DJI Assistant 2 for Windows identified as containing virus threat...
1798 5 2018-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

Few days ago I tried to update DJI Assistant 2 on my Win 10 laptop and Bitdefender Security identified couple of dll files as containing virus threats and blocked them. I ignored the suspected files so those two files are not udated.
  • LightBridge2.dll
  • DJIRadarService.dll

I would appreciate if DJI could advice what action to take to compete the update properly.

Thank you

Suspected DJI Assistan 2 files

Suspected DJI Assistan 2 files
2018-7-22
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Why don't you use Windows Based - Windows Defender ? Its FREE.

Sometimes an Antivirus can tag some Files as being a Virus or Threat, just because they have changed some Variants in the Files itself during the Scanning or else they are used to send and receive data from outside. The Antivirus will think that a Threat / Trojan especially when dealing with *.Dlls Files, so for safety reasons they are usually put Automatically into the Quaratine and you will receive a Warning Message.

I am sure that DJI Assistant 2 doesn't have any Malware or Viruses in it. I use Defender for Windows Vista, Updated with the Latest Virus Definitions, and Never had any Problem.

Win Defender.jpg
2018-7-22
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Latest DJI Assistant v.1.2.4, No Threats / Viruses -

2018-7-22
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

I used to have another Virus Scanner - NOD32, and a friend told me that its better I leave the Windows Defender only. So I uninstalled the NOD32 and never had a Single Conflict or Problem.

From that Day, I never had 1 Single Virus / Trouble, The Windows Defender works Flawlessly and always detected threats and malwares in sites instantly. I find it very reliable.

2018-7-22
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-22 16:28
I used to have another Virus Scanner - NOD32, and a friend told me that its better I leave the Windows Defender only. So I uninstalled the NOD32 and never had a Single Conflict or Problem.

From that Day, I never had 1 Single Virus / Trouble, The Windows Defender works Flawlessly and always detected threats and malwares in sites instantly. I find it very reliable.

Thank you for the response. I had Norton before and it wouldn’t have any issues either. But only until I had a serious issue and forced to reinstall everything from scratch.

I like Bitdefender it works perfectly and never had any issues so far. I will wait for DJI to comment on it. May be a false alarm caused by the software. .
2018-7-22
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-22 16:05
Why don't you use Windows Based - Windows Defender ? Its FREE.

Sometimes an Antivirus can tag some Files as being a Virus or Threat, just because they have changed some Variants in the Files itself during the Scanning or else they are used to send and receive data from outside. The Antivirus will think that a Threat / Trojan especially when dealing with *.Dlls Files, so for safety reasons they are usually put Automatically into the Quaratine and you will receive a Warning Message.

Personally I don’t trust them and not fit for my purpose. I need a robust and more efficient security software. Bitdefender fits the bill and so far didn’t let me down.

Only reason I use Windows because some of the software I use are only available on Windows or Mac. My favourite OS of all the time is Linux. I used Ubuntu Workstation and Server previously and so much better than Windows and it’s free too.
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules