with instant stability after hard manouvers
I am afraid to take a big flight for fear of another crash
Cheers Ross

2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Firstly, we are very sorry to hear about the crash incident. Kindly contact our support team to start up a case using this link: (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav). We have the professional data analysis team who would do their best to find out the crash reason and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Thank you for your support.
2018-7-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Do you have any accessories on it other than the blade guards?  How windy was it that day?  

If you want to give us a better chance to figure this out for you, upload the log to this site and then post the url here:  http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

site credit:  msinger
2018-7-24
Use props
longdong
lvl.1

Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-7-24 02:47
Do you have any accessories on it other than the blade guards?  How windy was it that day?  

If you want to give us a better chance to figure this out for you, upload the log to this site and then post the url here:  http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

zero wind  9AM  temp  18 c    after crash still 50% batt left

I even did 2 more 3min approx closer flights strait after the crash no issues

no buttons or any thing was touched after return home

I was just watching all was good then it just went crazy

no video as I was taking pics
I am gutted because I don't know how to prevent this again
and have lost confidence in flights over 20 meters
2018-7-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Please post the log via the link above
2018-7-24
Use props
amxedout
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38153 ft

longdong Posted at 2018-7-24 03:19
zero wind  9AM  temp  18 c    after crash still 50% batt left

I even did 2 more 3min approx closer flights strait after the crash no issues

The drone technology is still buggy which unfortunately can be expensive that's why I no longer buy the expensive drones.
2018-7-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

amxedout Posted at 2018-7-25 17:42
The drone technology is still buggy which unfortunately can be expensive that's why I no longer buy the expensive drones.

You need to delve a bit deeper.

Sounds like your understanding of all things DJI is still inadequate, to make proper judgment statements.

Flying cheaper toy like drones is fun, and can teach you how to actually fly. Which DJI drones do not.
Drones that hover when you release the RC sticks is much like kids stuff...

This hovering ability, gives us plenty of time to adjust camera, take pics and or choose our photo subjects and video scenery.

RedHotPoker
2018-7-25
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

I agree with RedHotPoker and i personally use a XinLin166 X6 for flight experience. It does not have any flight helper at all. This copter is nearly as heavy as the Phantom3.  Can you land that copter without any crash and on the point of take off?  
You may use a good ear for hearing anything abnormal on machines .  "Example: You buy a computer and i too exactly the same model. I got luck and the computer runs without any hatches and you must return it to repair or refund warranty after 2 weeks. "
2018-7-25
Use props
fans5fc2f1ce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228776 ft

take drone apart make sure all the soldered contact points for the motor haven't come loose. ive had my drone for 2 years with no issues.you must read the manual to make sure your calibrating imu,compass,camera,gimbal etc before taking off.
2018-8-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans5fc2f1ce Posted at 2018-8-22 12:08
take drone apart make sure all the soldered contact points for the motor haven't come loose. ive had my drone for 2 years with no issues.you must read the manual to make sure your calibrating imu,compass,camera,gimbal etc before taking off.

Don't mess around with recalibrating anything before flying.
There is absolutely no need to.
2018-8-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans5fc2f1ce Posted at 2018-8-22 12:08

That is very bad advice on almost every level.
2018-8-22
Use props
fans5fc2f1ce
lvl.2

well my drone is flying flawlessly so yeah ok maybe he should take your advice lol
2018-8-22
Use props
fans5fc2f1ce
lvl.2

labroides didnt you tell me theres no such thing as a homepoint jumping? you have no clue on the advice your giving.
2018-8-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans5fc2f1ce Posted at 2018-8-22 16:42
labroides didnt you tell me theres no such thing as a homepoint jumping? you have no clue on the advice your giving.

You're the genius that warned everyone else about your homepoint changing but never provided any evidence to demonstrate back at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=153918&pid=1524830

I read your update and it shows what an idiot you were and my post #7 there explained it completely.
But if you are such a hotshot that you think you know better than me, go ahead and show your flight data to prove it.
The instructions are there in that post:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=153918&pid=1423882

Show the data and if it is as you say, I'll apologise but until then I'll stick with my opinion that you are an idiot and have no idea of anything.
There's no way anyone should be taking advice from you.

2018-8-22
Use props
rubyduby
lvl.2

https://app.airdata.com/share/wcdTwH
2018-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules