IMU heading exceptions..- Drone Flyaway, (lost)
858 9 2018-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronerteam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 571909 ft

Hello,
I am the person responsible for the droneteam (2 x Inspire2) of  the Greek Puplic Television "ERT".
Today we faced an akward incident. The Inspire 2 suddenly lost the contact with the remote controller after the following errors and flewaway LOST!!!!
Errors:
1. Weak GPS signal
2. Warning Compass error. Exit P-GPS mode.
3. Warning in flight, working IMU counters heading exceptions, please switch to ATTI mode if aircraft behaves abnormally.
4. Warning weak GPS signal. Positional accuracy may be compromised, fly with caution.
5. Warning cannot switch flight mode. Turn on multiplr fly modes to enable ATTI & Sport mode.
6. Warning: abnormal compass function or GPS signal detected. Switch to ATTi mode. Aircraft switched to ATTI mode.
The operator did everything to establish connection but nothing happened. The RTH fuction never worked!! Inspire 2 is LOST!!
This Inspire 2 had a problem (s/n: 09YDE150041834) since the first flight. (See my other thread "Cannot take off- Invalid serial number").
It was sent to Germany for repair with 0 zero flight time. Since it came back, it has very littlte flight time and today we had a "flyaway". It is still under warranty.
We have another Inpire 2 and we never faced problems like the above mentioned!!
My organization is claiming for a replacement!!.
(Flight records and fact video available)
Thank you.
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the lost drone, I strongly advise syncing the flight records using your DJI GO 4 app and contact our support for our team to conduct some investigation in regards to the scenario and identified what happens on your aircraft.  Once our team has done with this investigation, the will provide an appropriate resolution for this scenario. Please see the link below for you to contact our team.

www.dji.com/service
2018-7-24
Use props
Dronerteam
lvl.2
Greece

Thank you DJI Tony,
Flight recs are allready synchronized.
I wiil contact also the service team
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dronerteam Posted at 2018-7-24 23:14
Thank you DJI Tony,
Flight recs are allready synchronized.
I wiil contact also the service team

You are welcome. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here all the time.
2018-7-25
Use props
Dronerteam
lvl.2
Greece

Hello DJI Susan,
I have sent email to the link that DJI Tony suggested but I haven't any reply so far that they've received it or the flight recs are available to them for investigation.
I also cannot see my thread in the forum.
Could I have a contact name or a case number because I get a lot of presure from my superiors in the TV Channel (ERT is the public TV for Greece).
Thank you
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dronerteam Posted at 2018-7-26 03:00
Hello DJI Susan,
I have sent email to the link that DJI Tony suggested but I haven't any reply so far that they've received it or the flight recs are available to them for investigation.
I also cannot see my thread in the forum.

Hi Dronerteam, may I have your email account which you are used to contact our support? I didn't find anything via your Forum account, thanks.
Your thread is fine, what do you mean you cannot see it?  More details would be appreciated.
2018-7-26
Use props
Dronerteam
lvl.2
Greece

Goodmorning DJI Mindy,
I use 2 coprorate emails,
1. dronerteam@ert.gr
2. kmarkatis@ert.gr (last thread used)
Yesterday I could not see my thread in the list. Maybe my mistake but i think everything is ok because i got response from the support team.
Thank you
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dronerteam Posted at 2018-7-26 23:33
Goodmorning DJI Mindy,
I use 2 coprorate emails,

Thanks for the email info, yes, there is one email record with your second email account and our support team has replied for more info, please provide to them for further assistance, thanks.
2018-7-27
Use props
Dronerteam
lvl.2
Greece

I have allready complete the procedure.
Thank you Mindy
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dronerteam Posted at 2018-7-27 05:17
I have allready complete the procedure.
Thank you Mindy

You are welcome, our support team will guide you what to do next, the reply may be delayed because of the weekend, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules