1493 3 2018-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kowal63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 579843 ft
  • >>>
United States

I posted this before....i had 14 sats prior to take off and geofence kicked in during flight...not allowing me to land back on land....sadly my spark runs out of juice and enters the water about 25 feet in front of me.....what a helpless feeling.
Now i feel as though i am getting the run around.

only fellow drone owners will be able to figure this out
Wow! wow! wow! What a fight!
Let me re-enact last 3.5 minutes of your Spark's life:
9m 59 sec – Return home warning – battery low
10m 2 sec – you stop flying.
10m 9 sec – drone starts automatic RTH sequence tripped by low battery power. This is correct action.
10m 12 sec – automatic heading alignment in the direction of home point is completed – drone starts flying back but skims along geo-fence unable to penetrate it. It is not flying in the direction it is pointing to (home point) but rather along the geo-fence getting closer to home.
This is bad but consistent with behaviour observed in case https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=152623
You are not providing any stick input – just waiting for Spark to do its job.
11m 21 sec – Spark is near closest point to home on the other side of the fence – its further progress along the fence would only take it further away. So it stops.
11m 22 sec – You switch to Sport mode thus cancelling RTH (which was useless anyways) but you do not touch sticks. Nothing happens since nothing can happen.
11m 24 sec – Spark initiates auto-landing due to critical battery level. Altitude 45 metres. You are not touching your sticks.
11m 28 sec – You start turning camera down – but still no directional input for drone.
11m 33 sec – Finally you decide to take control and start flying Spark – you cannot get through geo-fence – your actions are chaotic – Spark is going down.
11m 41 sec – You give up. Spark is 17 metres above water and landing with speed about 1 m/s.
11m 46 sec – You direct Spark to fly up. It obeys. You do it for half a second only and than watch in horror as Spark continues is journey down.
Few more chaotic stick movements follow but Spark is pretty much stuck and going down.
12 m 11 sec – 5 metres above water. You attempt to raise the elevation and you succeed. Battery is down to 6%
13 m 22 sec – You got Spark 53 metres up, you are facing roughly good direction and you are trying like crazy to fly home. Geo-fence stops you. Battery level is 0%. Doom is almost inevitable.
13m 31 sec – forced landing due to no power left.
Your Spark sinks while your right thumb is on full throttle forward in your direction but Spark is being stopped by geo-fence.
This was extremely well done and good fight. Congratulations!
I suspect that had you hit RTH again while Spark was stuck at the fence - it would have flown through it as was in case of 62+. However, I do not know for sure since 62+ case was slightly different - his geo-fence was not enforced airport geo-fence but rather geo-fence he set himself by setting max flight distance in DJI GO App. I strongly suspect that behaviour would be the same (that is - success) but I am not sure.
If you have warranty I would be very surprised if DJI would not honor it.
This is very clearly DJI design error which prevented you from safe landing despite quite heroic efforts.
DJI allowed you to operate within restricted space and yet, once you flew out, they did not allow you to come back. Very, very clear error on DJI part.
Good luck and please keep us posted on your success with DJI.

this app was updated the very next day of my incident

this app was updated the very next day of my incident
2018-7-23
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

I had a situation as well don't know if the actions are related.

Here is the link
2018-7-23
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

yes if you look at the very end of the video I have screen shots of the flight, in to a geo fence then could not get out basically.
this is near my home and now flying at home I unlock online everytime as well as notify my local tower...i'm 4.91 miles from the airport.
2018-7-23
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 579843 ft
  • >>>
United States

Carmenvail Posted at 2018-7-23 21:18
yes if you look at the very end of the video I have screen shots of the flight, in to a geo fence then could not get out basically.
this is near my home and now flying at home I unlock online everytime as well as notify my local tower...i'm 4.91 miles from the airport.

I see...you were lucky....my situation is different....i had 14 sats at takeoff...home point recorded....i took it out over Bay of Fundy to get a couple pictures of ship "State of Maine" on way back to takeoff spot....my spark encounters geofence while returning......all i could do is watch it go in the salt water from about 25 feet off the end of the pier....very sad heart wrenching sight.....i had beautiful images of the state of maine....i was absolutely helpless....they released and update that addresses that exact issue the very next day.....now they are trying to scr*w me over not cool.....you see in image geofence boundary and where she went in.
2018-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules