844 19 2018-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M2bfx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49278 ft
United Kingdom

Thinking of getting some Goggles for my Spark and Mavic Air
Will the goggles work ok with both drones, also any issues with image quality from transmission, presume need cable from remote to headset and not connected any other way ??
Thoughts
Many thanks
Barry
2018-7-23
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

I am curiuos how these work as well, if your head is in the goggles, you cant use the phone for any settings, so are thye just for FPV flying basicly, and not taking pics or anything?

and they do not need your phone in the goggles, they have there own screen correct?
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. Thanks for reaching out DJI Forum.  DJI Goggles supports Mavic series, Spark, Phantom 4 series and Inspire series. Some functions will be adapted for different DJI Products. You can use this link for more information and FAQS on the DJI Goggles. https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... -v2&position=1. If you have further question, please let me know. Thank you.
2018-7-23
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for not answering one question and providing a link....... super helpful
2018-7-23
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>

hi yes they work with both drones and you have full controll  with head and gimbal tracking....no drop in qaulity, i love flying with goggles you see so much more than you do looking at phone or ipad screen
2018-7-23
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>

Mittens Posted at 2018-7-23 10:33
Thanks for not answering one question and providing a link....... super helpful

i love sarcasm its my favourite way of venting at stupid peolple too lol lol
2018-7-23
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

ha good times!  thanks for the info   I am guesing there is some kind of buttons that allow you to select things on the app, vs clicking on the phone.
2018-7-23
Use props
M2bfx
lvl.2

Mittens Posted at 2018-7-23 10:47
ha good times!  thanks for the info   I am guesing there is some kind of buttons that allow you to select things on the app, vs clicking on the phone.

I think you have a track pad on the side
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mittens Posted at 2018-7-23 10:33
Thanks for not answering one question and providing a link....... super helpful

Hi, sorry for the incomplete resolution that was given to you in regards to your concern, for clarification when you're using a spark and MA, you have to have an OTG cable for you to connect the RC to the DJI goggles. Video transmission image quality might change from recording resolution. Please see the details below for references.

* When the video is recorded at 4K, the highest video transmission resolution is 720p/30;
* When the video is recorded at 2.7K, video transmission resolution tops out at 1080p/30;
*When the video is recorded at 1080p or below, depending on whether the frame rate is higher than 30fps or lower than 30fps, the max video transmission resolution will be 720p/60fps or 1080p/30fps, respectively.

Please don't hesitate to reach us for further assistance.
2018-7-23
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-23 13:05
Hi, sorry for the incomplete resolution that was given to you in regards to your concern, for clarification when you're using a spark and MA, you have to have an OTG cable for you to connect the RC to the DJI goggles. Video transmission image quality might change from recording resolution. Please see the details below for references.

* When the video is recorded at 4K, the highest video transmission resolution is 720p/30;

hahaha this is great. While this is more info then the last DJI response. its still does not even address the questions asked in the first post.  DO they read the threads or not?
2018-7-24
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>

Mittens Posted at 2018-7-24 06:32
hahaha this is great. While this is more info then the last DJI response. its still does not even address the questions asked in the first post.  DO they read the threads or not?

lmao lmao
2018-7-24
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>

Mittens Posted at 2018-7-23 10:47
ha good times!  thanks for the info   I am guesing there is some kind of buttons that allow you to select things on the app, vs clicking on the phone.

yea there is a trackpad and buttons on goggles with a combination of swiping in various directions with combinations of fingers (1 AND 2 TOGETHER) you can do pretty much what app can do , what i do is set it all up app first , its less frustrating , and then plug goggles in and tweak settings as needed ..they are proper great fun and very underated on here i think ....
2018-7-24
Use props
Jeetley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123944 ft
United Kingdom

let me know how you get on with them please..i have a spark and have been toying with the idea of dji goggles for some time
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jeetley Posted at 2018-7-24 08:39
let me know how you get on with them please..i have a spark and have been toying with the idea of dji goggles for some time

Hi, I would like to ask if you're trying to connect your spark with DJI Goggles, If yes, you'll be needing to use an OTG cable for you to connect your RC to the DJI Goggles, however, if you have a question about the functionality of the DJI goggles and the drone, you can elaborate it more for further assistance.
2018-7-24
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-24 09:21
Hi, I would like to ask if you're trying to connect your spark with DJI Goggles, If yes, you'll be needing to use an OTG cable for you to connect your RC to the DJI Goggles, however, if you have a question about the functionality of the DJI goggles and the drone, you can elaborate it more for further assistance.

why I have elaborated and DJI has yet to answer
2018-7-24
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jeetley Posted at 2018-7-24 08:39
let me know how you get on with them please..i have a spark and have been toying with the idea of dji goggles for some time

hi all my comments on goggles above are for Spark, MA, P4P+ ....defo worth it matey
2018-7-24
Use props
Jeetley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123944 ft
United Kingdom

wobbles Posted at 2018-7-24 09:55
hi all my comments on goggles above are for Spark, MA, P4P+ ....defo worth it matey

cheers wobbles
2018-7-24
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pleasure matey , happy flying ,I will make a video over next few weeks showing goggles in action with all drones ...keep a look out
2018-7-24
Use props
M2bfx
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-24 09:21

Connectivity so OTG is fine
2018-7-24
Use props
Noble797
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42605 ft

I’m really interested in the goggles, but then I read FAA guidelines. They say you must visually see you drone at all times, but can’t do that if you have goggles on.
2018-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules