IOSD MarkII Causing Crashes
749 3 2018-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansddc39806
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1699 ft
United States

I have crashed 2 DJI S-1000 drones during missions and both were when the UAV hits waypoint "0", the UAV will take off and begin fly-away. Here is how I know the IOSD is the cause of the failure. The UAV flew-away and destroyed the craft. I purchased a new airframe and new A2 controller. I reused the IOSD. 3 months later I had another crash and the exact same senario happed. Waypoint "0" and craft flew away. I deployed the chute and saved most of the craft. When I looked at the log file the latitude and longitude jumped from my current position to a home point that was set long after I had replaced the UAV and the A2 flight controller. The only information that my new UAV had about the Home Point 7 months previously, was that it acquired that information from the IOSD. There is no way that the iOSD inserted a log at the exact location of a previous Home Point 500 miles away at random.

My question? Since you can't delete FLY.DAT files from the OSD, should I replace the Micso SD card before flights? How can I clean the iOSD information before every flight?
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, we're sorry to read your post. It is recommended to contact our support via support.us@dji.com, the designated team will guide you the further steps.
2018-7-25
Use props
fansddc39806
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1699 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-25 04:16
Sir, we're sorry to read your post. It is recommended to contact our support via , the designated team will guide you the further steps.

Thank you DJI Susan,
We did hear back from support and their answer was as follows:
We have received a feedback from our engineers and they give us a tip to prevent this kind of happening.

1. Try to short out or short circuit the F1 & F2 of A2 flight controller (A2 connects with iOSD)
   Simply connect the F1 to F2 directly and power on the copter, after 10 seconds, you can reboot.
2. Check the homepoint before each flight
3. If you want t to clear the flight log, you can do it in Assistant.

This explanation does not help. I have not seen in the DJI manual whereas this is a routine procedure perflight. To date we have lost 2 S-1000 UAV's and 1 S-900. We are sorry, we have lost faith that our DJI products will return home after we begin a flight. We can't conduct our business with that volume of risk. We will continue our testing of the Pixhawk flight controller. We love your air frames but we cannot count on DJI programming and flight controllers.
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansddc39806 Posted at 2018-8-1 08:55
Thank you DJI Susan,
We did hear back from support and their answer was as follows:
We have received a feedback from our engineers and they give us a tip to prevent this kind of happening.

May I have the ticket number or email address when you contacted our support? We'd like to check the exact status.
2018-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules