Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Night flying
1025 6 2015-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Ok, who has flown in total darkness? I just did and OMG! what a blast! total attention to detail. 3 batteries and I really enjoyed it. Of course the camera was totally useless but hey who cares. You really have to focus on where you are in space or you will hit something.

2015-5-22
Use props
michaelanthony.
lvl.2

United States

Ahhh, you can ignore my question on the next post , re the camera anyway
2015-5-22
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

michaelanthony. Posted at 2015-5-23 13:17
Ahhh, you can ignore my question on the next post , re the camera anyway

In the city there is all kinds of ambient light, but I live in the woods in BC where it gets dark and spooky like! Bears and cougars and stuff! Ok maybe not quite that bad, my banjo music keeps them away.
2015-5-22
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

So....very intrigued with this...  So, does the thrill come in with respect that one does not 'see' the bird, or that one needs to fly by the 'Google map' interface like a video game?  Don't get me wrong, I like it all...just wanting to understand if I'm missing anything?
2015-5-23
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

GrahamJ Posted at 2015-5-23 21:40
So....very intrigued with this...  So, does the thrill come in with respect that one does not 'see'  ...

No, you can see the lights flashing very well in the dark, and when they do brief reflections from close objects are visible. I think the thrill comes in part because you really place your trust in using THE FORCE! You have to pay so much attention to your position in space or you will crash. It is an added element of DANGER!
Plus I think my neighbors smoke way too much weed and I'm hoping to freak them out!
2015-5-24
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Hahahahaha!!    I hear ya Dangair.     Gaffer tape the red leds.     If you can get close to a city.   Gaffer tape the front LEDs and roll camera.    I have about 5Gs worth of  night flying(Until I Found Out About It Being Illegal In The States).   Gives up a great diamonds on a black blanket look.   Especially when ascending or descending.   Give it a shot(No Pun Intended).   
2015-5-24
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

Dangair Posted at 2015-5-25 02:13
No, you can see the lights flashing very well in the dark, and when they do brief reflections from ...

LOL - love your work Dangair!
2015-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules