I broke an arm module. Right or left??
3829 11 2018-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joejohns
lvl.1

I broke an arm module. I can replace it but, I think it's the right side & when I look at the pic of right module, it looks like the one I think is the left. I'm not taking it apart untill I have the replacement in my hand. Does anyone know how DJI determines right from left. From front view or rear view? Seems like a very basic issue but, I've looked all over internet for videos, articles, anything & I can't find a word about this.  Please help. The sooner I order the correct module, the sooner I'll  get bacck in the air.
2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for what happened. Can you send a picture of what you are referring to?
2018-7-26
Use props
joejohns
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-26 00:59
Hello there. We apologize for what happened. Can you send a picture of what you are referring to?

Thank you for your quick reply. I found what I was looking for. Looking at the Inspire 2 from the front is how you determine right & left. I was thinking you look at it from the top. I thought I needed right arm but it is the left arm.
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

joejohns Posted at 2018-7-26 07:46
Thank you for your quick reply. I found what I was looking for. Looking at the Inspire 2 from the front is how you determine right & left. I was thinking you look at it from the top. I thought I needed right arm but it is the left arm.

Alright. Let us know if you still need any help.
2018-7-26
Use props
marktottymy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91860 ft
United States

It's from the rear, I just bought one....
2018-7-26
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

marktottymy Posted at 2018-7-26 08:09
It's from the rear, I just bought one....

I would have to agree with that. Just like a boat, port (left from the rear) starboard (right from the rear).
2018-7-28
Use props
joejohns
lvl.1

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-7-28 06:21
I would have to agree with that. Just like a boat, port (left from the rear) starboard (right from the rear).

I would've thought so. Just like a car. Right & left sides are from rear.The dealer I bought my Inspire 2 arm from sent me a pic. They identify the arms backwards. (Looking at the drone from the front) So I ordered left arm. I have removed the broken arm & stripped it down. I set it down flat & "posed" it like the dealers pic on eBay & they match. I can feel enough details on the new left arm that's still in the unopened sealed package to determine that it is as labeled (left arm) also that I need a right arm & the kicker is, the eBay pic on the dealers site says left arm & it's a picture of right arm.  Sorry to pester everybody. By the way. I do know my right from my left. I have problems with UP & DOWN sometimes.

2018-8-4
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

joejohns Posted at 2018-8-4 10:48
I would've thought so. Just like a car. Right & left sides are from rear.The dealer I bought my Inspire 2 arm from sent me a pic. They identify the arms backwards. (Looking at the drone from the front) So I ordered left arm. I have removed the broken arm & stripped it down. I set it down flat & "posed" it like the dealers pic on eBay & they match. I can feel enough details on the new left arm that's still in the unopened sealed package to determine that it is as labeled (left arm) also that I need a right arm & the kicker is, the eBay pic on the dealers site says left arm & it's a picture of right arm.  Sorry to pester everybody. By the way. I do know my right from my left. I have problems with UP & DOWN sometimes.

Well, there is one thing that China did not copy.
2018-8-5
Use props
joejohns
lvl.1

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-26 07:59
Alright. Let us know if you still need any help.

Thank you DJI Wanda. My camera mount circuit board is broken. I can't locate it on DJI store . Can you help me?
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

joejohns Posted at 2018-8-12 09:23
Thank you DJI Wanda. My camera mount circuit board is broken. I can't locate it on DJI store . Can you help me? [view_image]

Sorry for the late response. I highly suggest to send it to our repair facility since there is no for sale parts for the one that you need in DJI Store.
2018-8-13
Use props
Official Innocent Salonemusic
New

United Kingdom

Can someone tell me which hand is the broken one please. Left or right
2021-12-29
Use props
djiuser_KVMX8L9uqiCt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2037 ft
New Zealand

After reading this thread I thought my wrong orders were because I did not know the convention and followed my common sense. But then I confirmed that the supplier just first sent me the wrong item and Mavic doesn't follow this convention.

I was so confused that i started thinking if I should be skeptical about any arm or wing or such which is connected to a sort of body right or left...
2023-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules