NOTE on new 1.1.9 Firmware update
2044 3 2015-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bob.mimlitch
lvl.2

United States

Even though the RC is still using the 1.1.8 firmware, you must remove it from you SD card when adding the 1.1.9 BIN file.  The PDF "How to Update the Firmware" does not mention this, but if you leave both files on the SD card, you will get the following error message in the .txt file: "Multiple version firmware bin files are detected.  Please detente the redundant bin file."
2015-5-23
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Umm... did you discover this first hand?  (there is a note at the bottom where it said:  "Ensure there is only one firmware package file stored on your SD card.")

Well, I try to have a philosophy of "it's only a bad experience if you didn't learn anything"
2015-5-23
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

gil Posted at 2015-5-23 22:05
Umm... did you discover this first hand?  (there is a note at the bottom where it said:  "Ensure the ...

"Well, I try to have a philosophy of "it's only a bad experience if you didn't learn anything."

Love that quote - goes along with Einstein's great quote: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

It's kind of unfortunate that the Phantom 3 update checklist has that one statement so close the bottom - the one about only one version of the firmware. However, I think they did point that out as well in the release notes for this update. I might be wrong - it's not right smack in front of me at the moment.

Fortunately, I remembered to remove the old .bin file and all went well for me.
2015-5-23
Use props
bob.mimlitch
lvl.2

United States

gil Posted at 2015-5-23 22:05
Umm... did you discover this first hand?  (there is a note at the bottom where it said:  "Ensure the ...

Yes, I discovered it first hand, and yes I didn't re read the note at the bottom stating "Ensure there is only one firmware package file stored on your SD card."

This was the first time that I had encountered  two firmware versions being active at the same time, so I tried leaving both on the SD card.  Deleting one file was a quick fix.
2015-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules