500 meters!
1097 5 2015-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

I have said in the past that height restrictions are like treating the vast majority like irresponsible children, I still believe that. However, if you have unlocked the 500 meter potential of the Inspire you will admit, as I do, it's pretty friken high. It is almost at the limit of visibility. In fact, I just finished night flying and realised it is far easier to see it in total darkness at 500 m than in the day time. If you haven't had a good night flying session yet, I highly recommend it. I wish they had these things in the late 70's ! I can't imagine the fun I would have had then... if you get my drift? Alice in wonderland might come to mind. Still though, quite the trip anyway.

2015-5-22
Use props
michaelanthony.
lvl.2

United States

How was the camera resolution at night? Any surprises we should know about? I'd love to try it but live in a very busy air traffic area sooooooo looks like I'll have to plan a trip to the boo is soon!
2015-5-22
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Just so the question is answered, I set the camera to manual and there was not enough adjustment to compensate for the degree of darkness I was flying in. I didn't try auto but I will say that dark is dark... no light. I live in the woods and was doing laps up and down the airstrip. Trees line the sides so care must be taken to be either higher than the trees or down the center of the runway. The camera was useless for anything.
2015-5-22
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

120 meters is the highest we are allowed to fly by law in Sweden ... and this is high enough for what I need.
Also ... no flying when it´s dark over here ...
2015-5-22
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

w1der Posted at 2015-5-23 15:28
120 meters is the highest we are allowed to fly by law in Sweden ... and this is high enough for wha ...

UK is the same..

2015-5-23
Use props
Airosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

w1der Posted at 2015-5-23 15:28
120 meters is the highest we are allowed to fly by law in Sweden ... and this is high enough for wha ...

the best shots happen below 400ft and it's safer
2015-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules