OSD on HDMI Phantom 4 Pro Plus v 2.0
5475 39 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Uncle Fedor
lvl.1
Russia

Hello! When you plan to release the updated firmware for Phantom 4 Pro Plus v 2.0 with the addition of the item "OSD on HDMI" in the HD menu settings. For me, this is a very critical function for working with a drone! Why did you forget about it?
2018-7-26
Use props
yarik83
lvl.2
United States

They did not forget. They did it intentionally so that you would be FORCED to buy DJI goggles.

I am coming out with a tutorial pretty soon in attempt to find if I can get fatshark goggles to work with P4 V2 wirelessly. Give it a week or so.
2018-7-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Does it not appear at the bottom of the HD settings after the HDMI has been turned on like on the + non V2.0 models?
2018-7-28
Use props
Uncle Fedor
lvl.1
Russia

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-28 00:54
Does it not appear at the bottom of the HD settings after the HDMI has been turned on like on the + non V2.0 models?

In the P4P 2.0 model in the HD menu tab, this item is not ((
2018-7-30
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Uncle Fedor Posted at 2018-7-30 00:28
In the P4P 2.0 model in the HD menu tab, this item is not ((

That's odd, thought they had learned we want that feature.
In some versions it also disappeared from the old model but came back after some complaints. After activating HDMI it OSD toggle is found by scrolling up the HD settings to reach the bottom, hopefully it will be present on V2.0 on next release too.
2018-7-30
Use props
Uncle Fedor
lvl.1
Russia

And also DJI promised that P4P in 2.0 will produce 1080p30, but this is not! This is a fraud of the buyer! I bought this copter specially for live broadcasts, but I did not get a clean screen for HDMI, nor a resolution of 1080p30!!! DJI you are liars! I am very angry!
2018-7-30
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Uncle Fedor Posted at 2018-7-30 02:44
And also DJI promised that P4P in 2.0 will produce 1080p30, but this is not! This is a fraud of the buyer! I bought this copter specially for live broadcasts, but I did not get a clean screen for HDMI, nor a resolution of 1080p30!!! DJI you are liars! I am very angry!

Not sure what you're looking for, but my non V2.0 + can output HDMI at 1920x1080 for 50 or 60Hz systems, that should do for the most, can't believe the V2.0 + should have lower specs than this.
2018-7-31
Use props
Uncle Fedor
lvl.1
Russia

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-31 05:30
Not sure what you're looking for, but my non V2.0 + can output HDMI at 1920x1080 for 50 or 60Hz systems, that should do for the most, can't believe the V2.0 + should have lower specs than this.

1920x1080 for 50 or 60Hz is the resolution of the RC. And the resolution transmitted from the camera does not look like 1080p
2018-7-31
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Uncle Fedor Posted at 2018-7-31 10:36
1920x1080 for 50 or 60Hz is the resolution of the RC. And the resolution transmitted from the camera does not look like 1080p [view_image]

No that is properly 720P streamed from the aircraft, i believe that to have 1080P it need to be close the the aircraft and that only some of the video modes can be used, i can't find the documentation of this ...
2018-7-31
Use props
FHUBONUS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 887037 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Will DJI answer our questions in a professional way? Can he solve the problem? Can he just write that the engineers are working on it?
DJI, be ashamed that you sell unfinished products. I am angry because my money is in DJI and I can not use the drone!
2018-8-10
Use props
FHUBONUS
lvl.3
  • >>>
Poland

Maybe DJI will write that he can not do it. I will return to the drone shop and buy efficient equipment. DJI understand, because of your sluggishness I can not work Phantom 4 Pro Plus v2
2018-8-10
Use props
peter.a.bosmans.gmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6321191 ft
  • >>>

FHUBONUS Posted at 2018-8-10 04:51
Maybe DJI will write that he can not do it. I will return to the drone shop and buy efficient equipment. DJI understand, because of your sluggishness I can not work Phantom 4 Pro Plus v2

same here: or they get this working ASAP, or the unit goes back to the shop beginning next week. I have no use for a 2000€ machine that doesn't do the one thing I bought it for! (And that DJI promised it could do)
2018-8-10
Use props
FHUBONUS
lvl.3
  • >>>
Poland

And so you have to do, give away equipment that is useless to anything
2018-8-10
Use props
Uncle Fedor
lvl.1
Russia

FHUBONUS Posted at 2018-8-10 13:23
And so you have to do, give away equipment that is useless to anything

I wrote in tech support. They replied that at the moment they are working on a new firmware in which they will add a menu item with a OSD. But how much to wait for this firmware, they did not say.
2018-8-14
Use props
bluesgeek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1241486 ft
  • >>>

I JUST sold my P4P Pro+ and purchased v2. I do regular jobs for a client in which I provide clean HDMI in to a switched broadcast. I am unboxing v2 right now and see that I have no way to deliver for my client THIS MORNING.

I think v2 is going back to B&H today.

Why on earth would they think to REMOVE an option?
2018-8-15
Use props
FHUBONUS
lvl.3
  • >>>
Poland

I have the same. I changed to v2 plus to have clean Hdmi and I'm disappointed. DJI can not answer when it fixes.
2018-8-15
Use props
bluesgeek
lvl.2
  • >>>

Does anyone know whether  v2 was released like this, or whether it got crippled in an update?
2018-8-16
Use props
Uncle Fedor
lvl.1
Russia

bluesgeek Posted at 2018-8-16 07:41
Does anyone know whether  v2 was released like this, or whether it got crippled in an update?

they just say that they will fix it in the next firmware, and when this happens, it is not known.
2018-8-20
Use props
Supunslp
New
Sri Lanka

I have this problem I can return it to dji
2018-9-5
Use props
CHUNGO
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hello guys,
today at the IBC I asking about this problem, we have two P4PV2 and need the clean output. One of the commercials call the engineers in China and the answer was that they do not have a date for the next firmware and no  confirm they will fix, the option they give me is  buy two more controls without a screen and two crystalsky ... seriously? .
I can understand the error by copying the old P4P code but once the fault is discovered, the minimum is that they inform and we know WHEN.
Finally we have decided to return them...
2018-9-15
Use props
bluesgeek
lvl.2
  • >>>

CHUNGO Posted at 2018-9-15 11:37
Hello guys,
today at the IBC I asking about this problem, we have two P4PV2 and need the clean output. One of the commercials call the engineers in China and the answer was that they do not have a date for the next firmware and no  confirm they will fix, the option they give me is  buy two more controls without a screen and two crystalsky ... seriously? .
I can understand the error by copying the old P4P code but once the fault is discovered, the minimum is that they inform and we know WHEN.

Thanks for your report.

Could you please clarify, you can get clean HDMI out from P4P v2 with CS? If so, what resolution? Thanks.
The reason I ask is that I returned v2 and bought v1. Yes, I regressed in tech so that I could have the downlink.
2018-9-25
Use props
bluesgeek
lvl.2
  • >>>

bluesgeek Posted at 2018-9-25 19:32
Thanks for your report.

Could you please clarify, you can get clean HDMI out from P4P v2 with CS? If so, what resolution? Thanks.

Could we ask for someone with DJI to please clarify?

We know that (by turning off OSD in the GO4 app) we can get clean HDMI out from the P4P v1 Plus controller.

We know that we cannot get clean HDMI out from the P4P v2 Plus controller.

Can we get clean HDMI out from the CrystalSky:
1) On the P4P v1?
2) On the P4P v2?

Thank you.

2018-9-28
Use props
emptech1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 440 ft
United States

My p4 pro plus has a place where I can turn osd off and on.  My problem is I can't even get video output on the hdmi port, is there some trick I have to perform?
2018-9-30
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

emptech1 Posted at 2018-9-30 23:35
My p4 pro plus has a place where I can turn osd off and on.  My problem is I can't even get video output on the hdmi port, is there some trick I have to perform?

Have you turned it on ?

2018-10-1
Use props
emptech1
lvl.1
United States

After connecting to p4p+, if it needed to or not, clicked on settings icon, system settings, scroll down to hdmi, clicked on it, and the slider is on.
So I would have to say yes.
My screen looks different than your though. Mine is a p4p+, I did not have to add an hdmi module, built in.  I'm playing a video back from an album, not going to the tv.  Now trying go fly, says latest firmware.  I see myself on the screen from the camera, still no hdmi output.
What is OSD I hear people talk about, on screen display of what?  I recall seeing a place to turn that off and on.
I filed a report with DJI, have heard nothing of course.
Ideas?
2018-10-1
Use props
emptech1
lvl.1
United States

I did find the screen you show, and yes, hdmi is turned on..  I'm trying to find where I found the OSD item, can't find it now.  I believe I tried hdmi with OSD in both positions though.
2018-10-1
Use props
bluesgeek
lvl.2
  • >>>

In the Go4 app settings > HD tab. Scroll down below the transmission settings. There's a slider button to toggle OSD on/off.

2018-10-1
Use props
bluesgeek
lvl.2
  • >>>

bluesgeek Posted at 2018-9-28 21:18
Could we ask for someone with DJI to please clarify?

We know that (by turning off OSD in the GO4 app) we can get clean HDMI out from the P4P v1 Plus controller.

Still hoping for DJI administrator to clarify an answer to this question please.
2018-10-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

bluesgeek Posted at 2018-10-1 20:33
Still hoping for DJI administrator to clarify an answer to this question please.

You will be waiting a long time. The DJI people who man this forum will simply give you platitudes and say they will refer the issue to someone. In the end, you will not get an answer.
2018-10-1
Use props
emptech1
lvl.1
United States

bluesgeek Posted at 2018-10-1 20:32
In the Go4 app settings > HD tab. Scroll down below the transmission settings. There's a slider button to toggle OSD on/off.

I actually found the place to turn OSD on and off.  Exactly where you said it was.  Still no HDMI, in fact, I sometimes get a message on the screen of my plus that it says "hdmi disconnected"
I've heard on a defect of other models where the hdmi module was added, there were actually bad solder connections on the HDMI connector itself.  Sure frustrating.

So, dumb question, exactly what is OSD, a logo that is added to the screen?  I wouldn't know, since I can't get my HDMI to work.
2018-10-1
Use props
bluesgeek
lvl.2
  • >>>

First, I'm not sure what you are experiencing, so I'm sorry I can't help.

Second, OSD is On  Screen Display. In this case, it refers to the telemetry, settings, lens/camera data, notifications, etc. In short, anything other than the image from the camera. There are important reasons to want to be able to turn that off. For some, it could be to display a "clean" image on a second monitor. For some it could be for use with goggles. For others (including me) it is to provide a clean HDMI signal for live broadcast.

2018-10-2
Use props
bluesgeek
lvl.2
  • >>>

Geebax Posted at 2018-10-1 20:47
You will be waiting a long time. The DJI people who man this forum will simply give you platitudes and say they will refer the issue to someone. In the end, you will not get an answer.

OMG, I see that. There is virtually NO technical support knowledge offered by DJI admins here. As a result, the forum is populated mostly by customer questions, numerous me-too comments by other customers, with only a few (mostly vague or incorrect) answers by DJI.

For real help use rcgroups.com or (xxxxxxx)pilots.com.

Thanks for your observation, which was of more help that anything I've read from a DJI admin here.
2018-10-2
Use props
CHUNGO
lvl.1
Spain

hello, has anyone tried the update ?, has solved this problem?
2018-10-10
Use props
CHUNGO
lvl.1
Spain

Ok, a friend updated to the new firmware and surprise, surprise ... NOTHING, they have not even known that this is wrong, it's all a circus, nobody talks to the real engineers or just do not care.
2018-10-14
Use props
Kuruppu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501877 ft
  • >>>
Sri Lanka

Same Problem to Me I Want to Conect With My Black Magic Vision Mixer How to OSD Off
2018-12-6
Use props
Frewald_DR
New
  • >>>
Denmark

Dear DJI

We also have this problem, and need it to be fixed before we can use the DJI Phantom Pro v2. drones.

Best regards,
Rune Frewald
Head of Tech for News and Sport
DR - Danish Broadcast corp. (public broadcaster)
2019-1-3
Use props
rifatbhai
lvl.1
Bangladesh

Really frustrating as its not fixed yet, anyone from DJI care to reply?
2019-1-3
Use props
ra5040
lvl.2
Ireland

rifatbhai Posted at 1-3 05:21
Really frustrating as its not fixed yet, anyone from DJI care to reply?

Being totally new to the Phantom I may be mistaken in this reply, but I have a brand new Pro+ V2 updated to the latest firmware and it displays a live feed to a TV using HDMI without any issue.  If I want to get rid of the data on the screen I just swipe the controller screen.

What I want to be able to do is to use the HDMI (or any other signal) so that a colleague can view the image (for framing/positioning etc) while I control the drone.  Does anyone know how I can do that to an android tablet/phone or to a Microsoft Surface Go (which only has USB C connection)?
2019-1-5
Use props
rifatbhai
lvl.1
Bangladesh

ra5040 Posted at 1-5 11:06
Being totally new to the Phantom I may be mistaken in this reply, but I have a brand new Pro+ V2 updated to the latest firmware and it displays a live feed to a TV using HDMI without any issue.  If I want to get rid of the data on the screen I just swipe the controller screen.

What I want to be able to do is to use the HDMI (or any other signal) so that a colleague can view the image (for framing/positioning etc) while I control the drone.  Does anyone know how I can do that to an android tablet/phone or to a Microsoft Surface Go (which only has USB C connection)?

Hi

It doesn't show the battery info bar either? If we swipe down everything goes except the battery info. Which firmware you are updated to?

Thanks
2019-1-13
Use props
bluesgeek
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

bluesgeek Posted at 2018-8-15 21:54
I JUST sold my P4P Pro+ and purchased v2. I do regular jobs for a client in which I provide clean HDMI in to a switched broadcast. I am unboxing v2 right now and see that I have no way to deliver for my client THIS MORNING.

I think v2 is going back to B&H today.

Just a reminder that DJI never fixed this in a firmware update. My understanding was that this was an error in coding to have removed that clean output without OSD.
2021-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules