OTG Problem -Connection with tablet Huawei T3
8545 13 2018-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thagiam
lvl.1
Spain

Good morning i have just updated the phone, rc and spark drone with the new software firmware.

Although the phone  HUAWEI MAte 9 connection with OTG cable works as usual , i found out that there is a proble with my tablet.

I have the huawei media pad T3  8 inch . Before the update the OTG cable was working perfectly ans without problems.
After the update of firmware the OTG cable connection doesnt work .  For your information, when I connect the RC with the Tablet via OTG
the tablet doesnt recognize the RC as it hapens with the phone.

Can you please advise on this ?

2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. However, the Huawei media pad T3 that you are using is not fully compatible with your Spark. I highly recommend you to use a fully compatible device on your Spark to avoid any issues when flying. For reference, you may check the attached image below for the compatible devices on Spark. If you have any other concern, please let us know. Thank you.

2018-7-23
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Watch this Video Tutorial Mate, Try this Method just to be 100% sure, although I think you know how to connect it  -

2018-7-23
Use props
thagiam
lvl.1
Spain

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-23 05:11
Watch this Video Tutorial Mate, Try this Method just to be 100% sure, although I think you know how to connect it  -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR9T0aiIoOc

Hello again

I tried to connect with the video instruction and my tablet didnt worked.

i thing that this is a proble of firmware because before the update i had connection on my tablet
How can i Install the previews version of firmware?Is this a good idea ?
2018-7-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

thagiam Posted at 2018-7-25 01:44
Hello again

I tried to connect with the video instruction and my tablet didnt worked.

Can you try to connect the Spark with the PC via USB on DJI Assistant 2 and rollback the firmware ?

Else wait for someone with same problem to guide you or contact DJI Support again.

I am seeing that DJI told you ''However, the Huawei media pad T3 that you are using is not fully compatible with your Spark.''

Best thing is to rollback if you want to use that Tablet.

2018-7-25
Use props
thagiam
lvl.1
Spain

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-25 02:33
Can you try to connect the Spark with the PC via USB on DJI Assistant 2 and rollback the firmware ?

Else wait for someone with same problem to guide you or contact DJI Support again.

Thanks a mil! Is there any tutorial because I am quite new with the drones and i wouldnt want to make a mistake!
2018-7-26
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

thagiam Posted at 2018-7-26 08:48
Thanks a mil! Is there any tutorial because I am quite new with the drones and i wouldnt want to make a mistake!

Watch this -

2018-7-26
Use props
S1m0n
lvl.2

Slovenia

@thagiam, did you make any progress with this issue?
I'm having the same issues with my T3 8inch and the Remote... OTG is just charging my tablet thats all it does...
2018-8-29
Use props
thagiam
lvl.1
Greece

S1m0n Posted at 2018-8-29 00:39
@thagiam, did you make any progress with this issue?
I'm having the same issues with my T3 8inch and the Remote... OTG is just charging my tablet thats all it does...

Hello

with the latest  firmware upgrade  both Mobile  phone Huawei Mate9 and tablet  Huawei T3 didn't work.

I downgrade the firmware in the copter and now i have perfect OTG connection in mobile phone but NOT in the tablet.

I assume that there is a problem and when i connect the rc with the tablet via otg, the tablet recognizes the tablet as a charging device. The usual pop up message for USB use as a transfer files photos doesn't work .
For the record the usb connection of the tablet enables the pop up when i connect  a usb stick with movies.

I don't know what to do ?
2018-8-29
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

Not every Android device supports USB-OTG. It is most likely your table doesn't support it.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-8-29
Use props
thagiam
lvl.1
Greece

Wolferl Posted at 2018-8-29 03:04
Hi,

Not every Android device supports USB-OTG. It is most likely your table doesn't support it.

Is there any list with devices that support the USB-OTG?
2018-8-29
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

thagiam Posted at 2018-8-29 03:09
Is there any list with devices that support the USB-OTG?

Well, since new phones and tablet come out all the time, that's difficult to tell.
But here's a start:
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/otg-compatibility-list
and
http://www.samsungsfour.com/tutorials/complete-list-of-samsung-galaxy-smartphones-with-otg-support-usb-on-the-go.html

You'll have to search for your preferred make, thouogh.

It could be that you need to root your Android device to enable OTG. My phone is rooted.

Edit:
The Huawei Mediapad T3 does indeed support OTG. Maybe it is that cable not playing nice?

HTH,
Wolferl
2018-8-29
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

thagiam Posted at 2018-8-29 02:43
Hello

with the latest  firmware upgrade  both Mobile  phone Huawei Mate9 and tablet  Huawei T3 didn't work.

Try 4.1.15 version of the app
2018-8-31
Use props
dennis8803
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I am having a similar problem my Huawei MediaPad t3 7 works perfect with a  Phantom 3 on wi-fi, but my spark connects on wi-fi and otg cable it shows Telemetry if I lift the spark the altitude varies but nothing from the camera, has anyone managed to get this Tab working with a spark.
2018-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules