it displays way thicker lines.

Sorry for the late response. Do you have another camera to try and see if it will show the same?
2018-7-29
Use props
Andy_L
lvl.2
Canada

Hi Wanda, in the next 14 days I may be able to have a camera lent to me. I'll have to check if possible, but my repair-supplier is on vacation until Friday. This said, I will buy another P3 pro. But I'll keep the remote and have another taker for the helicopter. (so 2 drones under my name will remain). If I test and I have no problem with another camera, could DJI help me? Or could I get a special offer on a Zenmuse X4S as a great client (who'm is building a chopper warehouse right now with firmware / hardware related issues...). Thanks again for all your help. And if possible, ask a customer satisfaction agent to contact me by phone.
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Andy_L Posted at 2018-7-30 06:12
Hi Wanda, in the next 14 days I may be able to have a camera lent to me. I'll have to check if possible, but my repair-supplier is on vacation until Friday. This said, I will buy another P3 pro. But I'll keep the remote and have another taker for the helicopter. (so 2 drones under my name will remain). If I test and I have no problem with another camera, could DJI help me? Or could I get a special offer on a Zenmuse X4S as a great client (who'm is building a chopper warehouse right now with firmware / hardware related issues...). Thanks again for all your help. And if possible, ask a customer satisfaction agent to contact me by phone.

Hello there. Just hit "Reply" so that it will notify me if you still need any help. In regards with asking a customer satisfaction agent, you may contact our support +1 (818) 235 0789 Mon-Fri 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM (PST).
2018-8-1
Use props
Andy_L
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-1 08:25
Hello there. Just hit "Reply" so that it will notify me if you still need any help. In regards with asking a customer satisfaction agent, you may contact our support +1 (818) 235 0789 Mon-Fri 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM (PST).

Thanks Wanda. Got the second P3 pro this morning. Flies great and the second version of the firmware works great with a V10 processor iPad. Small question for you : Since I also own a Ronin. Do I get a Ronin tag (small logo) under my name? (so it can mix with my airport). "perhaps as the luggage lift service" (lol)
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Andy_L Posted at 2018-8-1 08:54
Thanks Wanda. Got the second P3 pro this morning. Flies great and the second version of the firmware works great with a V10 processor iPad.  Small question for you : Since I also own a Ronin. Do I get a Ronin tag (small logo) under my name? (so it can mix with my airport).  "perhaps as the luggage lift service" (lol)

That's good to know, sir. In regards to your request, what do you mean by Ronin tag?
2018-8-1
Use props
Andy_L
lvl.2
Canada

If ever possible Wanda, but you don't have a Ronin section on this forum... ;)

2018-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules