Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Acro mode on a Spark???
9890 7 2018-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DPJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21686 ft
United Kingdom

Now, before anyone goes off the deep end, I know the Spark and it's bigger borthers aren't designed for Acro, they're more for video and photo capture, but stick with me here.
I just wondered, while watching Le Drib on Youtube, if anyone had thought about Acro Flight stuff when playing in Sport Mode. I know the Spark motors, the ESC and FC are probably not powerful enough to get full flips or rolls, but my curiosity was getting the better of me, and I began thinking silly things lol. Just wondered if anyone else had thought about this? Would it even be possible with the Spark? I know power and weight limitations are going to be a key factor with anything like this.
2018-7-25
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you turn the Spark upside down it turns off.
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the interest, however, I'm afraid our aircraft don't have a capability of doing the kind of performance and it may lead to an accident to the drone. I would suggest using it with proper and advisable usage to avoid inconvenience. Thank you for understanding.
2018-7-26
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Every Machine has its own job. DJI Drones are for Photo / Video as you said. For Acro Flight I would go for the Best FPV Racer Drone.

As Bing has said a Simple 90 Degree Tilt on the Spark will cause it to Turn Off the Motors.

2018-7-26
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

I have other drones that can do a flip, and its a lot less powerful then the spark.  in sport mode you can spin and bank pretty hard.  so it would have enough to do it, if software was out there to allow the 90degree switch to turn off and allow you to do such a thing but right now its not possible.
2018-7-26
Use props
James Merolla
New

United States

Physically speaking the Spark is more than capable of doing acro flips and stuff, the issue is that that kind of control isn’t built into the flight controller by default. Now, Mr. Steele has an old video of how to hack a Phantom to get acro mode, I think they call it something else. That being said, I’m not sure if the same hack applies to the Spark.  But is it even worth it? The digital video would have too much latency to fly fast, so you would most likely end up crashing your Spark and ruining it.
2019-1-24
Use props
BenBens
lvl.1
France

James Merolla Posted at 1-24 06:57
Physically speaking the Spark is more than capable of doing acro flips and stuff, the issue is that that kind of control isn’t built into the flight controller by default. Now, Mr. Steele has an old video of how to hack a Phantom to get acro mode, I think they call it something else. That being said, I’m not sure if the same hack applies to the Spark.  But is it even worth it? The digital video would have too much latency to fly fast, so you would most likely end up crashing your Spark and ruining it.

Actually, Steele’s video was not a hack of the phantom. He rebuilt the drone with another controller and use the frame of the phantom.
My phantom 4 pro once hit cables of a kite surf and made a complete upside down. I was able to fly it without a crash.
2019-7-23
Use props
Nidge
lvl.4

United Kingdom

James Merolla Posted at 1-24 06:57

I have a bunch of Phantom 1’s and FC40’s that fly in “Acro” mode, though it’s called “Manual” mode in the Naza config software. Not as agile as a well tuned F4 flight controller but they’ll still flip, roll, and power loop if you force them. Performance is comparable to a flybar’d helicopter.

Regards

Nidge.
2019-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules