Gimbal Overload
1241 10 2018-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans17a31adc
New

I own a DJI mavic pro, I have never crashed it. Have about 40 flights, owned it less than a year. I keep getting a gimbal overload warning and the Drone does not take off and the gimbal is moving on it’s own back-and-forth. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue? Thank you
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, may I know when did you encounter this issue? did you manage to calibrate the gimbal? If yes, I would suggest downloading the DJI Assistant 2 then restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft afterward reboot your unit and check if the issue will persist, however, if the troubleshooting won't work I strongly advise to sending the unit to our repair facility.  Please see the link below for you to download the application.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

2018-7-23
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

When is the last time you did a gimbal calibration?  What I would suggest is doing a IMU Calibration and then a Gimbal calibration and see if it fixes it.  Also are you using a filter of any kind?  
2018-7-23
Use props
fans17a31adc
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-23 17:00
Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, may I know when did you encounter this issue? did you manage to calibrate the gimbal? If yes, I would suggest downloading the DJI Assistant 2 then restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft afterward reboot your unit and check if the issue will persist, however, if the troubleshooting won't work I strongly advise to sending the unit to our repair facility.  Please see the link below for you to download the application.

Hello, it started about two months ago when I was trying to shoot at an event. I didn’t think much of it and didn’t use the drone for a few weeks. I then tried again about a week ago and the same thing occurred. I will try and calibrate and reset to factory. Thank You
2018-7-23
Use props
fans17a31adc
New

United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-23 17:20
When is the last time you did a gimbal calibration?  What I would suggest is doing a IMU Calibration and then a Gimbal calibration and see if it fixes it.  Also are you using a filter of any kind?

Thank you for that information, I will do what you suggested because I have not. And it does have an ND filter on the camera.
2018-7-23
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

fans17a31adc Posted at 2018-7-23 19:53
Thank you for that information, I will do what you suggested because I have not. And it does have an ND filter on the camera.

What is the brand of the filter?  Take it off and see if error persists.  If no error then the filter is issue.  
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans17a31adc Posted at 2018-7-23 19:51
Hello, it started about two months ago when I was trying to shoot at an event. I didn’t think much of it and didn’t use the drone for a few weeks. I then tried again about a week ago and the same thing occurred. I will try and calibrate and reset to factory. Thank You

Hi, sorry for the late response, may I know what ND filter are you using with your Mavic Pro? would you mind removing it and re-calibrate the gimbal? Is this the first time that you encountered this issue while using the ND filter?
2018-7-24
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Has DJI adressed all the Gimbal issues of the past ? On Youtube I see videos about a year old of Gimbal problems but not many recent so I  was wondering if most of these have been eliminated with firmware updates ?   
2018-7-24
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Vietnam

you have a ND filter, quietly hide this fact and complain about the problems with the gimbal suspension ... Glitter!
1. Return to the original state - remove everything that hung on your Mavik
2. Calibrate the gimbal suspension.
3. Enjoy the flight!
2018-7-24
Use props
steve1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-23 17:00

Hi TonyI  bought my mavic platinum pro 2-15- 18
I should be covered  with factory warranty for this gimbal overload problem I have correct?
If  technician  says   I did not  download  all the software or  missed a firmware upgrade to fix the gimbal overload  Error code .
Does the warranty still cover the fix of the gimbal overload I’ve only owned it six months .
No modifications no crashes all the firmware everything is updated so frustrating .
Camera very erratic moving nothing left to do.  Camera very erratic moving nothing left to do.

2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

steve1776 Posted at 2018-8-16 05:15
Hi TonyI  bought my mavic platinum pro 2-15- 18
I should be covered  with factory warranty for this gimbal overload problem I have correct?
If  technician  says   I did not  download  all the software or  missed a firmware upgrade to fix the gimbal overload  Error code .

Hi, sorry for what you've experienced with your drone. I would like to ask if you manage to do some troubleshooting? if not, I would recommend doing troubleshooting first before we send the unit to our facility. The warranty will depend on the result of evaluations of our engineers, however, we do have a specific warranty period on the parts of the Mavic Pro. Please see the details below.

https://www.dji.com/service/policy
2018-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules