1877 15 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisdutton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14511 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I am having issues with my Spark, I would love it if you could help or maybe see what I am doing wrong.

I have just taken it out for another test as this happened a few weeks ago, but this time I have taken a screen recording too, within literally within 150 foot the errors on the screen appeared, and in the end the spark came, home as the Signal was lost.

Here is the screen recording I was doing at the time.

As you can see it was flashing a lot, at first I thought it was the propellors as the camera was maybe too high, but I think it was the app/connection.

So you do not have to watch the whole video, the issues were at these points:

The flashing was from about a minute in, on and off.
1:42s ‘ weak transmission signal is too weak. Please adjust antennas. (which I did, tried loads of things). This was constant.
4:03 - put sport mode on and the red lights appeared.
4:29 - no signal.
4:35 - no signal
4:40 - returns home

This is the actual footage. - No propellors showing, however, it does go a bit strange around 55s. If you look close you can see it kind of flickering, not sure if this is just how it is but does look a bit crap.

I was using a Controller and my phone info I used was:

• Samsung S7 Edge
  • DJI Go 4 app. I downloaded the latest updates today, so all up to date.
  • Android 8.0
  • Bluetooth Off
  • Flight Mode On.

I am due an upgrade for my phone, so I am thinking it could be an Android issue with my phone as it is 2 years old now. I was hoping to get the new S9 or S9+, but I am a bit put off and worried about staying with Android as it is no fun with getting errors all the time on screen, I am thinking to get an iPhone 8 to see if the iOS is better.

Another option is the CrystalSky, so I have a better screen and hopefully these issues will not occur.

Hopefully you can help.

Thanks
Chris

2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum and we do apologize if you are having issues with your device.  I can see that your mobile phone is a fully compatible device. May I know the brand of your SD card? I will be posting below some of the supported SD cards. May I ask as well your current firmware of the aircraft and the remote controller? We're here to help you so please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

2018-7-26
Use props
chrisdutton
lvl.2
United Kingdom

It's the latest firmware as it forced me to download this morning. SD card attached
15326204185213600653658932267147.jpg
2018-7-26
Use props
N2QLT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29229 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-26 07:51
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum and we do apologize if you are having issues with your device.  I can see that your mobile phone is a fully compatible device. May I know the brand of your SD card? I will be posting below some of the supported SD cards. May I ask as well your current firmware of the aircraft and the remote controller? We're here to help you so please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hello,

I am wondering what would make some micro sd cards compatible and some not compatible. Thanks.
2018-7-26
Use props
N2QLT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29229 ft
United States

Hi Chris,

I have no clue as to the cause of the issue, but I think from my own experience I would fly the Spark back home at any indication of a problem. Things can get out of hand in a hurry. I'm wondering if you were using an OTG cable.
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

chrisdutton Posted at 2018-7-26 07:55
It's the latest firmware as it forced me to download this morning. SD card attached

Hi, I can see that this is a supported SD card and it is a good thing. Kindly check the video below for your reference

2018-7-26
Use props
chrisdutton
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-26 08:53
Hi, I can see that this is a supported SD card and it is a good thing. Kindly check the video below for your reference

https://youtu.be/EHoGvvCbukA

I watched this before I went out so I knew how to change it.

How come I was getting all these errors on my screen, but when looking at the flight logs I only got one error?

I was only about 150foot away, so surely it should not be doing this so close to home, if so, it is pretty crap  if all I can do is 100 foot away.
2018-7-26
Use props
chrisdutton
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have since downloaded an older version of the app,

https://adhoc-cn.dji.net/show_ap ... o-4-4-2-16-6bmoy7mh

These are the screenshots in the app now after changing the version of the app.

Any ideas if this will fix the issue?

Screenshot_20180726-215218.jpg
Screenshot_20180726-215225.jpg
2018-7-26
Use props
chrisdutton
lvl.2
United Kingdom

UPDATE

I went out today again, this time with the downgraded app and still not much joy. The active track does not work very well either, at first it followed me, then when I tried it, it would just hover and not move.

These are the settings within the app regarding version of firmware.

Screenshot_20180727-102450.jpg
2018-7-27
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3

chrisdutton Posted at 2018-7-26 09:37
I watched this before I went out so I knew how to change it.

How come I was getting all these errors on my screen, but when looking at the flight logs I only got one error?

Well, there's plenty of videos showing the Spark flying well over a mile away without issue and I personally have had mine nearly a mile away with no problems.  If that qualifies as "pretty crap" then this is the best crap I've ever spent money on.  
2018-7-27
Use props
chrisdutton
lvl.2
United Kingdom

BrandonW77 Posted at 2018-7-27 06:22
Well, there's plenty of videos showing the Spark flying well over a mile away without issue and I personally have had mine nearly a mile away with no problems.  If that qualifies as "pretty crap" then this is the best crap I've ever spent money on.

big difference between a mile and 150 feet... so, you would be happy with 150 feet? or would you agree that is crap?
2018-7-27
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3

chrisdutton Posted at 2018-7-27 06:24
big difference between a mile and 150 feet... so, you would be happy with 150 feet? or would you agree that is crap?

Big difference between the problem you're specifically having being crap and the Spark being crap.
2018-7-27
Use props
chrisdutton
lvl.2
United Kingdom

BrandonW77 Posted at 2018-7-27 06:31
Big difference between the problem you're specifically having being crap and the Spark being crap.

I never said the Spark was crap, I said the fact that I can only get 100-150 feet away is pretty crap at the minute, hence why I came on here looking for help to get it working as it should. Thanks for the help though, appreciate it. .
2018-7-27
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3

chrisdutton Posted at 2018-7-27 06:34
I never said the Spark was crap, I said the fact that I can only get 100-150 feet away is pretty crap at the minute, hence why I came on here looking for help to get it working as it should. Thanks for the help though, appreciate it. .

Seems like random problems with Android devices, especially older ones, are common.  If rolling back the software didn't help I have no other ideas.
2018-7-27
Use props
sanirbacarin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7037 ft
Brazil

I have problems too with signal lost... in 50meters... android galaxy tab s2 and s8 phone... all firmware and
Djigo upgraded

2018-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules