Why is DJI gimping the Phantom 3 Advanced vs Professional?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hasanahmad
lvl.1

United States

The Phantom 3 advanced and professional have the same hardware except the camera

So why are advanced users still waiting for youtube streaming which has nothing to do with the camera and why are advanced users still waiting for SDK when it has nothing to do with camera? Even the Phantom 2 and Phantom 2 Vision+ have SDK access and Phantom 3 advanced doesnt. This is unfair to the Phantom 3 Advanced users when these features should be enabled NOW and can be enabled IF DJI wants it to be. Why is it taking so long when the firmware that both Phantom 3 Advanced and Professional use is the same as well.
2015-5-22
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 752917 ft
United States

I don't think this is the case. The fact that there is 2 different files for Firmware updates for Advanced and Professional should tell you something. Obviously there are different protocols for each and it could very well be due to the camera as just because they look the same doesn't mean they are. Keep in mind SDKs are very complicated to complete correctly as well. They are probably focusing on the Professional first being simply due to the fact that by putting pro on a product you would think these features would be completed first.

These are brand new products and speaking from experience FW and SDKs are tricky things so my suggestion is be patient. It should all be worked out soon.  
2015-5-22
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

digitaldave Posted at 2015-5-23 03:41
I don't think this is the case. The fact that there is 2 different files for Firmware updates for Ad ...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... amp;postcount=13381

Even if i think DJI is just neglecting the "P 3 Advace" to sell more P3P. I still think the Pro is a better deal.  Anyone buying an Advance is a fool. PERIOD.
2015-5-22
Use props
chase45
lvl.1

United States

Why?

Some of us do not have monitors, TVs, Etc to take advantage of the 4k.

Not only that, but with the price difference you could buy another battery or two
2015-5-22
Use props
Swiss
lvl.1

Switzerland

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-5-23 04:01
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31690611&postcount=13381

I have an Advanced, considering its my first drone I wasn't prepared to spend anymore on a top of the range aircraft which I may end up crashing. In addition I can't see myself shooting in 4k since it eats up huge amounts of memory and takes ages to process (I only have an old i5 Dell).
Anyway here is one happy Advanced owner

2015-5-22
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Agree that it makes little sense that a function like the YouTube Streaming is not available on both (at the same time). I don't know if there is a big sinister plan behind it - they just might have to develop separate firmwares - and are backlogged and had to prioritize one of the two. And it is natural to prioritize the "ro".
I have a Phantom 3 Professional and would agree that the Pro is a better deal. And they could have made them all "ro". But it makes sense for them to serve both parts of the market. I can see why the Advanced 1080P-version might make sense - for example if people don't have a computer that is able to handle the 4K video and don't what to upgrade that too. But if you do, and you have a greater ambition to maybe also use the video for something more than just personal pleasure, the 4K gives you a lot of advantages and editing possibilities - even if you decide to output in 1080P. Hell, you can do screen-caps of 4K video and get some decent 8 megapixel stills - quite the difference from the 2 megapixel stills you would get form a 1080p stream

-
Buy your DJI Phantom 3, DJI-gear, extra DJI Batteries, DJI Hardshell Backpacks from the DJI Store by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-22
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-23 05:30
Agree that it makes little sense that a function like the YouTube Streaming is not available on both ...

Think Apple... DJI is just doing the same crap...  iPhone 6 Plus: Some extra features that would of course works on the smaller iPhone 6 but why do that (e.g:Optical image stabilization) ... We want people to buy the 6 plus so that we can pocket more money..  Althought im not sure that if i was going to buy a P3A, features like youtube live streaming would had kept me from buying one....
2015-5-22
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 752917 ft
United States

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-5-23 04:01
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31690611&postcount=13381

I don't think its necessary to put down people for buying an Advanced model. You can buy 2 extra batteries with the monty you save and very little people are going to be able to edit and view 4K let alone share it in 4K. I work in pro video and photo and no one expects 4K footage yet.
2015-5-22
Use props
Droned
lvl.2
United States

I have the Advantage, and am not a fool. My flatscreen TV is not 4K, my Laptop screen not 4K., can I afford to upgrade all my equipment now?  YES!  
When it’s time to replace my TV, and Laptop, I’ll get 4K, by then the Phantom 5 will be out, so for now, the need to own a P3P is not necessary. Am a PT hobbyist, not a professional photographer, or someone who must have the top of the line of everything they own. To me, that’s a fool. Like I said price is no issue for me, so as long as my P3A can go up/down,  fly side ways, take pics, and movies, well, that works for me at the present time.
2015-5-22
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-5-23 06:23
Think Apple... DJI is just doing the same crap...  iPhone 6 Plus: Some extra features that would o ...

Optical image stabilization is HARDWARE not software.  The 6+ has a thicker & larger camera that you can see if you compare them side by side.  The 6+ has extra motors and lenses inside that perform mechanical stabilization.  The regular iPhone 6 simply does not contain the HARDWARE to do it.

So it not just software.  It's HARDWARE.  It'a also a matter of PHYSICAL SPACE.

The DJI features...  I am sure all the features will come.  Be patient.
2015-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules