Ronin S Tilt Axis Balancing Issue
9498 9 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Z0PUtCrVS06o
lvl.1
United States

Hello, I'm having trouble balancing my A6500.  When I'm trying to balance the tilt axis, every time I point the camera upwards, it just falls forward and does not stay still.  I've adjusted the tilt axis the the further point and am unable to get it to stay still.  Any idea what I may be missing?

Thanks!
2018-7-26
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

Are you using the riser plate?
2018-7-26
Use props
djiuser_Z0PUtCrVS06o
lvl.1
United States

Looks like that did the trick, thanks!  I was watching the video and should have read the manual.  However when I turn on the gimbal, it doesn't do anything.  It just stays in the same position as if the motor never turned on.  Any idea?
2018-7-26
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

djiuser_Z0PUtCrVS06o Posted at 2018-7-26 16:56
Looks like that did the trick, thanks!  I was watching the video and should have read the manual.  However when I turn on the gimbal, it doesn't do anything.  It just stays in the same position as if the motor never turned on.  Any idea?

If the mode LED is blinking, you need to activate the Ronin-S using eiter the Ronin app on a phone, or using the DJI Pro assistant for Ronin on a computer.
I just learned that on some android devices you need to have location services turned on.
You only need to activate the Ronin once. Password for the bluetooth is 12345678
2018-7-26
Use props
darinf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495787 ft

Even after activating my Ronin-S, the motors still weren't working.
I had accidentally put it in motor pause mode. Double pressing the gimbal power button will put it into motor pause mode. Double pressing the power button again takes it out of pause mode. (The power for the gimbal, not the power button on the bottom of the batter handle.)
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_Z0PUtCrVS06o Posted at 2018-7-26 16:56
Looks like that did the trick, thanks!  I was watching the video and should have read the manual.  However when I turn on the gimbal, it doesn't do anything.  It just stays in the same position as if the motor never turned on.  Any idea?

Hi there, glad to know StianGel was able to help you with the balance issue, as he mentioned, please make sure the Ronin-S has been activated, otherwise, the gimbal will not work.
May I know if the device has been activated?
2018-7-26
Use props
djiuser_j5K5OtbToEyX
New

Azerbaijan

Selam. Bana yardım etmenizi rica ediyorum .
Ronin'in ekipmanı elden geçirildi. Pan, Tilt, Roll tüm fonksiyonları çalışır. Telefon programındaki göstergeler normaldir. Ancak, ronin etkinleştirildikten sonra, kamera eğme işlevinde düzgün durmuyor. Kamera biraz öne eğiliyor. Sebebi ne olabilir?
Hello. I'm asking you to help me.
Ronin's equipment was overhauled. Pan, Tilt, Roll works with all functions. Indicators in the phone program are normal. However, after the ronin is activated, the camera does not function properly in the tilt function. The camera is slightly tilted forward. What would be the reason?
2018-10-3
Use props
JudieL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6086 ft

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-26 23:11
Hi there, glad to know StianGel was able to help you with the balance issue, as he mentioned, please make sure the Ronin-S has been activated, otherwise, the gimbal will not work.
May I know if the device has been activated?

Hello, I just purchased the Ronin-S and have had it for a week. Firmware is updated and all axis were reporting "Excellent" on calibration. Out of the blue, yesterday the Tilt seems to have stopped working. It swings around completely loose. Even when I try to balance my camera on it, it's still loose. The camera won't stay at 45 degrees up or down. When I walk around with the Ronin, the tilt swings around. Please advise. Thank you.
2019-9-18
Use props
JudieL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6086 ft

Hello, I just purchased the Ronin-S and have had it for a week. Firmware is updated and all axis were reporting "Excellent" on calibration. Out of the blue, yesterday the Tilt seems to have stopped working. It swings around completely loose. Even when I try to balance my camera on it, it's still loose. The camera won't stay at 45 degrees up or down. When I walk around with the Ronin, the tilt swings around. Please advise. Thank you.
2019-9-18
Use props
djiuser_kWnKwR8TE49T
New

India

Same here. Did you find any answer and solutions?
2020-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules