ProRes RAW Corrupt Files - URGENT
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr Ludo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 448875 ft
United Kingdom

Hello,

I've updated my Inspire 2 with the Zenmuse X7 the other day to the latest firmware. I recorded footage to the SSD drive on the drone and it all worked totally fine and I can playback the files in all the editing softwares (Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Quicktime Player.....).

I then put a second SSD memory card (which I formatted) in the I2 Drone and recorded a second lot of footage later the same day. When I went to copy all the files to an external hard-drive after the shoot, all the files from the 2nd SSD card are corrupted and can not be read by any editing software or video players. Any help would be most welcome on how to recover these files as soon as possible. I'm using a Mac.

Quicktime player says

"QuickTime Player can't open "A015_C019_20180724_PR00000.mov".

Adobe Premiere Pro says:
"File Import Fail"

Adobe After Effects says:
"After Effects error. Source files has no importable streams. Please check that it is a valid video/audio file ( 86 :: 1 )

This is important I get his fixed fast as I'm with a very large client who is getting very tricky now.

Many thanks for any help,

Ludo
2018-7-26
Use props
jwilson2598
lvl.4
Flight distance : 600256 ft
United States

I thought ProRes RAW was only Final Cut Pro X right now?
2018-7-26
Use props
Mr Ludo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi All and Jwilson2598,

After much research, yes you're correct, it is only Final Cut Pro X that does ProRes RAW PLUS Also Apple Motion can play and Render (and export the files in different codex's). Cost of £49 if you need it!

Hopefully Adobe will catch up soon.

2018-7-26
Use props
bachir_photo_ph
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20013228 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Mr Ludo Posted at 2018-7-26 08:57
Hi All and Jwilson2598,

After much research, yes you're correct, it is only Final Cut Pro X that does ProRes RAW PLUS Also Apple Motion can play and Render (and export the files in different codex's). Cost of £49 if you need it!

Hi Ludo,

I did a very bi shooting for a client , and i am having the same problems as yours , even final cut pro doesn't open... what did you do ?
2019-1-29
Use props
Mr Ludo
lvl.2
Jamaica

Hi,

My problem was that I just didn't have the plugin to play ProRes RAW. I'm not sure whether Adobe Premiere Pro now has the plugin for it. My fix at the time was to use Apple Motion to convert the files to ProRes 4444.

Hope that helps.

Ludo
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules