Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GH4 with RSS-P cable on RONIN-S
8409 19 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PsionicAL
lvl.2

Hello there, I have GH4 camera and i have also the RSS-P cable for the Ronin-S (i ordered it from DJI and it arrived a couple days ago). It seems that is not working when i push the REC button (Photo/Record) on the gimbal, its do nothing. But in the app --> Status-- > Device --> Shutter Controller is checked!! I dont have Sleep Mode enabled in the camera. I have the latest firmware installed on the Ronin-S ver. 1.3.0.20..  My GH4 firmware is ver. 2.7..     Can you help me please??

Any other impressions or tips with the GH4 will be welcome
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi PsionicAL, sorry to know the REC button is not working, this issue is related to the cable or the camera port. Just to verify, did you order the RSS-P cable from DJI official online store? Actually, we do not have any accessories available in online store at the moment.
2018-7-27
Use props
PsionicAL
lvl.2
Greece

The cable, as i said above, i ordered it from DJI and it came a couple of days ago.. i am sending you the invoice in pm.. i will check the port in my camera and i will feedback to you as soon as possible.. Thank you
2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

PsionicAL Posted at 2018-7-28 02:08
The cable, as i said above, i ordered it from DJI and it came a couple of days ago.. i am sending you the invoice in pm.. i will check the port in my camera and i will feedback to you as soon as possible.. Thank you

PM received with thanks, yes, you did purchase from our online store, thanks for your clarification, please keep us updated when you double check the port and the cable. Thanks.
2018-7-28
Use props
PsionicAL
lvl.2
Greece

Hello again,
These days i went for shopping and bought the Panasonic DRW-RSL1 remote cable for Lumix cameras.
As i plugged it in i saw that its working properly with my GH4.
So my GH4 remote port is fine...!!

Now,obviously is something wrong with the RSS-P cable i bought from DJI.

I remind you that i payed ~8euros for the cable, ~26euros for shipping ~8euros for VAT for something that had to be in the Ronin-S's case from the beginning (my opinion)
What can we do now??

2018-8-1
Use props
Schmitterling
lvl.1

Germany

Hallo PsionicAL

Are there any new findings about your Problem ? I got also a GH4 and like to by a Ronin S, but this feature is importend for my buying decision...

Great Shots  
2018-8-8
Use props
PsionicAL
lvl.2
Greece

Hello,
i am also waiting for the reply with the findings of the solution..
2018-8-8
Use props
PsionicAL
lvl.2

Can you please tell me what we can do about my problem? i am waitting for about 3 weeks now for a reply!!
2018-8-15
Use props
NFC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372533 ft
Portugal

PsionicAL Posted at 2018-8-15 13:33
Can you please tell me what we can do about my problem? i am waitting for about 3 weeks now for a reply!!

hi is this problem resolved? the cable that you use is the Ronin MX-RSSP?
2018-9-7
Use props
PsionicAL
lvl.2
Greece

No, Im still waiting but DJI Support replied to me and i am waiting for the solution..When that will be i dont know..
And yes, the cable is the RSS-P
I will post again when by problem is solved or not

2018-9-11
Use props
PsionicAL
lvl.2
Greece

Hello,

Dji has replaced my cable and now my GH4 is function well with my RONIN-S, Thank you very much!!

BUT

now a minor issue troubles me..
when i turn on RONIN-S while the GH4 is open, immediately starts recording, without i have to push the rec button on camera or on Ronin-S !!
but when i turn on the Ronin-S  and after turn on GH4 its not doing the same thing..
Am i doing something wrong ?
If not I want to believe that this will be fixed in future firmware update..

Nevertheless thank you again for your assistance DJi Support

2018-9-15
Use props
NFC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372533 ft
Portugal

PsionicAL Posted at 2018-9-15 05:55
Hello,

Dji has replaced my cable and now my GH4 is function well with my RONIN-S, Thank you very much!!

Good news and thanks for the feedback, i just order this  cable, I will do the test in my pana g9 that has the same connection and remote control as gh4. Just cross my fingers to work as gh4 ;)
2018-9-15
Use props
PsionicAL
lvl.2
Greece

After the latest firmware upgrade(v 1.5.0.40) everything is working properly,with no issues, smooth and flawlessly with my GH4 and Ronin-S

Thank you
2018-9-21
Use props
PsionicAL
lvl.2
Greece

I am having some trouble balancing one of my lenses (with RSS-P cable attached on GH4) i.e.  the Lumix 20mm

Any advice with balancing lenses issues WITH the RSS-P cable will be welcome ...
2018-9-21
Use props
mikoshark 6
lvl.2

Does the rss ir cable not work with the gh4?
2018-10-4
Use props
djiuser_Du5d4NfL2S9G
New

United States

mikoshark 6 Posted at 10-4 07:32
Does the rss ir cable not work with the gh4?

Nope! I just talked to someone at DJI about that they said  you need the RSS-P cord.
2018-12-5
Use props
fans4fe58dcd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8524 ft
Italy

IMG_20190709_145009.jpg
2019-7-9
Use props
fans4fe58dcd
lvl.2
Italy

15626999882008093408624998223654.jpg
1562700029295596773419867925555.jpg
2019-7-9
Use props
fans4fe58dcd
lvl.2
Italy

Yes just cut it and follow that instructions
2019-7-10
Use props
Hugues L
New

France

I have the same trouble : no control of shutter, whereas GH4 and Ronin are connected with the official Ronin RSS cable for Panasonic.
It works occasionnally... But shooting can't accept surprise !

I had not thought there could be a trouble with the cable itself.

Support did help me, and it worked better by following steps, when I switched on the devices ; but I can't remember the right order.
Anyway, whatever the order, it works not anymore.

If anyone has a solution, I am very interested.

Hugues L
2020-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules