Osmo mobile 2 gimbal levels then drops out to yellow
3143 7 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf563c9c6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 174288 ft

Hello,

It was working fine this morning for it’s first trial but when I just fired it up now it didn’t. I just received my Osmo mobile 2 yesterday and took it out today for a few trials. This morning it was working fine but this afternoon I loaded my iPhone 7+ without protective cas onto the gimbal, turned the gimbal on and it swung around, leveled off and 2 seconds later dropped out and the phone/gimbal swung downward and would not respond.  I shut it down and tied it 4 or 5 times. Sometimes with starting the GO app before mounting the camera and sometimes after.

So... am I doing something wrong that I did right this morning or do I have a dud that I need t return?

Help please.....

Bruce
2018-7-26
Use props
BAGraphics
lvl.2

So..... it seems to be working now. Looks Ike for some reason the gimbal was overheated (?) and needed to cool off. Funny thing is, it had been off for over 2 hours and wasn’t heated up till I tried to use it when it dropped out.
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for what happened after reading this, I would like to clarify if you encountered any kind of error messages under the DJI Go 4 app? Did you update the firmware? Did you manage to calibrate the gimbal? also is the Osmo mobile 2 activated? may I ask as well what is the color of the LED light on the handheld?
2018-7-26
Use props
fans98dbc39d
lvl.1
Australia

I have the very same issue. I initially thought maybe I was low on battery and I charged but the isssue still prevails.

Yes, I activated this at the end of May.
I can’t update the firmware as the gimbal shuts down automatically. I have tried this on multiple phones. It was working before. I haven’t really used it since I got it besides testing at home. I was hoping to use this weekend but now it’s not working.

2018-7-26
Use props
BAGraphics
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-26 14:21
Hi, sorry for what happened after reading this, I would like to clarify if you encountered any kind of error messages under the DJI Go 4 app? Did you update the firmware? Did you manage to calibrate the gimbal? also is the Osmo mobile 2 activated? may I ask as well what is the color of the LED light on the handheld?

OK, All was updated but I know what happened (I think). I use an iPhone 7+ which causes me to extend the phone holder out past the point in which the gimbal can fully swing down when off. I had closed the gimbal up (swung it all the way down) and then turned it on to look at something on my phone app without it being loaded not the gimbal. Since the gimbal was not able to fully swing up, due to the full extension, the motor beam overheated.  Then, when I did load the phone onto the gimbal, et the arm swing up when turned on, the overheated motor caused everything to shut down so as not to cause damage......

All is now working well

Bruce
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans98dbc39d Posted at 2018-7-26 16:01
I have the very same issue. I initially thought maybe I was low on battery and I charged but the isssue still prevails.

Yes, I activated this at the end of May.

Hi, sorry to read on this. May I know what happens prior to this issue? did you try to charge the Osmo Mobile 2 to our power outlet? please ensure that the cable shall be 5V and 2A then use an adapter for you to plug it into a power outlet, however, if the unit will not respond, I strongly advise sending it into our repair facility for further evaluation. Thank you.
2018-7-28
Use props
lostinsydney
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-28 02:42
Hi, sorry to read on this. May I know what happens prior to this issue? did you try to charge the Osmo Mobile 2 to our power outlet? please ensure that the cable shall be 5V and 2A then use an adapter for you to plug it into a power outlet, however, if the unit will not respond, I strongly advise sending it into our repair facility for further evaluation. Thank you.

I'm using the cable that came with box as well other cables. I've used iPad and iPhone charger and Xiaomi powerstrip, and it wont charge even overnight.

Earlier, I plugged 18w charger, and it seems to be charging according to the app.
I also posted here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1486230
2018-7-28
Use props
Bortoto
New
Flight distance : 19984 ft
Brazil

I've just opened my OSMO Mobile 2 today and the gimbal simply does not work. The yellow LED keeps flashing and the gimbal does not keep steady. Do DJI test their products before shipping them out? How is it possible to send out a totally useless product?
2018-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules