Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Black/White Bars on Samsung S8
860 6 2018-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicksdesign
lvl.1
United States

When viewing the video on my S8 I quite often get black and white bars on all light collored areas.  This makes it very difficult to set up photos as well as difficult to navigate. Has anyone else had this problem?  Any ideas how to prevent or correct it?

Nick

IMG_0010.JPG
2018-7-24
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Overexposed warning, turn it off in camera settings.
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and trouble that this caused you. Can you please switch your camera settings on manual mode and try to manually adjust the ISO, Shutter, and EV. Just to go to Camera settings >> Click the shutter icon on the upper left corner >> then switch button to manual from auto mode. For reference, please see the attached image below. Also, please make sure that the overexposure warning is disabled on the Camera settings. Thank you.

2018-7-24
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Roll back the app to 4.2.16.  I was getting that on my Mini4 as well. Never had it until latest app updates and fw.

On my Note 8 it will occasionally flicker and seem like it wants to pixelate. Might be diff prob. On my Tab S3 820 it works and then "aircraft disconnected" happens.
Rolling back the app to 4.2.16 or older helped a lot. Still got a couple disconnects, so I took fw back to .0100 recently. Much better.

Not sure what they are adding to the apps and fw in these updates, but the flight experiences and video feed can be terrible afterward.

I had to tell support people on the phone 3x this occurs when in flight, not when the MP is static. They kept asking me to verify with device settings but not in flight. It's fine static. As soon as you get airborne, then the issues start happening to most people with this problem.
2018-7-24
Use props
nicksdesign
lvl.1
United States

Thanks to all for the very quick responses.  Turning the Over Exposure Warning off fixed the problem.  It was a bugger to turn off, it kept turning back on all by itself.  It seems to be off now.

Nick
2018-7-24
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

nicksdesign Posted at 2018-7-24 17:02
Thanks to all for the very quick responses.  Turning the Over Exposure Warning off fixed the problem.  It was a bugger to turn off, it kept turning back on all by itself.  It seems to be off now.

Nick

I newer use it and normally use the camera on manual. Was no auto on my first Peti RSL camera.
2018-7-24
Use props
nicksdesign
lvl.1
United States

I find the auto mode works well for me.  Perhaps my standards are a little low.  Now that I know what causes the bars I can make the necessary adjustments while flying to deal with it.

Nick
2018-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules