Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware Update Problem
12Next >
39184 43 2015-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maui Digital Dr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2671102 ft
United States

I have tried to install the new firmware and now my P3 Pro wont stop beeping...... Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep
Its very loud and wont stop, can someone give a clue what to do?
2015-5-22
Use props
dhills
lvl.2

United States

Can you give a few more details as to what steps did you take to get to this point.

Is your remote turned off?
2015-5-22
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

First format the SD card.  Then do a clean install of the v1.1.9 bin file.  This upgrade takes a long time.  Please be patient.  Just let it go.  Do not turn the Tx on.  Listen to the beeps.  You will hear a series of 4 beeps while upgrading.  The leds will switch on and off.  Do not power down until you hear a beep followed by two beeps that repeats.  At that point you can power down and check the SD card for the txt message that indicates success.  Please delete that file.  You do not have to upgrade the Tx as long as it is v1.1.8.
2015-5-22
Use props
Maui Digital Dr
lvl.3
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-23 12:43
First format the SD card.  Then do a clean install of the v1.1.9 bin file.  This upgrade takes a lon ...

Thanks Tahoe Ed, too much to type it all out...... trying many things with folks online on Facebook page "DJI PHANTOM 3" all in caps if you will take a look........thx
2015-5-22
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maui Digital Dr Posted at 2015-5-23 12:55
Thanks Tahoe Ed, too much to type it all out...... trying many things with folks online on Faceboo ...

It tried but it did not come up in a search.  If you want to provide a link I will try again.
2015-5-22
Use props
Maui Digital Dr
lvl.3
United States

Here's the group

Pic

Pic

2015-5-22
Use props
Maui Digital Dr
lvl.3
United States

Hey there Tahoe_Ed.......... we got her back online. Thx for your time and the time of all who helped me out. Gonna retiurn the favor to the next guy who needs help.
2015-5-22
Use props
Gary
lvl.1

United States

Maui Digital Dr Posted at 2015-5-23 13:37
Hey there Tahoe_Ed.......... we got her back online. Thx for your time and the time of all who helpe ...

What was the fix? I have a steady beepiing that seems to speed up as it goes on for steadily. No lights on the bird outside of the battery.
2015-5-22
Use props
Gary
lvl.1

United States

Gary Posted at 2015-5-23 14:36
What was the fix? I have a steady beepiing that seems to speed up as it goes on for steadily. No l ...

Never mind.... Patience Grasshopper my antgel needed to tell me. That must have been normal maybe as it finished with 4 quick beeps and turned on the lights. Rebooted fine. Not what I recall exactly from the last update.
2015-5-22
Use props
Maui Digital Dr
lvl.3
United States

Gary Posted at 2015-5-23 14:44
Never mind.... Patience Grasshopper my antgel needed to tell me. That must have been normal maybe  ...

Yes Gary that's what it took, PATIENCE......
2015-5-23
Use props
mike6283
New

United States

Maui Digital Dr Posted at 2015-5-23 23:23
Yes Gary that's what it took, PATIENCE......

Maui Digital Dr., I sure hope you can help me resolve the same issue that you had. I apparently turned off the power on my Phantom 3 Professional before the update was completed and now when I try to update again, all I get is continuous loud beeping.
2015-5-26
Use props
rhutty
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Put it somewhere you can't hear it( I used the garage) and let it beep for 40 minutes. Worked for me ;-)
RayH
2015-5-26
Use props
Maui Digital Dr
lvl.3
United States

mike6283 Posted at 2015-5-26 20:56
Maui Digital Dr., I sure hope you can help me resolve the same issue that you had. I apparently tu ...

Did you get it fixed Mike?
2015-5-26
Use props
mike6283
New

United States

No, not yet. Haven't had time to try leaving it in the garage. But, the noise is so loud, not sure I can tell when the update is complete. I also don't think it was upgrading because the red and green light wasn't flashing like it is supposed to on the gimbal.

But, I will give it a try.
2015-5-26
Use props
Maui Digital Dr
lvl.3
United States

mike6283 Posted at 2015-5-27 01:09
No, not yet. Haven't had time to try leaving it in the garage. But, the noise is so loud, not sure ...

Format the SD card again and download the firmware and install the bin file on the card and do the process over. I re did it on the 16GB card that came with the bird and it worked the first time I tried to reinstall it. Let it make noise until it stops and you get the D DDD sound from the gimbal area. hope this helps, good luck.
2015-5-26
Use props
mike6283
New

United States

Maui Digital Dr Posted at 2015-5-27 10:49
Format the SD card again and download the firmware and install the bin file on the card and do the ...

Okay, reformatted the SD card, downloaded the bin file onto SD card, plugged it into the P3 and let it Beep, Beep, went to dinner and came home 1.5 hrs later. Found the P3 still Beep, Beep, beeping and the gimble hot. No luck.
2015-5-27
Use props
mike6283
New

United States

Does anyone have any other ideas how to solve this problem?
2015-5-28
Use props
JBPHOTO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2950013 ft
Portugal

mike6283 Posted at 2015-5-29 06:20
Does anyone have any other ideas how to solve this problem?

The same with me. So I installed  the previous version- 1.1.8- and now i fly with no problem
2015-5-28
Use props
jonesy
lvl.1

United States

now mine is doing it!
2015-5-28
Use props
Maui Digital Dr
lvl.3
United States

Listen guys, start all over and do it again. Make sure you re format your card through the P3. Download your firmware and put ONLY the bin file on the card. Turn your remote on, then the app and then install the SD card into the P3 and turn it on. Install firmware as usual and put the P3 in the bathroom so you dont have to listen to it. LET IT RUN you should see a green and red light flashing on the gimbal and after about 15-20 minutes it should be done making THAT ANNOYING SOUND. If you still have problems you are NOT DOING SOMETHING RIGHT. Start over and try using the 16GB card that came with the P3, that's what worked for me.
2015-5-28
Use props
sb2bb
lvl.1
United States

Maui Digital Dr Posted at 2015-5-29 15:21
Listen guys, start all over and do it again. Make sure you re format your card through the P3. Downl ...

How do you format the card thru the P3. I am on my computer and can't get the card to open...newbie
2015-5-29
Use props
tk2004hm
lvl.2

United States

I had the same thing happen very very loud beep beep seem to speed up to, I found out it is due to stopping the P3 before it has completed the update, I did format the sd card again put firm wear back on it let P3 cool down and start all over again, I had to do this 3 times before it took the new update, just let it beep, its loud but it should stop and go back to the regular update DDD--DDD sound mine did give it a good 30 min after loud beep beep stops then you should be okay.
2015-5-29
Use props
sgsummerour
New

United States

Is there anyway to turn down the volume of the beeping? My parents could hear it 3 states away. Is there any reason as to why it's that loud?
2015-8-5
Use props
aerohil
New

United States

This happened to me today while upgrading my P3A firmware to v1.3.2. The loud beeps are obnoxious, but you just have to deal with it. I followed you guys' instructions of formatting the SD card then put the .bin file on it then restart it to let it load. There is a little LED in the front of the gimbal that tells you when the upgrading is done (instead of D---DD pattern I was used to). I put mine in the closet for about 15min and loud beep went away. I was afraid I might have to sent it to DJI for repairs, but thanks you guys that posted on this forum thread!

2015-8-8
Use props
The Risk
lvl.1

South Africa

ok read through the tread, its in the bathroom screaming away....... lets  see
2015-8-10
Use props
The Risk
lvl.1

South Africa

all good, and thanks for this thread appreciate the previous posts that resolved the issue
2015-8-10
Use props
ninjaturtle
New

United States

Maui Digital Dr Posted at 2015-5-29 03:21
Listen guys, start all over and do it again. Make sure you re format your card through the P3. Downl ...

Just to make sure... the remote needs to be turned on and connected to the app at the same time?
2015-9-14
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

ninjaturtle Posted at 2015-9-14 21:06
Just to make sure... the remote needs to be turned on and connected to the app at the same time?

Better to look at a current thread. This one is old. Check here for firmware update info. Also search for a recent trhread on the subject.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-29857-1-1.html
2015-9-14
Use props
philip sullivan
lvl.1

Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-23 01:13
First format the SD card.  Then do a clean install of the v1.1.9 bin file.  This upgrade takes a lon ...

I have this problem and tried to update to the first firmware and it will not work, do you have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
2015-11-10
Use props
philip sullivan
lvl.1

Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-23 01:13

I have the same problem while updating the firmware , it failed at first and now when I turn it on it makes a very very loud beeping along with the softer beeb. I have tried everything I have seen on this fourm but I cant find anything that works, please help me. Thanks in advance.
2015-11-10
Use props
janavesguy
New

Philippines

philip sullivan Posted at 2015-11-11 09:43
I have the same problem while updating the firmware , it failed at first and now when I turn it on ...

I have the same problems of loud beeps, maybe due to uncompleted update. because theres no really clue when does the update of firmware is done.
I haven't tested and fly the bird and tried to connect it through ios app.
what would be the best advice and steps to repair this bird?
the beeping sounds heats the dji phantom so I shut it off.
should I format the sd from laptop then transfer a version of old firm ware?
dji please do make a concise and clear steps to repair this drone (advance)

thank you
2015-12-10
Use props
janavesguy
New

Philippines

janavesguy Posted at 2015-12-10 22:28
I have the same problems of loud beeps, maybe due to uncompleted update. because theres no really  ...

just found a solution.
read the comments before my post.

-insert the sd card with the bin file.
-connect your phantom p3 controller to your ios phone.
-then update the firmware of you rc controller while your phantom/bird beeps very loud.
-for 5 minutes while downloading the firmware for RC controller.
-once you you start upgrading (press start upgrade)
-the phantom/bird  automatically turns upgrading normally. (with light red and yellow)

hope these helps!

*mine rc download and update comepletely
*while my drone is currently updating with light red and yellow blinking normally. (no more beeping)
2015-12-10
Use props
vincent.trapena
New

France

janavesguy Posted at 2015-12-10 15:58
just found a solution.
read the comments before my post.

Hi Guys,

Most of you will think i am moronic but i still thought i would ask. i had this entire annoying beeping issue because, as most of you did, i turned off the machine while the firmware was still updating.

anyway i understand perfectly the process on how to fix this but i have a major issue:

I CANT FIND THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE FOR MY P3 STANDARD. i must be stupid. i can fin the one for the professional but not for the standard.

i mean i go to download and i have on the left a link to the app and on the right only notes and manuals.

could someone please help me?

many thanks

V
2015-12-30
Use props
ezebunandu.eloc
lvl.1

Nigeria

vincent.trapena Posted at 2015-12-30 13:38
Hi Guys,

Most of you will think i am moronic but i still thought i would ask. i had this entire a ...

Have same problem. Cannot find link to download bin file for the Phantom 3 standard...I'm getting worried and desperate. Please help!
2016-1-10
Use props
ezebunandu.eloc
lvl.1

Hi guys.

So sometime yesterday, I connected my Phantom 3 Standard to my computer to view pictures from the flight I had just completed. Midway through this, bird started to beep. Not knowing what this was about (I didn't get any prompt for a firmware update), I turned the device off and then put it back on....and then in started...incessant annoyingly loud beeping.

I formatted the micro-sd card as advised in the forum, but the thing is that I can find any link to download the firmware for the phantom standard anywhere on the internet...I am getting depressed and desperate about this.

I would really appreciate if anyone could send me a link to the bin file for the phantom 3 standard, or even email me a copy.

I hope I can get this bird fixed, so I really need her back in the air.

Thanks!
2016-1-11
Use props
ezebunandu.eloc
lvl.1

tk2004hm@netzer Posted at 2015-5-30 02:35
I had the same thing happen very very loud beep beep seem to speed up to, I found out it is due to s ...

Oh...I assumed this would work on the first try and kind of gave up when it didn't. I should give it one more try then.

Thanks.
2016-2-8
Use props
fdeluca
lvl.1

Canada

I did the same thing - it ran for 1 hour...  it was getting kind of warm not hot so I worried and turned it off/..  I think I was too anxious -  How long should or could I expect.. Mine has not been updated since last November
2016-3-16
Use props
Joe D.
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the help.  I too turned off the P3P before the update was finished. Got the LOUD beeps. Redid everything as stated above and stuck the drone in the kitchen for an hour. Seems to work now.

My question is how do I correct the date for the P3P?  In the log it shows the history of my firmware updates but always has the wrong date. Here is the log from this morning (April 16, 2016. 6am)

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.07.0060.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Thanks
2016-4-16
Use props
Garydee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 352356 ft

The beeps... the horrendous beeps. The update says the light on the gimbal should be flashing from red to green. Mine is solid green, but BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP for like 45 minutes now.

I tried formatting the card from the app, redownloaded the bin file, switched cards, still no dice.

Read this whole thread and it's basically the same thing. Should I just let her keep beeping? She's getting so hot in there....

HALP MEEEEE
2016-6-22
Use props
contact18
New

Canada

Garydee Posted at 2016-6-22 10:43
The beeps... the horrendous beeps. The update says the light on the gimbal should be flashing from r ...

Mine's doing the never-ending beeping (over an hour if I let it)...

Anyone in that situation have it figured out yet?

Can't believe how messed up the Phantom is out of nowhere, seemingly starting with the iOS update. Really disappointed.

"HOW TO CONNECT"

Thanks guys.
(EDIT)
New MicroSD card made the beeping stop about 5 mins in, and now it's doing the D---DD sound. But the gimbal light is red, so we'll see.
2016-8-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules