Vídeo lost with OTG.
1809 18 2018-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168727 ft

All,

It is common to lose the video signal in Spark, using OTG?
I thought using the OTG would bring stability as the main benefit of the video signal.
In my case, it happened twice. I lost the video signal between 200 and 400 m away.
I saw some videos on YouTube talking about sequence to connect AC, RC, iPad and then connect the cable. I have done this way, but I saw on another forum that with this new firmware version is no longer necessary to follow this sequence. I've done the FW update on both the AC and RC.
Any idea if I'm doing something wrong or if it could be a bad quality of my OTG cable?
I usually turn off the WI-FI on my iPad as well as the Bluetooth to avoid interference.

I appreciate the help.

2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having issues with your device. May we ask for the brand or make of your mobile device? Please see attached photo for the list of compatible devices. Thank you.

spark.PNG
2018-7-23
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-23 11:16
Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having issues with your device. May we ask for the brand or make of your mobile device? Please see attached photo for the list of compatible devices. Thank you.

Thanks for your prompt answer.
I’m using an iPad (new generation - 2018).

Thanks.
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Zed_Br Posted at 2018-7-23 14:28

Hi, I can see that you are using an IPad 2018 generation and it is a compatible device. Have you tried switching different cables? Turn off wifi and Bluetooth connection and put the phone on Airplane mode as well. Please let us know if you are still having issues. Thank you.
2018-7-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

If I did understand that right:

Just Android is, with 4.2.21 and new fw for RC and Spark, now fully OTG supported. Sorry ;-)
2018-7-26
Use props
Driel87
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265016 ft
Netherlands

Zed_Br Posted at 2018-7-23 14:28

I'm curious about your findings after the last tips from the DJI adminitrator. I'm having the same issues (on iphone 6) when 400 metres away. Havn't tried airplane mode yet, but i'll check it out.
2018-7-26
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-26 06:44
Hi, I can see that you are using an IPad 2018 generation and it is a compatible device. Have you tried switching different cables? Turn off wifi and Bluetooth connection and put the phone on Airplane mode as well. Please let us know if you are still having issues. Thank you.

I will fly tomorrow and try as you suggested.
Thanks.
2018-7-26
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

Driel87 Posted at 2018-7-26 08:38
I'm curious about your findings after the last tips from the DJI adminitrator. I'm having the same issues (on iphone 6) when 400 metres away. Havn't tried airplane mode yet, but i'll check it out.

I’ll fly tomorrow and try and let you know the result.
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Zed_Br Posted at 2018-7-26 12:14
I will fly tomorrow and try as you suggested.
Thanks.

Hi, I would suggest using an Android device as the OTG supported for Android devices only then check if you'll be getting the same result. Please keep us posted for further progress.
2018-7-26
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-26 12:24
Hi, I would suggest using an Android device as the OTG supported for Android devices only then check if you'll be getting the same result. Please keep us posted for further progress.

Thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately I don't have an Android device. Just Apple. Let me try the other suggestion and let you know the results. I usually don't fly far away, but when I did sometimes I lose the video when reaching around 400m using OTG.
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Zed_Br Posted at 2018-7-26 17:00
Thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately I don't have an Android device. Just Apple. Let me try the other suggestion and let you know the results. I usually don't fly far away, but when I did sometimes I lose the video when reaching around 400m using OTG.

Hi, sorry for the late response. I would suggest flying your aircraft in an open area and please avoid hazardous environment to prevent interruptions and incidents as well. Please check if your drone is getting enough GPS signal 18 or more is recommended, calibrating the IMU and compass would be helpful as well especially whenever you're about to fly in a different location. Kindly keep us posted for further progress. Thank you.
2018-7-28
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-28 02:17
Hi, sorry for the late response. I would suggest flying your aircraft in an open area and please avoid hazardous environment to prevent interruptions and incidents as well. Please check if your drone is getting enough GPS signal 18 or more is recommended, calibrating the IMU and compass would be helpful as well especially whenever you're about to fly in a different location. Kindly keep us posted for further progress. Thank you.

Hi,

I did another Test this last weekend, in an open area (countryside), in airplane mode, with none WiFi signal neither carriers signal, but I got the same result. When I reached around 360 m away from me, I started getting no video and once I lose entirely connection and my spark stared RTH.
In another discussion here in the DJI forum, some people said that this new FW supports OTG for Android devices only and I need to wait another new version that probably will support officially OTG on iOS. Is this true?
2018-7-31
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-28 02:17

Hi,

I did another Test this last weekend, in an open area (countryside), in airplane mode, with none WiFi signal neither carriers signal, but I got the same result. When I reached around 360 m away from me, I started getting no video and once I lose entirely connection and my spark stared RTH.
In another discussion here in the DJI forum, some people said that this new FW supports OTG for Android devices only and I need to wait another new version that probably will support officially OTG on iOS. Is this true?
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Zed_Br Posted at 2018-7-31 08:46
Hi,

I did another Test this last weekend, in an open area (countryside), in airplane mode, with none WiFi signal neither carriers signal, but I got the same result. When I reached around 360 m away from me, I started getting no video and once I lose entirely connection and my spark stared RTH.

Hi, thanks for the response, yes, that is correct OTG cable is supported on our spark for Android devices, however, as of the moment we haven't received any feedback if we will support OTG cable for iOS devices in future. I would recommend paying attention to our website for further updates, anyway, did you try to check if the antenna is in the right position? Please see the link below for reference.

2018-7-31
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Zed_Br Posted at 2018-7-31 08:45
Hi,

I did another Test this last weekend, in an open area (countryside), in airplane mode, with none WiFi signal neither carriers signal, but I got the same result. When I reached around 360 m away from me, I started getting no video and once I lose entirely connection and my spark stared RTH.

" I started getting no video and once I lose entirely connection and my spark stared RTH. "
Are you sure, your connection between RC and AC ist stabil and strong?
2018-7-31
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-31 09:09
Hi, thanks for the response, yes, that is correct OTG cable is supported on our spark for Android devices, however, as of the moment we haven't received any feedback if we will support OTG cable for iOS devices in future. I would recommend paying attention to our website for further updates, anyway, did you try to check if the antenna is in the right position? Please see the link below for reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the exact positioning of the antenas. I was lucky because I was using as informed in the tutorial.
2018-7-31
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-31 09:34
" I started getting no video and once I lose entirely connection and my spark stared RTH. "
Are you sure, your connection between RC and AC ist stabil and strong?

How I can be sure? Is there any info about it in the DJI GO 4 where I can check?
Everything was normal until I achieve more than 350 m.

Thanks.
2018-7-31
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Starting RTH is a loss of RC connection.
Look in the app, on the top, for the signal strength.
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Zed_Br Posted at 2018-7-31 19:13
How I can be sure? Is there any info about it in the DJI GO 4 where I can check?
Everything was normal until I achieve more than 350 m.

Hi, thanks for the response, glad to know that the video helps you out, however, I would like to clarify if the issue is still persisting? Please keep us posted for further help.
2018-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules