Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AirPilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2355823 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Hi DJI,

Sometimes, during the startup of my Mavic Air, I get the following warning message on the DJI Go 4 App on my Iphone X:  "Navigation System Redundancy Switch. Switched to Backup IMU". The message lasts only for a few seconds.
The "Overall Status" area in the DJI Go 4 App shows no errors or warnings after this message is gone.

The aircraft sometimes drifts about a meter during takeoff, and might be related to this message, because the flight log doesn't show any messages.

I have to mention that:
- I always ensure that I have a minimum of 12 sattelites lock before starting the motors and taking off.
- I already did a firmware refresh and reset to factory settings in DJI Assistant 2, followed by an IMU and compass calibration, without any success.
- I checked my flght logs but no error messages or stick inputs are detected during takeoff.
- I checked my remote calibration and everything is perfect.

Can you please tell me what is the cause of this message and behaviour?

082797F4-DDFA-4CEB-92A5-EC13AF2C3BB1.jpeg
2018-7-23
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Interestingly enough, I got this for the first time just yesterday during a takeoff on my second battery after swapping it in... And my MA drifted about the same distance once it completed the Precision Takeoff sequence.
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, for the Mavic Air's software, a dual redundancy navigation system has been designed and the two fusion algorithms will calculate independently of each other, however, if there is an error with one of the algorithms, then the other algorithms will be used. If the issue will persist after troubleshooting steps, I would recommend sending the aircraft to our team for further evaluation. Please see the link below.

www.dji.com/service
2018-7-24
Use props
AirPilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2355823 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-24 10:19
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, for the Mavic Air's software, a dual redundancy navigation system has been designed and the two fusion algorithms will calculate independently of each other, however, if there is an error with one of the algorithms, then the other algorithms will be used. If the issue will persist after troubleshooting steps, I would recommend sending the aircraft to our team for further evaluation. Please see the link below.

www.dji.com/service

Yes, the problem persists.
I will return the aircraft today, as it is still in the 30 days return window.
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AirPilot Posted at 2018-7-26 00:57
Yes, the problem persists.
I will return the aircraft today, as it is still in the 30 days return window.

Hi, thanks for the feedback, in any case, that the reseller can't help you out. Please don't hesitate to reach our team for further help. Thank you.
2018-7-26
Use props
ManuCH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157881 ft
Switzerland

Hi! I am having the exact same issue, except that I'm not experiencing any side effects. Once out of every 4-5 flights, I will get the error message "Navigation System Redundancy Switch. Switched to Backup IMU" lasting for a few seconds. It will then disappear automatically.

If I check the IMU status in the app, it's all green, no errors are shown, and the Mavic Air will behave normally during flight.

@AirPilot, does your replacement Air do that as well? I don't want to return it if it's just a fluke or cosmetic bug not having any impact on actual flight.
2018-8-1
Use props
CptnBlackBeard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 956217 ft
Serbia

Hi,
I've been having the same issue occasionally, roughly once a week if I fly every day.
A warning pops up for 1 to 3 sec. and then disappears.
Usually on the second battery.
Usually, I get the Calibrate Compass before that.

Here's what I've tried so far:
I start with:
01. Compas Calibration
02. IMU Calibration
- usually no errors after this
03. Refresh Firmware from the Desktop App
- sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries to get it through

My main questions are:
01. If the Notification shows for like 1 to 3 sec and disappear, does it mean that it switched to redundancy and stayed on redundancy?
- if it's like that it would be good to have the notification on and not disappear until we switch back to primary
02. Since the notification disappears, and Air says ready to Go all green, does it mean it is fixed after the IMU recalibration, or am I still on the redundancy one?
03 same question for the Firmware Refresh?
2018-8-21
Use props
H0TR0D
New
Flight distance : 129278 ft
United States

I just purchased a mavic zoom a few weeks ago. this will make my fourth DJI drone in 3 years.  I never had any major issues before, and never wrecked one. After a few successful flights with the new zoom in the span of a week, i decided to fly it over an old cabin roof to inspect for damage. Great signal & plenty of satellites, everything seemed normal. A few minutes into what seemed to be a smooth flight, i began to get warnings.  I removed thumbs immediately, drone was hovering perfectly about 20 feet above the center of the roof. As I read the screen and more warnings were popping up, I lost connection with drone that quick, screen went blank,  and thats when i almost simultaneously  heard the thump as it fell to the roof. Free of any obstacles and no birds in sight ive been absolutely confused on this one. To my surprise, Best Buy exchanged it. DJI was cool and transferred my insurance over to the proper bird once i provided all the info. THE NEW ONE IS DOING THIS. i have trust issues so ive only made two flights, and both times i pretty much just hovered in one spot a few feet in the air, waiting for warnings. But just letting it warm up it will continue to repeat itself with the warnings, then disconnection. Needless to say im not flying this bird until i get this sorted out. Thankfully i still have my trusty old phantom in the meantime.
2019-1-13
Use props
AllDroneService
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138629 ft
United Kingdom

l also have seen this issue on my Mavic 2 zoom
2019-11-10
Use props
JR Natividad
New

Philippines

H0TR0D Posted at 2019-1-13 20:55
I just purchased a mavic zoom a few weeks ago. this will make my fourth DJI drone in 3 years.  I never had any major issues before, and never wrecked one. After a few successful flights with the new zoom in the span of a week, i decided to fly it over an old cabin roof to inspect for damage. Great signal & plenty of satellites, everything seemed normal. A few minutes into what seemed to be a smooth flight, i began to get warnings.  I removed thumbs immediately, drone was hovering perfectly about 20 feet above the center of the roof. As I read the screen and more warnings were popping up, I lost connection with drone that quick, screen went blank,  and thats when i almost simultaneously  heard the thump as it fell to the roof. Free of any obstacles and no birds in sight ive been absolutely confused on this one. To my surprise, Best Buy exchanged it. DJI was cool and transferred my insurance over to the proper bird once i provided all the info. THE NEW ONE IS DOING THIS. i have trust issues so ive only made two flights, and both times i pretty much just hovered in one spot a few feet in the air, waiting for warnings. But just letting it warm up it will continue to repeat itself with the warnings, then disconnection. Needless to say im not flying this bird until i get this sorted out. Thankfully i still have my trusty old phantom in the meantime. [view_image]

Goodday, just 6 hours ago my mavic zoom also crashed. I was only flying a kilometer away.. it said it was landing immediately  i was confident it would land but according to the witnesses the drone just dropped like a stone in the air . My drone broke its two arms hasselblad detached
2020-4-18
Use props
JR Natividad
New

Philippines

I gotta admit i did swap my zoom camera to a hasselblad but it doesn't change the fact that the zoom body drone did shot off mid air. When it definitely said landing my drone fell 80 meters if id knew it would do that i would have picked the grass even if its not that even but nver did i expect a dji drone would shut off like that. I want closure what happened dji? Tnx im willing to send wats needed flight records is here also.
2020-4-18
Use props
JR Natividad
New

Philippines

I gotta admit i did swap my zoom camera to a hasselblad but it doesn't change the fact that the zoom body drone did shot off mid air. When it definitely said landing my drone fell 80 meters if id knew it would do that i would have picked the grass even if its not that even but nver did i expect a dji drone would shut off like that. I want closure what happened dji? Tnx im willing to send wats needed flight records is here also.
2020-4-18
Use props
Delanera
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2802 ft
Brazil

Exact same issue here.
Also mavic air on iPhone X.
Having the same warnings frequently and the drone drift 1-2 meters on vertical. Making it have unsafe to flight it.
Usually after a battery chance without switching off the RC.

When this happened, it also acts strange on take off and landing. It does not turn off the motor after landing on my hand neither hover up after taking off from it.

It seems a common issue.
6E7B80D6-CE10-4776-9F93-4DEADC56BB9E.jpeg
9C67EAE9-25A8-4810-8C13-B351434B6622.jpeg
2021-4-21
Use props
djiuser_AaZp4djsjkOq
New
United Kingdom

Today was The first time I saw this message on my Mavic Pro 2; 15 minutes left on the battery, calibrated before takeoff, 50m up, 100m horizontal distance, no signal issues during the first half of the flight, I was in the middle of nature, no winds, no disruptions.

The message about using the secondary system (as per previous posts) suddenly appeared on the screen, a point at which I stopped manoeuvering it. I had complete visibility of it. At some point, the screen froze for a couple of seconds then recovered, saying something about the loss of signal. Then the screen flickered (turned black) for about two seconds. I looked at the device, and it was still in the air in the same position. Contrary to the previous posts, I cannot tell if it moved <5m, but broadly it was in the same place. As soon as the screen came back, the error message disappeared; I landed it turned it off and on again, and the message did not appear again.

DJI Customer Services, what do you advise me to do?
2021-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules