Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-s not found by Ronin Assistant running on Android
5419 8 2018-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_mmSeFOGrmb0H
lvl.1
Canada

Just got the Ronin-s balanced and charged but for the life of me I can't get the Ronin Assistant app on my Android phone to detect the ronin-s after turning it on. I get the "No DJI Bluetooth devices have been found" message after it scans for a few seconds. If I go into my phone's bluetooth settings, I can see that the ronin-s shows up as a bluetooth device but the app won't have any of it.
Any help would be super appreciated.

Thanks very much!
2018-7-24
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

What device are you using?
My Oneplus 3T has the same problem. Shows up in bluetooth settings, but not found by the app.
2018-7-24
Use props
Caine
lvl.1
Canada

It turns out we should not be using the "Ronin Assistant" app but the "Ronin" app by DJI. This is the Play Store link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dji.ronin

I was able to connect and activate my ronin-s using that. Does that work for you?
2018-7-24
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Norway

Caine Posted at 2018-7-24 05:45
It turns out we should not be using the "Ronin Assistant" app but the "Ronin" app by DJI. This is the Play Store link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dji.ronin

This is the app i have been trying.
2018-7-24
Use props
Caine
lvl.1
Canada

I am using a Sony XA2. Once I updated the Ronin-s firmware using my computer then switched to the Ronin app it started working for me. Are you on the newest Ronin firmware yet?
2018-7-24
Use props
pahlito
New
Flight distance : 98104 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Apparently location in my Android phone has to be turned on for the Ronin app to find the gimbal. Either this wasn't mentioned anywhere or I totally missed it, but that did the trick for me.
2018-7-26
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Norway

pahlito Posted at 2018-7-26 12:43
Apparently location in my Android phone has to be turned on for the Ronin app to find the gimbal. Either this wasn't mentioned anywhere or I totally missed it, but that did the trick for me.

Worked for me to. A strange bug if you ask me.
2018-7-26
Use props
Caine
lvl.1
Canada

I always have location services on. I don't even remember the app asking for permission for location services so it really does seem a very strange bug. Have you tested turning off location services to see if it fails again? Either way, thanks for all the help and conversation around this. How did you determine that it was location services?
2018-7-26
Use props
Praveen India
New

India

Guys, Try using DJI Ronin app and not DJI Ronin Assistant app.  I had this problem too. All good for me now.
2021-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules