Battery Cell Error?
1349 4 2018-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msweat21
New
Flight distance : 151 ft
United States

Not sure if anyone can help. I have the DJI Standard which I purchased in November of 2017. I dont use it a ton. It is well stored and maintained. I received a battery cell error messaged with return to home. It has only been charged 15 times which you see in the 2nd picture so I am surprised about having issues already. I did online support with DJI but it wasnt very helpful. Trying to avoid buying another battery for $150...especially if they are no reliable. I can see if it had a ton of hours and usage but mine hasnt. I understand it was bought in 2016 but I wouldnt expect a battery to fail with such little usage. This is what I have tried:

1. Updating firmware
2. Discharging battery at 5%
3. Cleaning/inspecting connections
4. Contacted DJI through email but no reply.

Any other options other than buying a new battery?

cell error

cell error

battery levels

battery levels
2018-7-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Personally, I would charge it fully, then discharge to 5%, then charge it fully, then check it.  If cells are not balanced, I'd buy a new battery.  You can find them for under $100.  But I'd keep that battery but use it only for short flights - say eight-ten minutes or so.  MHO

Good luck
2018-7-23
Use props
msweat21
New
Flight distance : 151 ft
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-7-23 10:12
Personally, I would charge it fully, then discharge to 5%, then charge it fully, then check it.  If cells are not balanced, I'd buy a new battery.  You can find them for under $100.  But I'd keep that battery but use it only for short flights - say eight-ten minutes or so.  MHO

Good luck

I did try that 2-3 times. The light actually blinks after getting 3 green bars charged. Do you know a reliable/less expensive site to buy them on. I could see it doing this if I had a lot more charges on it but literally 15 doesnt seem like many....especially for one of the "best" drone companies out there.
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue. It seems to be that the battery is depleted that is why there is a battery cell error. I would suggest buying a new battery for your DJI Phantom 3 Standard for reliable and safe flight.
2018-7-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

msweat21 Posted at 2018-7-23 10:17
I did try that 2-3 times. The light actually blinks after getting 3 green bars charged. Do you know a reliable/less expensive site to buy them on. I could see it doing this if I had a lot more charges on it but literally 15 doesnt seem like many....especially for one of the "best" drone companies out there.

Not sure what you mean.  What light blinks?

You just have to keep your eyes open and be patient until you see a deal.  For example, woot had them for around $75 a few months ago, but they sold out quickly.  
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules