Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bluetooth is dead (Ronin-S) and more issues
16180 34 2018-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChristianKruse
lvl.1
Germany

Hi fellow Ronin-S users.

I received the Ronin-S today. Did everything by the book. Ronin-S connect on iPhone 8+ to latest version of the "Ronin App" - all good.

Then one restart and BLUETOOTH is NOT DETECTABLE anymore. No connection. 100 restarts. Nothing.

Tried to upgrade via USB-C to macbook.

1. If the battery grip is attached macbook will kill the connection due to "usb device pulling to much power"
2. If battery grip detached Ronin-S shows up in Ronin Assistant, downloads firmare and running update until last moment when
3. Update stops prompting in red: "BLUETOOTH device not connected"
4. Telling me I should do restart. I have done 100+ of them.

Tried to downgrade, tried to upgrade..

At this point I´m pretty tired and pi...ed with this thing.

Any idea how to perform a HARDWARE RESET, REBOOT the BLUETOOTH modul or anything like that?

Thank you.
Any pointers come highly appreciated.

CK
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Christian, we're sorry to read your post. Just to verify, does the issue appear when you received the unit? Is the Bluetooth visible on your phone?
2018-7-25
Use props
ChristianKruse
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-25 03:48
Hi Christian, we're sorry to read your post. Just to verify, does the issue appear when you received the unit? Is the Bluetooth visible on your phone?

Hi Susan,
the issue appeard as I was basicaly unpacking the unit yesterday.

I managed to pair the Ronin-S once and even register it with you online. Then it stopped working before I could perform a firmware update.

I managed to do updates to the latest V3, but at 100% it just states "failure" and something about "bluetooth device is not connected".

I guess the bluetooth module is dead. It wont show on MAC, WINDOWS or iPhones (8+ 6+).

2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ChristianKruse Posted at 2018-7-25 03:58
Hi Susan,
the issue appeard as I was basicaly unpacking the unit yesterday.

We sincerely apologize for this. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may start a case and send it in from here: https://www.dji.com/support The local team will take care once the package arrived.
2018-7-26
Use props
fanse755f77c
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Same issue here. Have had the Ronin-S for about a month and I only get it to connect to my phone around 30% of the time, as in, if it doesn't connect, no matter how many restarts, it won't activate Bluetooth. It works just frequently enough for me not to be able to justify sending it in and to not be able to use it commercially for a week. Annoying.
2018-8-31
Use props
deniel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105902 ft
  • >>>
Italy

fanse755f77c Posted at 2018-8-31 04:31
Same issue here. Have had the Ronin-S for about a month and I only get it to connect to my phone around 30% of the time, as in, if it doesn't connect, no matter how many restarts, it won't activate Bluetooth. It works just frequently enough for me not to be able to justify sending it in and to not be able to use it commercially for a week. Annoying.

Even to me this defect a few times ... I solved by physically removing the battery then turning it back on and it works again ... anyway the software has some problems because it does so from time to time but I do not think yours is damaged.

sorry i use traslator
2018-8-31
Use props
FAURE
lvl.1

France

i have the same Problem with my ronin S buyed a week ago : no connections bluetooth
2018-9-17
Use props
dpfranz
New

Yep. This product is a large lump of offal. I'm trying to determine any difference at all between the grip, and a piece of wood. When I first turned on the app, it saw the grip in bluetooth. Pushed connect.
Fail. The app and my phone now cannot see the grip at all, no matter how many restarts. Holding M and the trigger does....are you ready for it? NOTHING. Joystick does...nothing. What is the button to the right of the focus knob? One would think the "manual" would have some indication of what it does. Nope. Just a red blinking light next to a button that does...nothing. All I want is my money back. There is a process that comes before release in the software development cycle. It's called "Test." It was not implemented here.

Has anyone been able to make this gimbal do anything...at all...? How about the "auto balance" described in the manual...hold down M and the trigger for 4 seconds? Any effect at all for anyone?

I wish I had just taken my $600 and ground it up in my tuna fish. NEVER will I buy another product from this company.
2018-10-9
Use props
fans3d363332
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2031280 ft
United States

2018-10-26
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

Why don't the various issues with this gimbal get reported by the Youtube test guys? All they ever have to say about the thing is how fantastic it is.
2018-10-27
Use props
JanHenning
New
Flight distance : 1382736 ft
Norway

I had issues with this while my Sony A7 was connected to the Ronin S by USB. The A7 was set to PC remote. I changed to IR cable and the problem was gone.
2018-11-8
Use props
Joshua3488
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2031280 ft
United States

I was able to connect to Mac Pro (different computer)  using the same USB, but still unable to connect to Macbook Pro and continue to get the same message above.  Both systems are fully updated but I can'f figure the different results.
2018-11-8
Use props
JanHenning
New
Flight distance : 1382736 ft
Norway

Joshua3488 Posted at 11-8 10:09
I was able to connect to Mac Pro (different computer)  using the same USB, but still unable to connect to Macbook Pro and continue to get the same message above.  Both systems are fully updated but I can'f figure the different results.

Did you have your camera connected to the Ronin RSS port while you experienced these problems? Then I would try without the camera cable, and see if that helps.
2018-11-8
Use props
fansec9ade04
New

Singapore

There's no blue tooth connection only wifi / internet...
2018-11-24
Use props
Antonio Valverde
New

United States

I’ve had the Ronin S for less than 24 hours.  Spent so much time reviewing and looking at opinions online and went ahead and bought a unit. Within 24 hours the unit does not work anymor, device will connect regardless of anything else I do. All the similar issues that everyone is claiming.  This is absolutely unacceptable. I had a big shoot this weekend of which I was unable to utilize the equipment I bought and had to film everything on a brand new iPhone just to keep somewhat of my dignity. #FAIL
2018-12-9
Use props
djiuser_tyzNueYeO6VA
New

Portugal

Try connect the One plus 6t on the app wiht dji ronin and dont work!!!
2018-12-15
Use props
hubhubhurra
New
Germany

I had a similar problem. Couldn’t connect my android phone via Bluetooth to ronin s. Tried everything. Even called the dji support. No solution found.
What saved my life: I set my phone to flight mode - and taaadaaaaa - the app was able to connect with the ronin s and everything is working fine now.
2018-12-23
Use props
Librebowski
lvl.3
United States

hubhubhurra Posted at 2018-12-23 03:23
I had a similar problem. Couldn’t connect my android phone via Bluetooth to ronin s. Tried everything. Even called the dji support. No solution found.
What saved my life: I set my phone to flight mode - and taaadaaaaa - the app was able to connect with the ronin s and everything is working fine now.

You must have misunderstood the OP, the problem we are having is NOT solved by toggling airplane mode. Any update from DJI on a solution? or is this going to be like the card read error problem all over again.   Still, no solution is not good news for us DJI customers...
2019-1-15
Use props
Yuriy Chernyak
New

Australia

I can't connect via Bluetooth to my DJI Ronin S.Bluetooth it ON and my mobile show it paired with gimbal.I tried do step by step after I had setup my camera.Switched ON a battery after it Switched ON power button.But green light in mode 1 is not blinking but just light and that's it.I can change from one to three.Joystik it working.But DJI Ronin S can't find gimbal.Also I tried restart my mobile few times.Tried disconnect battery on gimbal and connect it again.And still nothing.What's wrong with this software?I just get this Ronin week ago and not used it till today. p.s.All needed function they turned on
2019-1-18
Use props
lionel bernier
New
France

Hello,
I just found a solution to have the bluetooth connection between the ronin-s and the application on android:
first of all do not download the application on Play Store because the version is V1.1.0 and does not work!
Go to dji.com/ronin-s/info and download in the RONIN-S DOWNLOADS part the Android version (with a little green robot) "Android Version v1.1.2."
On Galaxie 8 it works nickel and on Huawei p8 during the connection it is necessary to restart 2 times in a row the connection for it to work.
I hope to bring you a solution.
Lionel (FRANCE)
2019-2-20
Use props
John Phelan
lvl.1
Ireland

Worked perfectly yesterday, now no bluetooth and this is my second Ronin S as there was another fault with the first one I bought. I mean  For F**k sake, this is turning into a nightmare.
2019-6-7
Use props
John Phelan
lvl.1
Ireland

John Phelan Posted at 6-7 03:07
Worked perfectly yesterday, now no bluetooth and this is my second Ronin S as there was another fault with the first one I bought. I mean  For F**k sake, this is turning into a nightmare.

OK turned off bluetooth on my Mac, fully recharged grip, made sure bluetooth was on on my iPhone. It now connects every time.
2019-6-7
Use props
Lukas Strautins
New

Australia

lionel bernier Posted at 2-20 11:31
Hello,
I just found a solution to have the bluetooth connection between the ronin-s and the application on android:
first of all do not download the application on Play Store because the version is V1.1.0 and does not work!

This totally worked for me for my Samsung Galaxy S5! Thank you!
2019-7-26
Use props
djiuser_rphfr48b4Ln4
New

djiuser_tyzNueYeO6VA Posted at 2018-12-15 12:16
Try connect the One plus 6t on the app wiht dji ronin and dont work!!!

Hello
I have the same problem with my OnePlus.
Did you find a solution ?
Thanks for you help and time ;)
2019-10-14
Use props
erayacik
lvl.1

Help me please motor errorHelp me please motor error:  https://youtu.be/CxTneV_mKHc
2019-10-15
Use props
erayacik
lvl.1

Bluetooth error help me please
2019-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

erayacik Posted at 10-15 00:49
[view_image] Bluetooth error help me please

Sorry to read the issue. We'll check with our engineers and come back later.
2019-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

erayacik Posted at 10-15 00:49

Hi there, just to verify, does the issue appear after the firmware update? If yes, is the firmware update successful? You may try to update the firmware again and see whether the mobile device and gimbal can be connected properly. If the issue remains, we're sorry that you may start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/service/repair thanks!
2019-10-16
Use props
erayacik
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Susan Posted at 10-16 04:58
Hi there, just to verify, does the issue appear after the firmware update? If yes, is the firmware update successful? You may try to update the firmware again and see whether the mobile device and gimbal can be connected properly. If the issue remains, we're sorry that you may start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/service/repair thanks!

Hi Susan,
- Ronin SC did not update.

- There is no connection with “DJI Assistant” and “DJI Assistant 2” in operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac. Programs have not defined Ronin SC.

- Ronin mobile APP  can not provide the connection I have tried on many phones and tablets.
(Samsung Huawei, Iphone7, Iphone8 Ipad)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxTneV_mKHc
2019-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

erayacik Posted at 10-17 04:29
Hi Susan,
- Ronin SC did not update.

Thanks for the clarification. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may refer to the above and send it in for diagnosis, sorry about that.
2019-10-17
Use props
Yiliayoung
lvl.3

China

As an iPhone user, I also met Bluetooth issue during my use. But, luckily, such kind of problem can be solved by using common solutions.
From my experience, disable and enable Bluetooth, forget all paired Bluetooth and connect again, reset network settings, etc.
We can also fix ios issues on Win in case there are software-related bugs or glitches.

More: How to Fix iPhone/iPad Bluetooth Not Working
2020-1-11
Use props
sam shanmugam
New

India

erayacik Posted at 2019-10-15 00:49

i m also facing the same issue on my ronin s. how to solve this problem
2020-6-15
Use props
sam shanmugam
New

India

erayacik Posted at 2019-10-15 00:49

continuesly press m button.after i did this then ronin s connected
my phone
2020-6-15
Use props
2lFWoW50wa0c
lvl.2
Ireland

hubhubhurra Posted at 2018-12-23 03:23

I could no get it to connect either until I read your post, by switching on Airplane mode and Bluetooth everything is now working.

When I received my Ronin   it connected no problem the first few times ?????
2020-7-3
Use props
djiuser_clBdRoRAwEt6
New

Kenya

Hi guys my ronin rsc2 Bluetooth is not working why might be the problem? Have tried reinstalling the app and restarted it but still not working
2021-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules