1292 11 2018-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Driel87
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265016 ft
Netherlands

Hi all,

Today i've tested the gesture modes. To be honest; i was quite dissapointed. Although it is an 'extra' in terms of using the drone, i wasn't able to ''wave' the drone away beacause it was having trouble reading my palm.

Anyone having the same issues or tips?
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. I'm sorry for the inconvenienced that this caused you. Please refer to this link for a video tutorial on Gesture mode. Thank you.

2018-7-24
Use props
Driel87
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-24 11:46
Hi. I'm sorry for the inconvenienced that this caused you. Please refer to this link for a video tutorial on Gesture mode. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeTXGkkox_E

Thanks for the tutorial. I was already familiar with the controls, but the Spark seems to have trouble following my palm and looses track.
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Driel87 Posted at 2018-7-24 11:51
Thanks for the tutorial. I was already familiar with the controls, but the Spark seems to have trouble following my palm and looses track.

Are you trying to do this outside with no interference in the area?
2018-7-24
Use props
Driel87
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-24 11:58
Are you trying to do this outside with no interference in the area?

yes, outside. Plenty of space around
2018-7-24
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

Same results for me.
Take off was about the only thing that worked consistently.  Following the palm worked so-so.  Never have gotten it to take a 'selfie'.  Never have gotten it to fly away or come to.
Pretty much a worthless mode to me.  Luckily I didn't choose a Spark because of that.
2018-7-24
Use props
Driel87
lvl.3
Netherlands

AC5FF Posted at 2018-7-24 12:05
Same results for me.
Take off was about the only thing that worked consistently.  Following the palm worked so-so.  Never have gotten it to take a 'selfie'.  Never have gotten it to fly away or come to.
Pretty much a worthless mode to me.  Luckily I didn't choose a Spark because of that.

Totally feel the same. But kinda annoying that i can't use the full potential. No reaal big deal though, but i was just woundering if anyone had tips or so.
2018-7-24
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

Yep, take off, and palm landing is about it usefull wife.  I can make it track my hand back and forth...  eeewwwwww but that's it never goes away or comes back or takes a pic.  I can see my self using palm launch on the boat but after that its all normal... I do however hit the land button when I am right beside it, and let it land in my hand that way.  but that's not palm landing really it just thinks my hand is the ground.
2018-7-24
Use props
Driel87
lvl.3
Netherlands

Mittens Posted at 2018-7-24 12:36
Yep, take off, and palm landing is about it usefull wife.  I can make it track my hand back and forth...  eeewwwwww but that's it never goes away or comes back or takes a pic.  I can see my self using palm launch on the boat but after that its all normal... I do however hit the land button when I am right beside it, and let it land in my hand that way.  but that's not palm landing really it just thinks my hand is the ground.

good to know that i'm not the only one lol
2018-7-24
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gesture mode in the Spark isn’t great, but it’s actually quite good in the MA.
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Driel87 Posted at 2018-7-24 11:59
yes, outside. Plenty of space around

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. You may try to refresh the firmware of the aircraft using DJI Assistant 2.
2018-7-25
Use props
Bender1031
lvl.4
Flight distance : 209938 ft
United States

I still haven't used any of those gesture modes and I don't see myself using them.  Maybe the palm launch and land?  That's not really why I got the Spark
2018-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules