2888 23 2018-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Here's a sneak peak of where our Sony development is at. What's being shown here is a rigged up USB/Multi cable connected to a Sony A7S2 with a G-Master 16-35/f2.8 lens. The video is showing half press for focus, digital zoom control, start/stop recording, and taking a photo. These are the functions that are being worked on and working for now. Don't ask when it's going to be available because we can't answer that for now. The only thing we can say at this moment is we're working out the bugs and won't release it until we feel it's stable. I didn't have to post this but I wanted you guys to know what's happening in development.

2018-7-25
Use props
djiuser_u1fioz8UrNqU
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for the update Paul.
2018-7-25
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Wow!  This must be the best way to inform that DJI is really working on a update!
2018-7-25
Use props
zhovisuals
lvl.1

United States

YES. So excited for Sony to be compatible with pull focus omg.
2018-7-25
Use props
mikeholt
lvl.2

Fantastic news! Thanks for posting this. Can't wait for you guys to finish your work... any news on time lapse and motion lapse with the Sony?
2018-7-25
Use props
Mingul
lvl.1
South Korea

It's nice. It removes the parts I was worried about.

There is one question. In the above movie, the focus ring is used as a digital zoom. Is there any plan to use it for follow-focus later?
2018-7-26
Use props
Rieder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1056 ft
Denmark

Mingul Posted at 2018-7-26 22:32
There is one question. In the above movie, the focus ring is used as a digital zoom. Is there any plan to use it for follow-focus later?

Yes, zoom is not as usable as focus. If DJI cracks the focus on Sony, I'll be one happy camper!
2018-7-27
Use props
HexTool
lvl.1
Hong Kong

mikeholt Posted at 2018-7-25 11:37
Fantastic news! Thanks for posting this. Can't wait for you guys to finish your work... any news on time lapse and motion lapse with the Sony?

Can you elaborate more on the timelapse and motionlapse? The IR cable can trigger to Sony camera to capture photo so it should be able to work.
2018-7-27
Use props
Surface2Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 167441 ft
Canada

Thanks for the update on progress. Appreciate the effort to quell the worriers ;)
2018-7-27
Use props
Matias Zepeda
lvl.2
Chile

thanks paul! pull focus in sony please jaja!!!!
2018-7-29
Use props
G Kochanowsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1960591 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very cool! Thanks for the update.
2018-7-30
Use props
ronin_warrior
lvl.1

I'm so excited for this! Thank you for sharing.
2018-7-30
Use props
curtismyhero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47667 ft
United States

Never knew I'd be interested in a digital zoom ring until I saw this.  Cannot wait!
2018-7-31
Use props
Roland Schulz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2166962 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Manual focus control with a7M3/a7RM3 cameras must be "possible" in some  way since it is possible with Sony´s "Imaging Edge" PC app to be seen  here (didn´t try it myself yet):
https://support.d-imaging.sony.c ... 4_3_panels.php#cnt4

This  way won´t be "absolute", but having it at least "relative" in different  speeds depending how fast one´s turning the focus wheel would be a  benefit instead of having nothing this time.
Couldn´t you  "listen/sniff" to what is happening on the USB port (Win internally using the Imaging Edge app and an USB sniffer) to figure out what to do?

P.S.: from the "Details"
https://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/app/imagingedge/en/devices/#emount
we  learn that only the a7M3 and the a7RM3 support manual focus via USB to  date - but both are quite popular (video-)cameras and I guess the a7SM3  will also get this!
2018-8-6
Use props
goafreak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 243474 ft
  • >>>
Germany

This would be awesome! Thanks for the video, at least gives us Sony users some hope!
2018-8-6
Use props
rollant
New

United Kingdom

Thanks Roland, waiting for the new firmware.
2018-9-3
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>

In incorporating the Sony Support for the Ronin S can anyone comment on whether this is going to be with the use of the USB-C cable instead of the IR Cable?
2018-9-3
Use props
8ightyse7en
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 2018-9-3 23:59
In incorporating the Sony Support for the Ronin S can anyone comment on whether this is going to be with the use of the USB-C cable instead of the IR Cable?

Going to be an actual cable.  I'm waiting for them to release it.

Ronin S accessories
2018-9-4
Use props
Mikex
lvl.3
Ukraine

wait I'm disappointed, Sony users should buy new cable? oO
2018-9-5
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>

8ightyse7en Posted at 2018-9-4 13:58
Going to be an actual cable.  I'm waiting for them to release it.

Ronin S accessories

Awesome .... I'm stoked!  Any word on when the Sony Cable will be available?
2018-9-6
Use props
pawis
lvl.1
United States

This is great to see!  I was wondering if the focus wheel would be able to work with clear image zoom on video.  I can't wait for this to be polished a little more and released.  I'm curious if this will require a new cable or if one of the included ones will still work.
2018-9-6
Use props
Ziozo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Any update on the Sony camera control progress? DJI will you be offering your Sony owners a free cable?
Ps can we have the Focus wheel control focus rather than Digital Zoom? Would be great to have the choice. Focus pulling on the A7iii would be a lot more useful for us!
2018-9-14
Use props
Roland Schulz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2166962 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1, even in outlook to the coming a7S3 that will probably have the same protocol as the a7R3 and the a7M3 that both allow focus over USB.
2018-9-14
Use props
Haris Audio
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ANY NEWS ON SONY A7 MK1 ???
2018-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules