896 13 2018-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kowal63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 579843 ft
  • >>>
United States

well....what happens when you have 14 sats takeoff over water and geofence kicks in midflight?......you watch it helplessly slowly enter the water after hovering 5 minutes 25 feet in front of you.....dji geofence software bug caused your spark to not RTH...from 25 feet away.....not cool DJI ....can anyone relate?

geofence epic fail

geofence epic fail
2018-7-25
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

sorry for your loss, were you able to recover it?  Did you have the DJI Care Refresh warranty?  Hope you get it fixed or replaced soon
2018-7-25
Use props
N2QLT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29229 ft
United States

I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been kicking around the idea of getting those Big Ball flotation devices for my Spark. There's a fair amount of downside, but this just convinced me to go order them right now. Sorry again.
2018-7-25
Use props
MarkMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77100 ft
United States

Again??!! I thought you would have learned after the first time it happened 2 weeks ago.
2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for what happened. Were you able to retrieve the drone? If yes, we highly suggest having it dry first then create a repair case online so that our repair team can start with the data analysis and damage assessment. If not, we highly suggest contacting our support to start up a case and let our engineers investigate what happened.
2018-7-25
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MarkMN Posted at 2018-7-25 07:49
Again??!! I thought you would have learned after the first time it happened 2 weeks ago.

it is the same case....this was not my fault in any way......i just want them to replace it....it is their software fault...they fixed the software the very next day
2018-7-25
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-25 08:07
Hello there. We apologize for what happened. Were you able to retrieve the drone? If yes, we highly suggest having it dry first then create a repair case online so that our repair team can start with the data analysis and damage assessment. If not, we highly suggest contacting our support to start up a case and let our engineers investigate what happened.

only fellow drone owners will be able to figure this out

Wow! wow! wow! What a fight!

Let me re-enact last 3.5 minutes of your Spark's life:
9m 59 sec – Return home warning – battery low

10m 2 sec – you stop flying.

10m 9 sec – drone starts automatic RTH sequence tripped by low battery power. This is correct action.

10m 12 sec – automatic heading alignment in the direction of home point is completed – drone starts flying back but skims along geo-fence unable to penetrate it. It is not flying in the direction it is pointing to (home point) but rather along the geo-fence getting closer to home.

This is bad but consistent with behaviour observed in case https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=152623

You are not providing any stick input – just waiting for Spark to do its job.

11m 21 sec – Spark is near closest point to home on the other side of the fence – its further progress along the fence would only take it further away. So it stops.

11m 22 sec – You switch to Sport mode thus cancelling RTH (which was useless anyways) but you do not touch sticks. Nothing happens since nothing can happen.

11m 24 sec – Spark initiates auto-landing due to critical battery level. Altitude 45 metres. You are not touching your sticks.

11m 28 sec – You start turning camera down – but still no directional input for drone.

11m 33 sec – Finally you decide to take control and start flying Spark – you cannot get through geo-fence – your actions are chaotic – Spark is going down.

11m 41 sec – You give up. Spark is 17 metres above water and landing with speed about 1 m/s.

11m 46 sec – You direct Spark to fly up. It obeys. You do it for half a second only and than watch in horror as Spark continues is journey down.

Few more chaotic stick movements follow but Spark is pretty much stuck and going down.

12 m 11 sec – 5 metres above water. You attempt to raise the elevation and you succeed. Battery is down to 6%

13 m 22 sec – You got Spark 53 metres up, you are facing roughly good direction and you are trying like crazy to fly home. Geo-fence stops you. Battery level is 0%. Doom is almost inevitable.

13m 31 sec – forced landing due to no power left.

Your Spark sinks while your right thumb is on full throttle forward in your direction but Spark is being stopped by geo-fence.

This was extremely well done and good fight. Congratulations!

I suspect that had you hit RTH again while Spark was stuck at the fence - it would have flown through it as was in case of 62+. However, I do not know for sure since 62+ case was slightly different - his geo-fence was not enforced airport geo-fence but rather geo-fence he set himself by setting max flight distance in DJI GO App. I strongly suspect that behaviour would be the same (that is - success) but I am not sure.

If you have warranty I would be very surprised if DJI would not honor it.

This is very clearly DJI design error which prevented you from safe landing despite quite heroic efforts.
DJI allowed you to operate within restricted space and yet, once you flew out, they did not allow you to come back. Very, very clear error on DJI part.

Good luck and please keep us posted on your success with DJI.
2018-7-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Sorry for your loss mate !
2018-7-25
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

kowal63 Posted at 2018-7-25 08:27
it is the same case....this was not my fault in any way......i just want them to replace it....it is their software fault...they fixed the software the very next day[view_image]

I am not sure that the database upgrade process fix is because of your case, mate.
That is not done in the next days update.
You really need to get a admin involved in your first topic
That should get you a big chance to get a replacement Spark, methinks.
Opening up new topics about it is not getting you any closer to it.
It would be better to bump you original case by asking questions to the case and the outcome
2018-7-25
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-25 10:22
I am not sure that the database upgrade process fix is because of your case, mate.
That is not done in the next days update.
You really need to get a admin involved in your first topic

I have spoken several times phone and chat....they keep telling me to upload my flight records...i have synced them several times...i even took the file off of tablet and emailed them it as well.....they keep giving me the run around....this was straight up not my fault....i love these dji products...i even have a mavic pro and goggles....but dji is not treating me fair.....this was in no way my fault....i watched it hover for a 5 minutes at 25 feet in front of me closest it would get....then slowly go in when battery was below 0%....i did everything by the book
2018-7-25
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

I understand your frustraition, I really do.
But you are not using this forum, like you could.
You have several posts in your topics from admins of the forum, so try to get them involved.
I havent looked into your first topic about this for some.time, but have you had a admin in there, too?PM him or her and ask the same questions which got found in that topic
"How can it be, that a Spark can start in a nfz , can fly out of it and during the same flight, the permission get cancelt, midair.
Because 24h where up, so that the Spark could not get back in.
Link your original topic and in case you have, add the casenumber to it.
It is worth a shot!
Also google drive your flight record and link it

2018-7-25
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

same thing happened to me watch the end of the video. I left the warning zone but when I tried to return to it I couldn't..

watch the end if the video you can see it sliding against the geo fence
2018-7-25
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

sorry to read that
2018-7-26
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your patience.

For your case CAS-2009512-Z2B2D9, we have finished the data analysis, and the result is as follows:
1. The aircraft worked in GPS mode during the flight;
2. The aircraft took off in the Authorization Zone then flew out of the Authorization Zone. The license of permission expired at the middle of the flight, so the aircraft cannot flew into the Authorization Zone;
3. At t=10:09, h=45 m, d=228 m, battery 21%, RTH was triggered due to Low battery, but the aircraft cannot flew into the Authorization Zone since the permission was expired;
4. At t=11:23, h=45 m, d=144 m, battery 12%, Landing was triggered due to Critically Low Battery, the aircraft started to descend, then the flight record ended at t=13:41, h=15 m, d=150 m.

According to the analysis, the incident was not caused by any malfunctioned factors. Please fly with caution.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI. If you could not recover the product and consider to purchase another one, we can offer you a 15% off coupon code for Spark (Lava Red) without the remote controller, which can be used during payment on DJI’s online store:
http://store.dji.com/product/spark

Please email me if you would like the coupon code with the contents such as “I accept the offer”. And may I know would you like to ship the aircraft to United States when placing the order?

Should you have more questions about the result of the data analysis, please reply to this email directly within 15 calendar days. Then we will contact you via email in 2-3 working days.

Best regards,

DJI Tech Support
http://www.dji.com/
2018-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules