Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Latency and distortion on tablet Video only
1461 13 2018-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kflashback
lvl.1
United States

Hello, I have a mavic pro and it has been great for almost 6 months.  Suddenly after the 7/14/2018 update for the application, I get severe latency and distorted Video feed to my tablet.  The actual video on the Drone is ok.  But some of the feed latency is dangerously slow.  In tight situations, my drone would crash.  I made a video of how it SUDDENLY Quit working after update.  I have a galaxy s2 notepad which tested and worked great before the upgrade.  What can I do to fix this? I have included a photo showing my Tablet on the Left side and actual drone shot on the right.  The latency is about 1.5 seconds.  The distortion is obvious on Left of pic.   

Shot 0001.jpg
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Pro. There could be an issue with compatibility on the mobile device that is why you are experiencing this issue after the update. I recommend using the recommended mobile device for your DJI Mavic Pro for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Pro.

2018-7-24
Use props
Kflashback
lvl.1
United States

I have 2 friends who use ipads and have same results as my tablet.  Can anything be done other than blame the tablet?
2018-7-24
Use props
Kflashback
lvl.1
United States

Kflashback Posted at 2018-7-24 14:11
I have 2 friends who use ipads and have same results as my tablet.  Can anything be done other than blame the tablet?

Hello, I see that you do not have the crystal sky listed?  isn't that one of the best ones for use?
2018-7-24
Use props
Urban2Go
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1796237 ft
Czechia

Hello, I have the exact same problem. From the time in installed the new version of DJI GO 4 app it started happening. I have downgraded to version dji.go.v4_4.2.16 and it started working again without any problems. So The error is on DJI GO 4 app side.
2018-7-24
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

I was using an S3 820 Gal Tab and it rocked for a long time. Beat the IPad Pro in brightness, did not shut down in cold or too hot of weather and the Ipad does. Even my mini4 shuts down in sub freezing or temps low 90's and above.

S3 I used for our corp shots and getting great shots for other clients. Loved I could use the 1080 HD feed. Taking photos was awesome with that tablet. Then sometime around June the latest round of lets ruin the Go4 android apps started coming in. Started with flickering and occasional pixelation with 4.2.16. Went to hades after that. Has not been right since. It was not related to any updates from Android. The device actually works ok on older app like 4.2.14, but I am taking it all back to fw .0100 as well. Rolling back 0300 improved some, then to 0200, and others I know in our drone club with S2, S3, Note, S7's are all going further back to .0100 fw and 4.2.10 app.

The latest updates and apps have rendered many very capable devices unacceptable, and unusable. Based on what I have heard from independent DJI resellers here is not to expect much of a fix. These problems are from additions to prevent hacking into apps and hacking fw. The coding is interfering heavily with Android devices, that is why older versions seem to not have the issues. That's basically what some techs that work on the product have suggested. I'm not a programmer so I don't know. All I know is I want the experience I had with my devices and MP when the MP was new before all the updates and add ons. Fix it!!
2018-7-24
Use props
Kflashback
lvl.1
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-24 19:53
I was using an S3 820 Gal Tab and it rocked for a long time. Beat the IPad Pro in brightness, did not shut down in cold or too hot of weather and the Ipad does. Even my mini4 shuts down in sub freezing or temps low 90's and above.

S3 I used for our corp shots and getting great shots for other clients. Loved I could use the 1080 HD feed. Taking photos was awesome with that tablet. Then sometime around June the latest round of lets ruin the Go4 android apps started coming in. Started with flickering and occasional pixelation with 4.2.16. Went to hades after that. Has not been right since. It was not related to any updates from Android. The device actually works ok on older app like 4.2.14, but I am taking it all back to fw .0100 as well. Rolling back 0300 improved some, then to 0200, and others I know in our drone club with S2, S3, Note, S7's are all going further back to .0100 fw and 4.2.10 app.

Tx for taking the time to share your experiences.  I might just have to go back to video by hand and photography by hand.  Just seems like each update makes it worse.  Wish I would have known all these issues before I invested into my mavic.  All I can do now with it is put it into sport mode and chase crows in my back yard.  
2018-7-25
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158770 ft
United States

Kflashback Posted at 2018-7-25 07:52
Tx for taking the time to share your experiences.  I might just have to go back to video by hand and photography by hand.  Just seems like each update makes it worse.  Wish I would have known all these issues before I invested into my mavic.  All I can do now with it is put it into sport mode and chase crows in my back yard.

1) Cow chasing sounds fun  

2) Like others have said, roll the app back to v4.2.16

3) Don't forget to review the latest version of the app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4 ... this should put pressure on them to get it fixed
2018-7-25
Use props
Kflashback
lvl.1
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-25 10:57
1) Cow chasing sounds fun  

2) Like others have said, roll the app back to v4.2.16

So I tried to uninstall the software on my tablet and doing some internet searching I found this site
https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips ... ep-by-step-guide.31

It shows you how to change settings in your tablet to make it as fast and ready as can be for DJI software.
I did what it said and my drone is flying great so far.  1 battery used up anyway.  I video taped the entire run and it worked. I ran through some gestures and sport mode etc... and all is great again.  I hope it works on my next test.  I also removed the version I had installed and looks like I installed the 2.14 version from May 2018.  All I know is my drone flew like it did before the update.  
2018-7-25
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158770 ft
United States

Kflashback Posted at 2018-7-25 13:55
So I tried to uninstall the software on my tablet and doing some internet searching I found this site
https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/install-dji-go-on-an-android-tablet-or-phone-step-by-step-guide.31

Good to hear

Now you can post VIDEO of cow chasing!
2018-7-25
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Kflashback Posted at 2018-7-25 13:55
So I tried to uninstall the software on my tablet and doing some internet searching I found this site
https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/install-dji-go-on-an-android-tablet-or-phone-step-by-step-guide.31

Nice stuff in the link. Only thing they left out was how to uninstall the app to get rid of it ALL. Thanks for posting. It will help someone i'm sure.
2018-7-25
Use props
Kflashback
lvl.1
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-7-25 15:04
Nice stuff in the link. Only thing they left out was how to uninstall the app to get rid of it ALL. Thanks for posting. It will help someone i'm sure.

I never found an uninstall method.  I deleted the program from my tablet and reinstalled the version 2.14 off the internet.  
2018-7-26
Use props
Kflashback
lvl.1
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-25 14:44
Good to hear

Now you can post VIDEO of cow chasing!

So far so good on operation.  I flew it again last night at sunset and it still did well.  As for the cow chasing?  I am not sure how it would work, but I meant Crow Chasing.  In my backyard, I actually let my drone hover for a few minutes and I get birds attacking it.  
2018-7-26
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Kflashback Posted at 2018-7-26 08:59
I never found an uninstall method.  I deleted the program from my tablet and reinstalled the version 2.14 off the internet.

ya you can uninstall it that way but if you do then go into the system files and delete the DJI folder and that will get rid of the rest. Be sure to backup what you want to keep before hand.
2018-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules