Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Huawei Mate 9 - DJI Inaccurate Compatibility Statement
2400 13 2018-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_SP0hJke76BoV
lvl.2
Greece

According to the official DJI Osmo 2 Specification as of 23.7.2018 Huawei Mate 9 (MHA-L29) is considered "compatible" with the gimbal.

However, despite that Mate 9 is capable of recording 2160p video, NONE of the advanced Osmo 2 modes (TimeLapse, MotionLapse, HyperLapse) are supported in 1080p or 2160p resolutions via DJI Go App, instead the video resolution is limited to 720p. Furthermore the quality of 2160p video when recorded via DJI Go app normal mode, is far inferior (exposure-wise) compared to the one produced by native huawei camera app.

Bear in mind that the respective condition is affecting all Huawei EMUI versions [Currently Installed: EMUI/Android 8.0.0, Build# MHA-L29 8.0.0.366(C432)] and that both the Gimbal and DJI Go app are updated to the latest versions.

Finally please note that I am available for beta-testing any currently unreleased DJI Go versions towards contributing on Osmo 2 development.

So, when DJI is expected to fully conform to the - currently inaccurate - compatibility statement quoted above and resolve these major issues?

2018-7-22
Use props
djiuser_SP0hJke76BoV
lvl.2
Greece

Any news on when Huawei Mate 9 will become fully compatible with DKI Go app?
2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_SP0hJke76BoV Posted at 2018-7-25 07:21
Any news on when Huawei Mate 9 will become fully compatible with DKI Go app?

Hello there. Sorry for the late response. Upon checking here, the Huawei Mate 9 is listed on one of the compatible devices for Osmo Mobile 2. We highly suggest reinstalling the firmware if you're having some bugs or errors in the app and check if the issue will persist.
2018-7-25
Use props
djiuser_SP0hJke76BoV
lvl.2
Greece

No errors or abnormal app or gimbal behavior have been experienced except the resolution and video quality issues reported above, however I have re-installed DJI Go App and the issue still remains.

DJI Go app version

Huawei Mate 9 Version

Normal Video max resolution = 4K

M-Timelapse, Hyperlapse etc Video resolution = 720p

Could you please check with DJI Engineers on possible bug or other issues?
2018-7-25
Use props
djiuser_SP0hJke76BoV
lvl.2
Greece

Are there any news regarding the above issue? Does DJI engineering confirm this as a customer found issue/bug?
2018-7-26
Use props
djiuser_SP0hJke76BoV
lvl.2
Greece

Any news on when DJI will fix the timelapses & motionlapses resolution issue (i.e. recording in 720p instead of 2160p as inaccurately stated in Osmo 2 Compatibility statement) on Huawei Mate 9?
2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_SP0hJke76BoV Posted at 2018-7-28 21:49
Any news on when DJI will fix the timelapses & motionlapses resolution issue (i.e. recording in 720p instead of 2160p as inaccurately stated in Osmo 2 Compatibility statement) on Huawei Mate 9?

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, as of the moment, the resolution of Timelapse in Android mobile device is 720P and we will keep improving our apps to provide better quality service. Thanks for understanding.
2018-7-29
Use props
djiuser_SP0hJke76BoV
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-29 14:06
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, as of the moment, the resolution of Timelapse in Android mobile device is 720P and we will keep improving our apps to provide better quality service. Thanks for understanding.

So Huawei Mate 9 owners shall wait for the DJI Go app further development.

However I guess that DJI shall update the Osmo 2 compatibility statement so to accurately reflect that kind of current android app versions limitation and avoid customer dissatisfaction.

2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_SP0hJke76BoV Posted at 2018-7-29 22:07
So Huawei Mate 9 owners shall wait for the DJI Go app further development.

However I guess that DJI shall update the Osmo 2 compatibility statement so to accurately reflect that kind of current android app versions limitation and avoid customer dissatisfaction.

Hi, we perfectly understand your concern, however, we will forward this concern to our R&D engineers to see what we can do in here if we could possibly upgrade the resolution of our time lapse for Android devices.
2018-7-30
Use props
djiuser_SP0hJke76BoV
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-30 09:36
Hi, we perfectly understand your concern, however, we will forward this concern to our R&D engineers to see what we can do in here if we could possibly upgrade the resolution of our time lapse for Android devices.

Are there any news on Huawei Mate 9 as far as the 4K timelapse support is concerned?
2018-8-22
Use props
tuxoche
lvl.1

djiuser_SP0hJke76BoV Posted at 2018-8-22 07:24
Are there any news on Huawei Mate 9 as far as the 4K timelapse support is concerned?

It's the same with the Huawei Mate 10 Pro, but DJI probably doesn't like Android :-( And the Samsung S7, which is listed to be compatible does 1080p only
2018-8-25
Use props
djiuser_SP0hJke76BoV
lvl.2
Greece

djiuser_SP0hJke76BoV Posted at 2018-8-22 07:24
Are there any news on Huawei Mate 9 as far as the 4K timelapse support is concerned?

It seems that actual timelapse support in DJI Go is rather a mixed bag. For example I have tested my old Xiaomi Mi 5 that theoretically is unsupported and found that  works flawlessly with 4K resolution in both normal and timelapse recording modes ... while Huawei Mate 9 that considered fully supported is limited to 720p timelapses.
2018-8-25
Use props
Croniat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16181 ft
France

Hi,
I bought a Huawei Mate 9 8GB RAM 128 GB to use with my Osmo Mobile, reading compatibility list. I can create 3968x2240 (16:9) videos. And I am waiting now to be able to use same resolution on time lapses.
2018-9-2
Use props
djiuser_SP0hJke76BoV
lvl.2
Greece

Croniat Posted at 2018-9-2 08:48
Hi,
I bought a Huawei Mate 9 8GB RAM 128 GB to use with my Osmo Mobile, reading compatibility list. I can create 3968x2240 (16:9) videos. And I am waiting now to be able to use same resolution on time lapses.

Timelapses is not the only issue unfortunately in mate 9 ... auto exposure and auto focus on dji go are far inferior compared to the stock huawei camera app ... let’s hope that dji will keep developing dji go to address these issues ... software maturity level is rather low ... so I have decided to purchase filmic pro app for normal recording mode ...
2018-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules