Spark waypoint mission with Litchi
1703 10 2018-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stealther
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406486 ft
Australia

Just tested this with my Spark and it works!
Had the latest firmware in the Spark and remote and using an iPad 2018. Makes the little Spark even more impressive!
The Litchi I used is the 2.5 beta
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. Again, we do not recommend our Customer to use any third-party application because this may void your warranty if you encounter any issue when using the third-party app. We still advise our Customer to use the DJI Go/DJI Go 4 app. Thank you for your understanding.
2018-7-23
Use props
munchausen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 890217 ft

Dear Natalia, as it has been pointed out quite a few times already, DJI as of today still neglects to provide a waypoint mission feature for Spark, so whoever is interested has no choice. We would very much welcome it though.
I have also tested the feature twice with very good results. One thing I realized however is that after I set up a mission I set RTH to do at last. I only realized Litchi created a final waypoint at home position 1m above ground. I know I didn't create that point, my last WP was 50m away and 30m high. The mission was set to cruise at 18km/h ~ 5m/s. When I saw the AC coming back at high speed towards me, I hit the red button to stop the mission, otherwise it could have crashed. Reported this to Litchi, which they denied that the app creates an extra WP, they assert it performs an RTH.
I didn't have the chance to test it again, but be cautious.
2018-7-23
Use props
stealther
lvl.4
Australia

munchausen Posted at 2018-7-23 02:56
Dear Natalia, as it has been pointed out quite a few times already, DJI as of today still neglects to provide a waypoint mission feature for Spark, so whoever is interested has no choice. We would very much welcome it though.
I have also tested the feature twice with very good results. One thing I realized however is that after I set up a mission I set RTH to do at last. I only realized Litchi created a final waypoint at home position 1m above ground. I know I didn't create that point, my last WP was 50m away and 30m high. The mission was set to cruise at 18km/h ~ 5m/s. When I saw the AC coming back at high speed towards me, I hit the red button to stop the mission, otherwise it could have crashed. Reported this to Litchi, which they denied that the app creates an extra WP, they assert it performs an RTH.

I did not have that problem. The last waypoint was set at about 100m from where I took off and it just did a RTH from there and landed correctly.

Not sure why DJI do not recommend 3rd party apps, after all, they make the SDK available and without that it would be impossible to create the software.

2018-7-23
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

munchausen Posted at 2018-7-23 02:56

You must have accidentally tapped the mobile device and created a WP - easy to do.

At least 10 missions planned and ran with no "extra waypoint" issue here
2018-7-23
Use props
VincentEth
New
United States

Can anyone tell me if Litchi has a preview flight option similar to hangar autopilot's 'Path Inspector'? I have flown some missions with the beta version of Litchi with great success! I have better success than with autopilot.
2018-7-23
Use props
stealther
lvl.4
Australia

VincentEth Posted at 2018-7-23 07:33
Can anyone tell me if Litchi has a preview flight option similar to hangar autopilot's 'Path Inspector'? I have flown some missions with the beta version of Litchi with great success! I have better success than with autopilot.

I don't think it does... It seems a bit pointless actually, as you have the complete mission on the screen while you create it. It tells you all you need to know before you actually fly it, including mission duration, distance between waypoints, altitude at waypoint (also terrain elevation if you enable it) and much more. A lot of thought has gone into this app.

2018-7-23
Use props
stealther
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-23 02:51
Hi there. Again, we do not recommend our Customer to use any third-party application because this may void your warranty if you encounter any issue when using the third-party app. We still advise our Customer to use the DJI Go/DJI Go 4 app. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Natalia,

Why does DJI encourage development of software for their drones by making an SDK available and then advise against using any of the apps created this way?

2018-7-23
Use props
munchausen
lvl.4

pmshop Posted at 2018-7-23 04:57
You must have accidentally tapped the mobile device and created a WP - easy to do.

At least 10 missions planned and ran with no "extra waypoint" issue here

Maybe I did, but it would be very interesting how did I do that when it was exactly at home point and exactly at 1m. None of the other WPs were set to brush up the terrain.
2018-7-23
Use props
munchausen
lvl.4

stealther Posted at 2018-7-23 17:54
Hi Natalia,

Why does DJI encourage development of software for their drones by making an SDK available and then advise against using any of the apps created this way?

Because this is their only way to warn us that warranty is/could be void when you don't use go4.
And they are right, what rather bothers me is that they have to warn us in every single topic.
I should implement a DJI warning blocker in adblock
2018-7-23
Use props
heliman
lvl.4

Please implement a warning blocker in the go app too.
Until then, I only use the go app at home, for updating firmware.
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules