Mounting External Monitor on Ronin S
20991 29 2018-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmrfoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77257 ft
United States

Just took delivery of my Ronin S ordered from B&H.  So far just playing with it.  Mounted and balanced my Canon XC-15 and happy so far with the gimbal operation.

So now it's tiem to figure out how I am going to mount my external 5 and/or 7 inch SmallHD monitors.  Looking for input and suggestions....

Mike
2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mike, glad to know you have received the Ronin-S, please mount the accessory mounting plate to the M4 screw hole of the gimbal. There is a 1/4 screw hole on the mounting place which is used to connect the Magic Arm. Then an external monitor can be mounted to the arm. Please let us know if you have further question.
2018-7-26
Use props
danielebarone
lvl.3
Italy

Hi Mindy, sorry, I'm not expert, could you send me a link to this "Magic Arm"?
Other question: when will dji put in store some accessories for Ronin S?
When is scheduled the next firmware release?
Thank you!!!!!
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

danielebarone Posted at 2018-7-26 01:43
Hi Mindy, sorry, I'm not expert, could you send me a link to this "Magic Arm"?
Other question: when will dji put in store some accessories for Ronin S?
When is scheduled the next firmware release?

It is an accessory which is used to connect the monitor, the model is different according to the different monitor, you can try to search the picture in Google.
At this moment, we do not have the release date of the accessories, we will transfer your request to our engineers to speed up releasing the accessories, please note our online store. Thank you for your patience.
2018-7-26
Use props
danielebarone
lvl.3
Italy

Thank you!!!

PS: but.... "Mindy" is your true name?
And are you so awesome like in the avatar?
Do you go to work with the mask?
;-)
2018-7-26
Use props
kareemy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13842 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-26 01:07
Hi Mike, glad to know you have received the Ronin-S, please mount the accessory mounting plate to the M4 screw hole of the gimbal. There is a 1/4 screw hole on the mounting place which is used to connect the Magic Arm. Then an external monitor can be mounted to the arm. Please let us know if you have further question.

I feel stupid... where is that mount spot? the only available screws mounts are the ones beneath the battery?
2018-7-26
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
United States

SmallRig is going to have a nice product for Ronin S :https://www.smallrig.com/smallri ... i-ronin-s-2214.html I'm going to try this one when it arrives to stock.
2018-7-26
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-26 01:07
Hi Mike, glad to know you have received the Ronin-S, please mount the accessory mounting plate to the M4 screw hole of the gimbal. There is a 1/4 screw hole on the mounting place which is used to connect the Magic Arm. Then an external monitor can be mounted to the arm. Please let us know if you have further question.

What accessory plate?   I don't see anything as you have described it in the kit of things that came with my Ronin S
2018-7-26
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

escore Posted at 2018-7-26 14:23
SmallRig is going to have a nice product for Ronin S :https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-mounting-plate-for-dji-ronin-s-2214.html I'm going to try this one when it arrives to stock.

I'm a big Smallrig user and fan - I will follow this for sure!  Thanks
2018-7-26
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

kareemy Posted at 2018-7-26 14:00
I feel stupid... where is that mount spot? the only available screws mounts are the ones beneath the battery?

I'm feeling stupid too... and now I feel like my Ronin S is missing the "accessory plate" described here within.....
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

kareemy Posted at 2018-7-26 14:00
I feel stupid... where is that mount spot? the only available screws mounts are the ones beneath the battery?

The accessory mounting plate will be released in our online store very soon, there is a 1/4 screw hole on the mounting place, please wait patiently for the further release, thank you.
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jmrfoto Posted at 2018-7-26 22:38
What accessory plate?   I don't see anything as you have described it in the kit of things that came with my Ronin S

Hi Mike, it hasn't been released, it will be available in our online store once it's ready, thanks for your patience.
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

danielebarone Posted at 2018-7-26 03:17
Thank you!!!

PS: but.... "Mindy" is your true name?

Name is just a code, my job is doing my best to solve customers' questions and problems, we cannot see each other, isn't it like wearing a mask?
2018-7-27
Use props
Surface2Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 167441 ft
Canada

escore Posted at 2018-7-26 14:23
SmallRig is going to have a nice product for Ronin S :https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-mounting-plate-for-dji-ronin-s-2214.html I'm going to try this one when it arrives to stock.

Thanks for sharing the info on the small rig mount. Currently using there cage on my Sony. Looking forward to this and what DJI releases to mount all the goodies.
2018-7-27
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
United States

Surface2Air Posted at 2018-7-27 12:00
Thanks for sharing the info on the small rig mount. Currently using there cage on my Sony. Looking forward to this and what DJI releases to mount all the goodies.

I'm also using their half cage on my Sony A7ii. As it doesn't shoot 4K, i need to flip it 90 degrees to shoot portrait video(I'm doing a lot ig's mystory material for my customers).
2018-7-27
Use props
JTTHIEME
lvl.1
United States

For mounting an external monitor, Teradek TX, etc., I use this mount [https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... adaptor.html?sts=pi] and a Cine Arm [https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... ca_cine_arm_dg.html].
2018-7-28
Use props
Dani Bar
lvl.3
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-27 02:07
Name is just a code, my job is doing my best to solve customers' questions and problems, we cannot see each other, isn't it like wearing a mask?

Yes!!!
Very good reply!!!
2018-7-29
Use props
kareemy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13842 ft
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-27 01:58
The accessory mounting plate will be released in our online store very soon, there is a 1/4 screw hole on the mounting place, please wait patiently for the further release, thank you.

Hey Mindy! thanks for the response! any idea on the time frame for accessories launch!? The Ronin S was kind of a let down at my last event
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dani Bar Posted at 2018-7-29 01:40
Yes!!!
Very good reply!!!

Thank you.
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

kareemy Posted at 2018-7-29 22:36
Hey Mindy! thanks for the response! any idea on the time frame for accessories launch!? The Ronin S was kind of a let down at my last event

Hi kareemy, unfortunately, I do not have more news about its release date either, please pay attention to our online store, I also hope the accessories will be released soon to make you have a better experience with Ronin-S, thanks for your patience.
2018-7-31
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

JTTHIEME Posted at 2018-7-28 22:26
For mounting an external monitor, Teradek TX, etc., I use this mount [https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1392112-REG/simply_gimbal_fmj_1_fmj_handheld_gimbal_adaptor.html?sts=pi] and a Cine Arm [https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1043733-REG/noga_dg9014ca_cine_arm_dg.html].

Thanks!  I've seen the FMJ unit and am considering it - your thoughts on it as an accessory?
2018-7-31
Use props
fans975a49e7
lvl.1

Austria

Hi people,
I´m also looking for monitors and mounting options. I´m having a hard time to believe that you can get an ipod Touch from Apple for 199€ with 500cd/m², and all those monitors out there are much heavier and most don´t even have that brightness. I´m seriously considering buying an ipod touch and power it with a power bank (should work with sony playmemories app and sony alpha series cameras - at least for my a7III). Maybe DJI that´s something for you. Please give us a really small, portable monitor with 600cd/m² + that is powered by the ronin s batteries. Especially for weddings and other long shootings, that would really help.
Other than that, I think that mounting a bigger monitor on the side would badly affect the overall balance of the rig and make it quite heavy to carry.
I have also thought about somehow adding a second handle - like https://www.smallrig.com/smallri ... -for-dslr-1534.html and mount a monitor on top of the handle. That should give a good balance to the overall rig.
2018-8-1
Use props
amriphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

Please, DJI - a very small, lightweight but bright monitor option powered by the ronin s would be superamazing! The ipod touch/iphone would really be a great model for that!
2018-8-1
Use props
VancouverWill
lvl.1

https://www.smallrig.com/smallri ... i-ronin-s-2214.html

I am in a similar situation, this product looks great however will there be an issue with the cable..?

Like won't the cable pull against the gimbal motors
2018-8-4
Use props
Kwan
lvl.3
United States

There are many different ways to mount monitor and other accessories.

Here is my quick setup

2018-8-5
Use props
alibaba30
lvl.2

I just ordered this setup:

2018-8-6
Use props
Kwan
lvl.3
United States

alibaba30 Posted at 2018-8-6 02:51
I just ordered this setup:

Fella's
Just keep in mind, this Setup doesn't have any safety like NATO Rail offered (with safety push button).
2018-8-6
Use props
Air Media
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105167 ft
Spain

Monitor adaptor
2018-11-23
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I bought this. Cheap and lightweight:

https://www.banggood.com/Agimbal ... mp;cur_warehouse=CN

I'll gonna buy another one for the other side to use a microphone or a cube light.
2018-11-23
Use props
davdgreat
New
Flight distance : 104380 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone found the cable from the monitor to the camera causing any balancing issues when you have the camera mounted?  
2019-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules