P3s
955 20 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frank Conroy
lvl.1
Ireland

Hi,
I am new to all of this but have worked out how to fly the drone, how to calibrate compass and RC and how to re-link RC with drone.
I did all of this and re loaded the DJI app and everything is good but I have lost the map and flight path facility from the screen?
What do I do to retrieve them?
Thanks in advance.
Frank.

2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. Thanks for reaching out DJI Forum. I just want to clarify, may I know what device are you using to your Phantom 3 standard? Also, have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go app?
2018-7-26
Use props
Frank Conroy
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-26 09:33
Hi. Thanks for reaching out DJI Forum. I just want to clarify, may I know what device are you using to your Phantom 3 standard? Also, have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go app?

The screen went black after I re installed the DJI Go App
2018-7-26
Use props
Frank Conroy
lvl.1
Ireland

Frank Conroy Posted at 2018-7-26 09:41

In relation to the device I am using, do you mean the screen I am using?
I am using a Samsung 10.1 Tablet
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Frank Conroy Posted at 2018-7-26 09:41

Can you please try to re-link your RC to your AC? Then after that, try to connect your mobile device to the drone. Thanks.
2018-7-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sounds to me like your device crashed.  When the device crashes, the cached map images don't get saved, so when you come back and you're offline, they're gone.  You have to cache them while online and then shut down your device successfully so that the map images are saved.  Good luck
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Frank Conroy Posted at 2018-7-26 09:43
In relation to the device I am using, do you mean the screen I am using?
I am using a Samsung 10.1 Tablet

I do apologize but the device you are using right now is not fully compatible with the drone. I highly recommend you to use a compatible device. For reference, please see the attached image below. Thanks!

2018-7-26
Use props
Frank Conroy
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-26 09:43
Can you please try to re-link your RC to your AC? Then after that, try to connect your mobile device to the drone. Thanks.

Did that, I pressed the red light till it blinked, I turned the wheel down to left and flicked the S2 switch. The drone beeped but the red light kept flashing, I pressed again to get it to turn green?
Turned on device and blank map screen? It says Mapbox and I read that lots of people are having a blank screen with this ?
2018-7-26
Use props
Frank Conroy
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-26 10:30
I do apologize but the device you are using right now is not fully compatible with the drone. I highly recommend you to use a compatible device. For reference, please see the attached image below. Thanks!

[view_image]

The Samsung Galaxy I have is a Tab A (2016 model)
It it compatable with the drone?
Everything else is perfect except missing the map and flight path?
2018-7-26
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>

https://www.phantomhelp.com/Tips/18/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go
2018-7-26
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Hi Frank,
if your tab had a system crash or a Go app crash then the map data have been lost. Try to enable mobile data between 2 flights and cache the maps again and switch the mobile data off.
some times i got this problem too with my MPQC but with an iOS device i cache the maps on the way to the flight area of my wish.
2018-7-26
Use props
Frank Conroy
lvl.1
Ireland

Peterx Posted at 2018-7-26 13:34
Hi Frank,
if your tab had a system crash or a Go app crash then the map data have been lost. Try to enable mobile data between 2 flights and cache the maps again and switch the mobile data off.
some times i got this problem too with my MPQC but with an iOS device i cache the maps on the way to the flight area of my wish.

Thanks Peter,
I will try re loading the Go App and see what happens. Flew it this morning and no issues, went out over 800meters yesterday and all good.
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Frank Conroy Posted at 2018-7-26 12:01
The Samsung Galaxy I have is a Tab A (2016 model)
It it compatable with the drone?
Everything else is perfect except missing the map and flight path?

Hi. The Samsung Galaxy Tab A is not yet a part of the recommended mobile device for your DJI Phantom 3 Standard. I suggest using a recommended mobile device for your Drone for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference, I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for your DJI Phantom 3 Standard.

2018-7-27
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Your device should have at least 2 gigs of ram to run the app properly. Close all programs and force close the go app and see if that helps.
2018-7-27
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

If its cellular then switch on the airplane mode for the flight and start the WIFI by hand. disable the video cache in Go app (both 2 i suggested saves RAM and CPU power)
2018-7-27
Use props
Frank Conroy
lvl.1
Ireland

Peterx Posted at 2018-7-27 23:37
If its cellular then switch on the airplane mode for the flight and start the WIFI by hand. disable the video cache in Go app (both 2 i suggested saves RAM and CPU power)

Hi again Peter,
The Galaxy has 3 Gigs of ram?
I went on to Internet and connected to App and the map came up, I then went to Drone and the map stayed up?
Everything else is working 100%?
I will see how it goes, I flew 850m away from home point a few days ago, no issues.
I am begining to get a grip on the maintenance of the P3s.
Thanks for advice.
2018-7-28
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

If you don´t shut down the tab then the map stays in the cache and the rest of the functions are 100 %s without any hatches. If this tab has a GPS receiver then you can use F-followme as the updating the home point.
2018-7-28
Use props
Frank Conroy
lvl.1
Ireland

Peterx Posted at 2018-7-28 05:55
If you don´t shut down the tab then the map stays in the cache and the rest of the functions are 100 %s without any hatches. If this tab has a GPS receiver then you can use F-followme as the updating the home point.

No problem setting home point
2018-7-28
Use props
Frank Conroy
lvl.1
Ireland

Frank Conroy Posted at 2018-7-28 06:14
No problem setting home point

If I turn on the device and there is no map, I turn on the Follow Me option and it brings up the map?
2018-7-28
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

F-Follow me is dependent from 2 GPS coordinates for fully function.The first coordinate was given from the AC self and the second from your mobile. The AC get the 2nd coordinate from the mobile via RC and hold exactly the distance given by the OP.  The map is only cached in the time you don´t shut down the tab. F-Follow me can´t bring you back the map.
2018-7-28
Use props
Frank Conroy
lvl.1
Ireland

Got it all working again, went on line and the map loaded and then connected  drone to wifi and it has been perfect since, I found a tread in here describing how to optomise my Samsung Gallaxy Tab A, I followed that and everything is working well. Waiting for weather to clear overnight now to test fly it in the morning.
Thanks to everyone for their advice, thanks Peter.
2018-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules