Questions about live and in-field post flight viewing
683 3 2015-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
saroftreve
New

United States

Good day:

I have recently purchased a P2v3.0 quad for particular remote field needs, and hope someone can help me with a couple of basic things.  My application involves live viewing over a large area from altitude, taking some elevated and lower still shots, and reviewing those stills in full-format detail... possiblly then returning to that location for more low elevation shots.  I will be limited in terms of the equipment I can carry with me, and hope to avoid a laptop.  I have two questions:

1 - Is it possible to receive live feed from the quad on two devices simultaneously?  In an ideal world, I'd like to pilot while viewing on my cell (Kyocera Torque, on which the Vision app loaded but can't control camera functions but the Ultimate Flight app is fully functional) _while_ a colleague views and operates the camera from a tablet and references a hardcopy map.  If I cannot connect two devices at once, I will have to fly looking over their shoulder.

2 - What is the best method to move pictures from the Phantom to an Android tablet (Samsung 2 7", I think it is)?  Can pictures be transfered directly over the range extender's network?  Does one use a micro SD reader that plugs in to the mini USB on the tablet?

Thanks to anyone who can help!
Paul

2015-5-22
Use props
Kengineer
lvl.2

United States

I have a really cheap ($75.00) tablet from tiger direct that has a mini SD card slot. If you retrieve the bird and take out the card, you could insert it into the android tablet and view it. Pretty smooth for me. It is a 10" tablet. I use it for the camera while flying and view the result from the card after landing.

Is that what you were looking for?
2015-5-23
Use props
saroftreve
New

United States

Kengineer Posted at 2015-5-24 05:27
I have a really cheap ($75.00) tablet from tiger direct that has a mini SD card slot. If you retriev ...

That is exactly the sort of thing I am after, and would do if necessary, thank you!  I hope to find a solution using my current tablet... while it's not special, it does have software on it that I cannot install elsewhere.  I appreciate your reply.
2015-5-23
Use props
trrdesign
lvl.2

United States

You can just transfer the photos from the phantom card album to what ever device you are using.
There are also mirroring apps that let you send your screen to another screen, but only one device can actually be hooked to the phantom at lone time.
2015-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules