Live view problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hangman3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79692 ft
United Kingdom

Phantom4
I dont fly the drone vey often, but I went to fly it today & found that it was impossible to fly as the live view was so glitchy it wasimpossible to fly. I have had this drone for just over a year & find that evey time I go to fly (which isnt very often) there is one issue or another. I am beginning to feel it was a waste of a lot of money. Please help me to sort my problem & change my mind.
I have all the latest updates:
DJIGO4: v4.2.16
Remote firmware: v1.9.3
Bird firmware: V02.00.0700
Samsung Tab S 700.

I have tried with the USB debugging on & off. I have tried transmision settings on Auto & manual (manual set to lowest). I make sure the WiFi and other apps are turned off. Non of this makes any difference.
I have tried indoors & out, but this is the kind of result I get.

062253qgiagat04ffax454[1].jpg
062535st026c6tz5c94754[1].jpg
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do feel sorry that you are having troubles with the live view monitor. Unfortunately the Samsung Tab S700 that you are currently using is not compatible to run the app. Please see the list of fully compatible device for your reference . Thank you.

2018-7-23
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

As it happens, the Samsung Tab S 705c that is in the list is identical in spec to the 700 that I have. The only difference is that the 705 has a phone as a part of it. This should make no difference to the flying of a drone.
I have flown before using this Tablet. Maybe there are issues with the updates?
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hangman3 Posted at 2018-7-23 04:24
As it happens, the Samsung Tab S 705c that is in the list is identical in spec to the 700 that I have. The only difference is that the 705 has a phone as a part of it. This should make no difference to the flying of a drone.
I have flown before using this Tablet. Maybe there are issues with the updates?

Hi, yes it may had worked before but after the update you may not be able to use it or be having errors because its not fully compatible. We will forward this concern and your mobile device model to our engineers for testing and development as well. Thank you.
2018-7-23
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

So I guess that if this is the case then the recommended 705c model will fail to work as well? Please let me know what the tech dept say as Holiday season is here & I would like to be using the drone.
2018-7-23
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

1; Have you heard from the tech department yet?
2; as its not in the list, I guess you are saying that an ipad pro is no good either, yes?
2018-7-26
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

I had this exact problem with my tablet when I first got my Phantom. My first thought was broken antenna connection, but after trying a more powerful device with success, soon realized that this is a symptom of slow CPU, unable to keep up with the live video feed. Go 4 needs the fastest mobile devices made in order to get decent performance.
2018-7-27
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have now ordered an iPad air2 so am hoping that it will solve the issue. I will respond with the result & hope I have not just wasted a few hundred quid!!
2018-7-27
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

So I have now had chance to try out the iPad air 2 . Although it is an improvement on the Samsung, it still isn't great. I still get blank vision spots and also screen lock for a second or so at random points. Bit gutted to have had to spend a few hundred quid to find I have the same problem.
2018-8-5
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Give this a try,

Make sure when using for your iPad flight device NOTHING ELSE IS RUNNING in the background.  Basically, end all background apps. Turn off and then reboot after say....5 min.  Don't start anything until you are ready to start GO4

If you are not using an APPLE Cable between iPad and RC,  then get one to see if that helps......

Randy
2018-8-5
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Have tried different cable & making sure everything is off. There was a bit of an improvement but it still went glitchy at about 500m & even lost its signal one time so flew home.
2018-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules