Spark remote bricked after failed firmware update
5197 18 2018-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
10_ray
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109560 ft
Philippines

I was updating my spark rc and it failed @ 99% (how unlucky) it prompted to restart and try again. After restarting I could no longer see rc's SSID and it kept blinking red, it wouldnt also bind with my spark (btw, spark was updated through dji assistant). I tried combination button (Fn+Pause+C) to try and link it with spark but no luck. Also tried the same combination to reset wifi but still SSID won't appear. Also tried holding power button for 9 secs to reset, it did beep however, but still led continued to just blink.

After that I tried pairing spark with phone and tested it out. It worked fine. It's just the remote that i'm having a problem with.
What I think is that the rc is stuck in its boot sequence, LED normally blinks after powering on but becomes stable after a few seconds. Mine just keeps on blinking.

Here is a video for reference:

I do hope there is a solution that does not require returning to DJI.
2018-7-24
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37156 ft
Hungary

Hi,

Are you on Android or IOS?

Apparently the same has happened to some other folks here.
2018-7-24
Use props
10_ray
lvl.2
Philippines

JimboHUN Posted at 2018-7-24 22:07
Hi,

Are you on Android or IOS?

I'm on android, on the video I also tried on ios but still no luck.
2018-7-24
Use props
AdamM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87408 ft
Poland

I have the same... Why DJI support not blocking a updates at now!?? Its something wrong with firmware. Maybe new firmware, or maybe with last firmware. There is any technical engineer from DJI?? Online support is very very poor. They know nothing!!! Now is a summer time. With new update broken many drones!!!! They should send ASAP controlers for peoples who have broken devices!!!!! But now...Its a fu**ing DJI!!!!
2018-7-24
Use props
AdamM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87408 ft
Poland

2018-7-24
Use props
10_ray
lvl.2
Philippines

AdamM Posted at 2018-7-24 22:40
I have the same... Why DJI support not blocking a updates at now!?? Its something wrong with firmware. Maybe new firmware, or maybe with last firmware. There is any technical engineer from DJI?? Online support is very very poor. They know nothing!!! Now is a summer time. With new update broken many drones!!!! They should send ASAP controlers for peoples who have broken devices!!!!! But now...Its a fu**ing DJI!!!!

Same here friend, really frustrating that it requires us to update but ends up destroying the equipment.
2018-7-24
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Thats why im not updating any time soon. Dont fix whats not broken.
2018-7-24
Use props
warlex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54793 ft
Ecuador

I have the same issue, my RC is faulty, then i try several things to make it work again (no luck).

If someone could make his RC work again following a list of procedures talked with DJI chat and emailed from support team:

1. Press power on 9 secs (RC hard reset), beeps but with no luck in my case
2. FN+Power+C1 at the same time when the RC is turned on (suppossedly to beep once), mine just beeps three times like when i press just the power on button >9secs, no luck in my case
3. Pause + Power On sequence (i read on other forums that this procedure helps when the RC is beeping all the time), no luck in my case, my RC just keeps blinking red all the time
4. Try to pair again with the aircraft, when i try the button sequence Pause+Fn+C1 and try to pair the RC just beep once and nothing else.
5. Try to connect the controller by OTG cable, with IOS (Ipad mini 2 and Iphone 6 plus) and with Android too (Galaxy S6 and Sony Xperia) no luck the devices aren´t recognizing at all the pluged RC.

So at this point i have a RC bricked (Red led blinking) and with a DJI Opened case waiting for sending back to them and pray if warranty apply.

Please if someone can share some light to this problem will be so much appreciated. Or share his own experience.

By the way my RC is brand new never used, because when i try to update (out of the box) the FW the Process stops suddenly and the screen just said reboot your RC (what i did) and now no SSID Wifi bradcast at all

Thanks
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

warlex Posted at 2018-8-6 12:53
I have the same issue, my RC is faulty, then i try several things to make it work again (no luck).

If someone could make his RC work again following a list of procedures talked with DJI chat and emailed from support team:

Hi, we have replied to your thread, kindly see the link below. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-140730-1-2.html
2018-8-7
Use props
OsKArg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85479 ft

Argentina

Hi friend  WE have  these problem and RCSPARK fail . DJI don´t have  posible solution , We resolve   to buy a second RC at the moment , If some time DJI have the FW for repair  Thank  Contact me if have news about this problem Kinfd regards  Oscar From Argentina  my youtube chanel
2019-1-6
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Please check this youtube video
2019-1-6
Use props
Yabbuck
New

Germany

Hi,

having the same problem here.
Is there any official answer from DJI regarding all this?
2019-1-26
Use props
10_ray
lvl.2
Philippines

Yabbuck Posted at 1-26 12:11
Hi,

having the same problem here.

Got mine fixed from the shop where I bought the drone free of charge, though it took 1 month for it to return to me.
2019-2-25
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

You cannot fix this by yourself. The best thing is that you contact DJI support. I received very good service on the same problem!
2019-2-26
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

wimherman Posted at 2-26 02:53
You cannot fix this by yourself. The best thing is that you contact DJI support. I received very good service on the same problem!

Theoretically, there should be UART or JTAG or something else on RC main board that should allow for reflashing the firmware without bootloader and such.
2019-2-26
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-26 05:22
Theoretically, there should be UART or JTAG or something else on RC main board that should allow for reflashing the firmware without bootloader and such.

Yeah im sure you are right and probably worth a look for when out of warranty.
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

10_ray Posted at 2-25 23:17
Got mine fixed from the shop where I bought the drone free of charge, though it took 1 month for it to return to me.

Hi, we're sorry to read that you had to encounter this same situation as mentioned above. However, we're glad to hear to know that everything is working fine upon sending your unit to the service center. Please let us know if you need our assistance. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-26
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

wimherman Posted at 2-26 08:01
Yeah im sure you are right and probably worth a look for when out of warranty.

Good point... key element here is 'out of warranty" to start fiddling around.
2019-2-27
Use props
djiuser_AD5Kt1FL0PXu
lvl.1

Indonesia

Gimana caranya..
2020-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules