Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cameras being removed from Compatibility List
1788 22 2018-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TachLock
lvl.2
United States

The 6D has now (as of Thursday the 19th)  the Canon 6D has been completely removed from the compatibility list.  

I have posted issues in balancing and other challenges with no resolution and now I see that camera is completely removed from DJI's list - What gives DJI?  Do I have to go purchase a new camera now?
2018-7-23
Use props
fans1904ef8e
lvl.2

I just noticed this too.  This is not right DJI.  DJI are you listening?
2018-7-23
Use props
Richard Starnes
lvl.2

DJI is not listening.  I have cancelled my order for the Ronin-S. Perhaps in a year when they are actually shipping them and they have a responsible compatibility list I might consider buying a Ronin-S, but I doubt it. I have a pretty bad taste in my mouth right now. Very poor performance, from what used to be a good company.
2018-7-23
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Richard Starnes Posted at 2018-7-23 23:24
DJI is not listening.  I have cancelled my order for the Ronin-S. Perhaps in a year when they are actually shipping them and they have a responsible compatibility list I might consider buying a Ronin-S, but I doubt it. I have a pretty bad taste in my mouth right now. Very poor performance, from what used to be a good company.

Sorry but they've always been a terrible company where customer service and exaggerating pre-availability information are comncered. It seems to be a deliberate tactic to stop sales to any competition. Three years on and they STILL trot out the lame excuse of "Demand was higher than expected" on every product they ship.

See trustpilot.co.uk for reviews of the company which say it all.
2018-7-23
Use props
wingrove
lvl.2

Cameras? What other camera have they removed l?

Doubt any reason they took it off the list is due to inability to balance it! Ronin S should have zero issues with that camera, at least physically
2018-7-23
Use props
Richard Starnes
lvl.2

AngularIan Posted at 2018-7-23 23:42
Sorry but they've always been a terrible company where customer service and exaggerating pre-availability information are comncered. It seems to be a deliberate tactic to stop sales to any competition. Three years on and they STILL trot out the lame excuse of "Demand was higher than expected" on every product they ship.

See trustpilot.co.uk for reviews of the company which say it all.

Oh my, of 224 reviews, 88% were bad. Trust review
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the misleading by the list, Canon 6D should be on the list and it can be physically balanced and stabilized on the Ronin-S, we will inform the team to update the website.
TachLock, Roll axis should be balanced well as long as it is level, any chance to show us a short video about the jump issue for further support? Thank you in advance.
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Richard Starnes Posted at 2018-7-23 23:24

Richard, sorry for the unpleasant purchase experience with us, I see your own thread about the shipping issue, please note the estimated shipping date of your order is 15-20 business days, which would be 31st, July to 7th, August. Susan's reply was delayed because of the time difference, hope your kind understanding.
Canon 6D has been reported to our engineers to update the list, as you can see there is Canon 6D in the Chinese version list https://docs.djicdn.com/Products ... %E8%A1%A8+0719.pdf. We sincerely apologize for the mistake and the confusion caused. GTScreenshot_20180724_163421.png
2018-7-24
Use props
Richard Starnes
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-24 00:34
Richard, sorry for the unpleasant purchase experience with us, I see your own thread about the shipping issue, please note the estimated shipping date of your order is 15-20 business days, which would be 31st, July to 7th, August. Susan's reply was delayed because of the time difference, hope your kind understanding.
Canon 6D has been reported to our engineers to update the list, as you can see there is Canon 6D in the Chinese version list https://docs.djicdn.com/Products+info/%E5%A6%82%E5%BD%B1+S+%E7%9B%B8%E6%9C%BA%E5%85%BC%E5%AE%B9%E5%88%97%E8%A1%A8+0719.pdf. We sincerely apologize for the mistake and the confusion caused.[view_image]

We are beyond apologies. I just want my money back.
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Richard Starnes Posted at 2018-7-24 00:39
We are beyond apologies. I just want my money back.

We will inform the team to refund as soon as possible, hope you will get the refund very soon.
2018-7-24
Use props
thephilz
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-24 00:56
We will inform the team to refund as soon as possible, hope you will get the refund very soon.

What about those that ordered from B&H before all these cameras were removed from compatibility? Which was done 2 days after the 30 day return window closed with B&H.

It's just mind-boggling how disjointed this product is.

I still can't really use it for what I bought it for, based on initial, published compatibility lists from DJI. I can get cheaper, stabilization only, gimbals that are just as good for less. Zero reason to own a Ronin-S if the additional functions don't work.

Emails support has been going around in circles saying they can take it back but never do–
2018-7-24
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-24 00:22
Sorry for the misleading by the list, Canon 6D should be on the list and it can be physically balanced and stabilized on the Ronin-S, we will inform the team to update the website.
TachLock, Roll axis should be balanced well as long as it is level, any chance to show us a short video about the jump issue for further support? Thank you in advance.

This contradicts information given out by a DJI engineer on the Facebook owners group where he said it had been removed because it was not "officially" supported, but added that it should work.

2018-7-24
Use props
fans1904ef8e
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-24 00:34
Canon 6D has been reported to our engineers to update the list, as you can see there is Canon 6D in the Chinese version list https://docs.djicdn.com/Products+info/%E5%A6%82%E5%BD%B1+S+%E7%9B%B8%E6%9C%BA%E5%85%BC%E5%AE%B9%E5%88%97%E8%A1%A8+0719.pdf. We sincerely apologize for the mistake and the confusion caused.[view_image]

Its good that it is sort of on the list but this appears to only be the IR list, which really limits the reason to have this.

The original list had the similar capabilities as the current list for 6D MK 11 and 5D.  

Are the engineers going to work to get it so it works like orginaly stated?

I just hope it doesn't become its working so its good.
2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AngularIan Posted at 2018-7-24 23:08
This contradicts information given out by a DJI engineer on the Facebook owners group where he said it had been removed because it was not "officially" supported, but added that it should work.

Hi AngularIan, may I have the Facebook link or the screenshot of our engineer's reply? Thank you in advance.
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans1904ef8e Posted at 2018-7-25 14:42
Its good that it is sort of on the list but this appears to only be the IR list, which really limits the reason to have this.

The original list had the similar capabilities as the current list for 6D MK 11 and 5D.  

Our engineers are working on improving the stability of RSS-IR cable control and developing the USB shutter control, and more features are developed too, please pay attention to our website about the future release, thank you for your attention.
2018-7-27
Use props
thephilz
lvl.2
United States

@DJI Mindy
Again, see my last post on this thread–what about those that participated in the B&H Preorder?
2018-7-27
Use props
lenzwizard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314406 ft

I too am very disappointed with the Ronin S 6D compatibility issue. I too own a Canon 6D and when I received the Ronin and seen the pathetic IR cable I actually laughed. I just purchased a wonderful piece of camera gear that is not all it was advertised to be. The ornamental focus wheel... I removed it and use it as a paper weight on my desk. The gimal is a very nice piece of equipment and works great as far as gimbals go. However I was under the impression I was purchasing a gimbal that would be compatible with my camera, time lapses, motion lapses and focusing via the wheel. I can balance the 6D with no issues, but there is no compatibility, via RSS or with the app (motion/time lapse).
Then to read that the "6D is off the list, back on the list, on the Chinese list." While I like the Ronin S, I seriously will think twice about buying any further new products from DJI. After all "I did make a decision to buy this product based on the info at the time." Then the info changes and that is dirty pool on DJI's part. I'll wait and see how this all plays out before making my next move on this issue.
2018-7-28
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

lenzwizard Posted at 2018-7-28 19:29
I too am very disappointed with the Ronin S 6D compatibility issue. I too own a Canon 6D and when I received the Ronin and seen the pathetic IR cable I actually laughed. I just purchased a wonderful piece of camera gear that is not all it was advertised to be. The ornamental focus wheel... I removed it and use it as a paper weight on my desk. The gimal is a very nice piece of equipment and works great as far as gimbals go. However I was under the impression I was purchasing a gimbal that would be compatible with my camera, time lapses, motion lapses and focusing via the wheel. I can balance the 6D with no issues, but there is no compatibility, via RSS or with the app (motion/time lapse).
Then to read that the "6D is off the list, back on the list, on the Chinese list." While I like the Ronin S, I seriously will think twice about buying any further new products from DJI. After all "I did make a decision to buy this product based on the info at the time." Then the info changes and that is dirty pool on DJI's part. I'll wait and see how this all plays out before making my next move on this issue.

I really don't think you're missing anything. It's a nice idea but... I have a Canon 5D mark IV which IS supported and find the focus wheel is way too sensitive and seems laggy making it almost completely useless. It's WAY easier to just reach out and use the touch screen on the back of the Canon to refocus.  Hopefully a mechanical focus accessory will be announced soon (and by "soon" I'm guessing mid next year)
2018-8-16
Use props
lenzwizard
lvl.2

AngularIan Posted at 2018-8-16 04:37
I really don't think you're missing anything. It's a nice idea but... I have a Canon 5D mark IV which IS supported and find the focus wheel is way too sensitive and seems laggy making it almost completely useless. It's WAY easier to just reach out and use the touch screen on the back of the Canon to refocus.  Hopefully a mechanical focus accessory will be announced soon (and by "soon" I'm guessing mid next year)

Yes I have heard others saying that the wheel is not all that it is cracked up to be. As for external focusing hardware... I believe $400 focus motor is compatible, but not 100% sure. lol  
2018-8-16
Use props
CreativeSky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awwh... the arrows that we early adapters take!

This is a trend that is apparent in a lot of companies these days but REALLY stands out with DJI. Seems they release products that are not NEAR ready for release but the allure of the promise and praise on YouTube and other social media is just too hard to resist. Then comes the inability for the mother company to actually produce the product that it has promised us all.  At least with a Tesla (no I did not order one) you know it will be a year or months before you see it. How many times must this happen before they can better predict the units they will sell.

None of us had to buy this thing, we chose to.  If you are new to DJI, it would not take much research to find out that the odds that you will get it when they say is not good. Not defending them, just sayin'...consider the source and buyer beware. I am right there with you all.
2018-8-16
Use props
lenzwizard
lvl.2

CreativeSky Posted at 2018-8-16 15:55
Awwh... the arrows that we early adapters take!

This is a trend that is apparent in a lot of companies these days but REALLY stands out with DJI. Seems they release products that are not NEAR ready for release but the allure of the promise and praise on YouTube and other social media is just too hard to resist. Then comes the inability for the mother company to actually produce the product that it has promised us all.  At least with a Tesla (no I did not order one) you know it will be a year or months before you see it. How many times must this happen before they can better predict the units they will sell.

Very well said.  (100%) The Ronin S is my third DJI product, I own a Mavic Pro and I have a Osmo Mobile. With Mavic Pro the big let down was that the camera was no better than the camera in my phone, so it was a flying phone camera. The Osmo Mobile (version 1) works great but to find out I had to buy a $14 plastic base to mount it on a tripod was the most absurd design I have ever seen.

Back to the Ronin S... I really (seriously) think that advertising a list of cameras and changing the list after units have hit the market borders on fraud at some level or another. I would be interested to see what the Federal Trade Commission's take on this topic would be. I mean seriously many people purchased this unit because their camera "was" on the list. But as you stated "we didn't have to buy it."

The Ronin S is a good piece of hardware if you want steady camera action. But I the more I use it I would not call it anything better than "good."

I often wonder about other DJI products like the $8000 Master Wheels... Are they plagued with disappointments too?
2018-8-16
Use props
TachLock
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-24 00:22
Sorry for the misleading by the list, Canon 6D should be on the list and it can be physically balanced and stabilized on the Ronin-S, we will inform the team to update the website.

So - why hasn't the 6D been added back into the compatibility list?  It is still missing and I am very angry that I am unable to utilize the features of the gimble as advertised.
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TachLock Posted at 2018-10-10 07:36
So - why hasn't the 6D been added back into the compatibility list?  It is still missing and I am very angry that I am unable to utilize the features of the gimble as advertised.

Hi Tach, Canon 6D can be physically balanced but some control features may not available, sorry for the inconvenience caused, our engineers will keep testing and updating our compatible list, thank you.
2018-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules