Two Weeks With The Mavic
1184 26 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

United States

Hello everyone, first time poster.  I'm happy to say, I am enjoying this new hobby very much. I am a complete newb to drones in general, however some 30 years ago I used to fly RC planes with my father as a kid...  fun times!   This is also my first attempt at editing/uploaded a video from the Mavic.  I dont exactly have an editing program on my PC yet, so I went ahead and tried using the dji create/share feature from the app.  Have to say....  I'm having a heck of a time uploading to YouTube and the resolution not being affected....  Seems like it's getting down-resolution-ed upon upload or something.  I dunno....   but here goes.  Don't beat me up too bad, I'm just a newb!  

2018-7-26
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

Looks like the OP is missing the video.  Let me try again.

2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for the inconvenience. May I know if the video that you are trying to upload and edit is from your SD card?
2018-7-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Loose}{Cannon Posted at 2018-7-26 05:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46j0Fl0F6CQ&t=46s

Welcome to the forum and Congrats on your new bird.
Nice video, looking forward to seeing some more of your work.
2018-7-26
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Welcome to the Squadron... We all learn as we go along.  I have found that QUIK from GoPro does a very good job of rendering video in 1080p.  Its a free app you can download to your phone.  I do all my editing on my phone for now and I'm satisfied so far
2018-7-26
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
United States

Nice video... very good flying
2018-7-26
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-26 06:21
Welcome and congratulations for your Mavic and first video, very nice, I enjoyed watching it! I wish you always happy landings!

That's a great saying.. "I wish you always happy landings"  Noting more important to a drone pilot than that!!!
2018-7-26
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I enjoyed your 1st one and welcome. You seem to have it figured out. Just keep an eye out for the warnings if you get any and address them especially the wind. There's a wealth of info here from the members. Fly safe!
2018-7-26
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

You’ve got the smooth flight figured out.  That’s really the trick when shooting cinematically.  Easy on the sticks.  Nice job.
2018-7-26
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

Thanks guys/gals!

Yeah, I think its the dji app itself. After you compose a video, it asks you to upload it to several places as options.  It seems to NOT save it unless you upload it to one of the given sites/platforms.  So naturally I choose YouTube, but upon uploading and viewing the vid on YouTube........  the resolution is whacked.   I ended up transferring the file to my laptop (old as dirt) and uploading it to YouTube from an actual windows platform and browser.  Ssems to be ok I guess, but YouTube doesn't exactly show you what the specs of the upload is after completion....  so I'm weary the resolution is somehow hindered.  Mainly because the video looks fantastic when played on devices proir to upload, then looks slightly downgraded (still) after its live on YouTube.    I dunno....  I know Im picky but geez man.... this shouldn't be rocket science here.  lol

I reall just need a new PC with good specs and a decent video editing program..... messing with the dji program within the app is wearing me out.   In the meantime however, I will check the suggested QUIK app from gopro and see if I have any better luck... thanks for the suggestion!

The OP video....   welp, I did one orbit mode for a few frames, but the rest of the footage were manually done.  The last fly-by of the video does show some major horizon unlevel issues.... looks cool, but Im unsure exactly what caused it.  I do know it was flying at 45 degree angle to the POI and directly against the wind and it levelled out after coming around the tree and flying backwards against tue wind, but I have expected the gimbol to af corrected the tilt.  Perhaps at certain angles, wind speeds etc the gimbol simply cannot fully compensate?   

I tell ya what though......  I had yo buy the litchy app (not happy about) because go-4 refuses to proved a suitable video feed on ANY device.  Im using a brand new and non clogged Galaxy Tab S2.  
2018-7-26
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

Only a 2 min grace timeframe to edit typos eh....   
2018-7-26
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Nice video, where was it shot? looks like Iowa. So flat that if you looked through a pair of binoculars, you would see the back of your own head.
2018-7-26
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

United States

Bill B Posted at 2018-7-26 08:37
Nice video, where was it shot? looks like Iowa. So flat that if you looked through a pair of binoculars, you would see the back of your own head.

Lol     Noooooooooo!     It's North Texas.
2018-7-26
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

Bottom right corner... but yes.  I see your point.   Its interesting because when the app rendered the video and saved it to my tablet.... upon viewing the video it saved, you can tell and verify its in 1080p and looks fantastic.   
2018-7-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Loose}{Cannon Posted at 2018-7-27 04:36
Bottom right corner... but yes.  I see your point.   Its interesting because when the app rendered the video and saved it to my tablet.... upon viewing the video it saved, you can tell and verify its in 1080p and looks fantastic.

If your looking for best quality from your video you should be using footage direct from your card.
2018-7-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Loose}{Cannon Posted at 2018-7-26 08:27
Thanks guys/gals!

Yeah, I think its the dji app itself. After you compose a video, it asks you to upload it to several places as options.  It seems to NOT save it unless you upload it to one of the given sites/platforms.  So naturally I choose YouTube, but upon uploading and viewing the vid on YouTube........  the resolution is whacked.   I ended up transferring the file to my laptop (old as dirt) and uploading it to YouTube from an actual windows platform and browser.  Ssems to be ok I guess, but YouTube doesn't exactly show you what the specs of the upload is after completion....  so I'm weary the resolution is somehow hindered.  Mainly because the video looks fantastic when played on devices proir to upload, then looks slightly downgraded (still) after its live on YouTube.    I dunno....  I know Im picky but geez man.... this shouldn't be rocket science here.  lol

That seems strange as you filmed above video using go4 app, with absolutely no problems with feed or anything else.
So it’s good to see that go4 is working well with your new galaxy tab.
2018-7-27
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video! which Mavic model are you using?
2018-7-27
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-27 15:19
That seems strange as you filmed above video using go4 app, with absolutely no problems with feed or anything else.
So it’s good to see that go4 is working well with your new galaxy tab.

No sir.  I fly and film with litchi, then open up Go4 to wirelessly transfer the footage and edit it.  Go4 is a no-go for flying.
2018-7-27
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-7-27 15:40
Great video! which Mavic model are you using?

Pro Platinum
2018-7-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Loose}{Cannon Posted at 2018-7-27 15:47
No sir.  I fly and film with litchi, then open up Go4 to wirelessly transfer the footage and edit it.  Go4 is a no-go for flying.

I don’t see any way for adding 3rd party footage to djigo4 editor, maybe you could let’s us know how, I also presumed you had a Mavic Pro, but it’s a MPP, it doesn’t show under your avatar, usually when you activate drone an sign into app it shows up...
2018-7-27
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-27 16:28
I don’t see any way for adding 3rd party footage to djigo4 editor, maybe you could let’s us know how, I also presumed you had a Mavic Pro, but it’s a MPP, it doesn’t show under your avatar, usually when you activate drone an sign into app it shows up...

Its not rocket science.

No matter what you have stored on that micro sd card installed in the drone, you can use the Go4 app to import them wirelessly to your device and then create a video using the go4 editing/creating feature.....  When it renders the footage, you get the watermark.
2018-7-27
Use props
dronto
Second Officer

Loose}{Cannon Posted at 2018-7-27 15:48
Pro Platinum

Great choice of drone and welcome. Nice video!
Happy Droning
2018-7-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Loose}{Cannon Posted at 2018-7-27 16:36
Its not rocket science.

No matter what you have stored on that micro sd card installed in the drone, you can use the Go4 app to import them wirelessly to your device and then create a video using the go4 editing/creating feature.....  When it renders the footage, you get the watermark.

That’s not correct, I’ve tried it several times. Maybe explain in a little more detail.
2018-7-28
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Very good, You are natural - glad You liked it it'bring a lot of fun in your life
2018-7-28
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Very smooth flying for a first time, good video and enjoy that drone.
2018-7-28
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-28 00:12
That’s not correct, I’ve tried it several times. Maybe explain in a little more detail.

Of course thats correct.    How else did I film with litchi and import it to the go4 editor from the card?  
2018-7-28
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

United States

Its not a third party video.  The Mavic took the footage didnt it....

#1 Record when flying Litchi
#2 Open Go4 and BE CONNECTED as if your going to fly.
#3 At the 'go fly' page choose 'editor' at the bottom.
#4 Select 'album' at the top.
#5 Upper left corner select the box with arrow.
#6 On the window that pops up select 'SD CARD".
#7 Select your video
#8 Play it, or download it to your device by hitting the download button on the bottom right.  

Enjoy.
2018-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules