Issues with "refreshed" Mavic Pro
620 0 2018-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bob.lionel.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89551 ft
  • >>>

I pre-ordered my Mavic Pro back before they first came out. It has been flawless and this past November, I never had so much as a harsh landing. Then just before Thanksgiving, I did a firmware update and after it's first flight afterwards, the drone suddenly started drifting quickly towards my house after take off. It hit the exterior wall of my house and suffered about a 6 foot fall where the only damage was a broken gimbal mount. I contacted DJI Refresh/Care and they had me send my Mavic in, where instead of being repaired it was replaced. While waiting, I bought a P4 Pro off of craigslist and was using it. After I got my Mavic back, I did a quick function test of it to make sure it worked and it has sat in it's case since. Earlier this week, I got it out for a bit of flying. On Monday, I took off and about 90 seconds after takeoff I got an error that said "Processor critically overheated, aircraft controlling battery usage..." so I brought it back. I noticed that video seemed somewhat jerky and delayed as well, which I've never seen occur on the Mavic. I landed and saw that I also had an error "Aircraft encoder error" please contact DJI support if this continues after a restart. It was pretty hot out so I called it a day. The next day I powered up and did the recommended firmware updates, but did not fly the aircraft.  Yesterday evening while the temp was "only" 95, I decided to try another flight. This time I took off and saw that I had the aircraft encoder error again and video seemed to be laggy.  I brought it in to do a quick check and this time noticed it said there was a firmware mismatch. So I let it update and it only took about 60 seconds to do the recommended update. I powered off and restarted. After taking off I flew about 15 seconds and the display went B/W and it said I'd lost video transmission and asked if I wanted to RTH. The aircraft was not responding and then executed a RTH. It proceeded to fly to my house and execute a perfect landing...on my roof. I had a friend bring his 26ft ladder over to recover the aircraft. Looking over the boards, I see reports of the overheating error but in every case I've read, the aircrafts cooling fan wasn't coming on. Mines fan comes on within about a minute of being turned on and appears to be working fine. I also noticed on the video that was shot during the test flight that there is a lot of jello on the footage and the gimbal sometimes seems to jump. Is there any warranty on a "refresh" drone? has anyone else had problems with their replacement drone? I feel like I was sent someone elses junk drone when my previous one worked flawlessly 99.9% of the time.
2018-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules