Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solsystem7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6550331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Received this from UAV-Outlet this morning

Hello Raymond, I apologize, I thought one of staff has contacted you in regards to your order. The order had to be confirmed or Amazon would cancel it. The item hasn't been shipped. We were shorted drastically when our Advance shipment came in, we only receive ten, and unfortunately, you were number 22 on the preorder list. Now we are hearing from our DJI rep that the Advance production has been stopped for now. DJI has made us change all of our Advance orders to Professional due to not knowing when they will be available. I apologize for this inconvenience. You have a few choices, you can continue to wait for the Advance, I can refund/cancel your order, or you can upgrade to the Professional for $260 and I can get one to you when they arrive mid next week. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Thank you Toniann 904-800-7725 --- Original message --- Order ID 110-0006996-9184252: 1 of DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter Drone with 1080p HD Video Camera [ASIN: B00VSIT5UE] ------------- Begin message -------------

Hello, Do you know if there were problems with UPS, my Phantom per Amazon should have been here by now. Thanks for any info. Sincerely, Raymond B.
2015-5-22
Use props
badandy
lvl.1

United States

Yea, Im gonna need to hear about this.  I havent ordered yet.
2015-5-22
Use props
hasanahmad
lvl.1

United States

DJI rep on rcgroups said he hasnt heard anything. I think the DJI rep is talking about not production halt but limited supplies to focus more on production of the 4K camera.
2015-5-22
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think they are discontinuing either - just a matter of too much demand and they get to decide what to supply.

2015-5-22
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Not really a discontinuation...  Just a production related temporary pause.  The demand for 4K is higher than they expected.  I am sure they will resume the Advanced production as soon as they fill the backorder for 4K models.
2015-5-22
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is correct.  We will not be fulfilling orders from our dealers and will be limiting sales on DJI.com for the next two weeks.  The demand has been so high we are trying to catch up.  We apologize for any inconvenience.
2015-5-22
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-23 07:23
That is correct.  We will not be fulfilling orders from our dealers and will be limiting sales on DJ ...

Nice problem for you to have.  Glad you are selling well...

It's a fantastic product.  (Just keep up the quality ok?)  ;-)
2015-5-22
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

badandy Posted at 2015-5-23 00:39
Yea, Im gonna need to hear about this.  I havent ordered yet.

I have the Phantom 3 Professional and I am very happy with that choice. But I don't think they are discontinuing the P3Advanced - just postponing delivery to resellers.

I love the flexibility of the 4K video. It really shows in the video quality - even if you end up making a 1080p video to show on regular Full HD TVs, iPads and phones.
You don't need a 4K screen or TV to benefit from 4K. It also means that when you edit your video you can frame your video and crop (or "zoom") without loosing too much quality. It really adds creative flexibility. In fact, you it even makes sense to grab still photos straight from the 4K video since that is basically 8 megapixel photos - compared to the 2 megapixel photos if you take a screengrab from a 1080p video.

There is no doubt the P3 Advanced is an awesome machine as well. I just think the benefits of the Phantom Pro are significant (including the faster battery charger and even new functionality like YouTube streaming seems to get out first for the Pro-version).

BUT, if you haven't flown a quadcopter before, I would get a "toy" quadcopter first and learn to fly (or get it and learn while you wait for delivery of your Phantom 3). I got myself a Hubsan X4 quadcopter and trained on that. The basic mechanics are the same - and since the Hubsan is more difficult to fly, you will feel quite confident flying the Phantom after mastering the Hubsan   And it won't matter too much if you crash the Hubsan. It can take a beating - and it is MUCH better than crashing your expensive flying camera.

If you decide to buy, consider clicking my link below if you want to buy from DJI. That way I'll get a discount on accessories which will really help me out.
-
Buy your DJI Phantom 3, DJI-gear, extra DJI Batteries, DJI Hardshell Backpacks from the DJI Store by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-22
Use props
hasanahmad
lvl.1

United States

That is correct.  We will not be fulfilling orders from our dealers and will be limiting sales on DJ ...

Meanwhile if you could enable YouTube and sdk for advance users we would appreciate it
2015-5-22
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

They are both being worked on.  Just as is the HDMI out board.  
2015-5-22
Use props
kpresley84
lvl.2
United States

So does this mean that those of us that are still waiting to receive our p3a are going to have to wait another 2 weeks longer now? Please clarify...thanks
2015-5-22
Use props
hasanahmad
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-23 12:31
They are both being worked on.  Just as is the HDMI out board.

But hdmi outboard would require a hardware revision, is YouTube and sdk going to be available to the current hardware version of advanced users ?
2015-5-23
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

UAV Direct is my local store in Liberty Hill. I currently own a P2 and they have been very helpful. If I was getting a P3, the advanced would be the one. The 4K video is a waste as far as I am concerned. Most video is streamed at 720 or 1080 and how many TVs are super HD? Besides there is very little difference between 4K and 1080, that the eye can see. Anyway, DJI is making money on the extra bucks they are getting on the P3 Pro so why put all their effort into the Advanced. When my P2 is no longer fly able I am going for the 3DR Solo.
2015-5-23
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hasanahmad@gmai Posted at 2015-5-23 19:22
But hdmi outboard would require a hardware revision, is YouTube and sdk going to be available to t ...

Yes it is a replacement board for the existing USB board on the back of the Tx.  DJI has already stated that they Advanced will get SDK and streaming video.  We just don't know the when.
2015-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules