732 2 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>

The Track feature: [ronin app > Create > Track]
When I move the camera to my desired location (either via push pan or the joystick), the current location of the camera is displayed correctly on the square as a green icon.
However, when I press '+' to add this location as a waypoint, a total different location will be selected (it is a copy of the last one selected)
This is not intuitive and I think wrong coding (BUG).
I should be able to store a 'current camera location' as a waypoint. this is a key functionality.

Moving the waypoints on the screen is too coarse and also doesn't work very well, because the 'move to waypoint' command is only issued when the the selected waypoint is being released on screen./edit: This perhaps wouldn't be such a big issue if the selected waypoint could be moved via virtual joystick as it is the case in the other functions (timelapse, motionlapse)
There's no option to manually (numbers) edit a waypoint either.

This needs a little more love!
But other than that, it's pretty good, even in its early days! (latest firmware 1.3.0.20, my day 2

2018-7-26
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

just realized there's a 'Push' mode for timelapse and motionlapse.
It would be great if that could be added to 'track' to adjust the individual locations too.
2018-7-31
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

I would love it if the 'duration' increment could be finer.. in 0.5 - secs intervals (like the 'wait' function)
and
if there was a 'ramp speed smoothness' H/M/L for extra control of acceleration/deceleration speed for the movementplus:
make a 'Repeat' button, so that the RoninS goes into an infinite movement loop
plus:
make tracks saveable with custom names..ie 'slow pan l>r 4.5 secs'...

PS: 'Track' was one of the features i was particularily excited about..and why I sold my Crane, because these guys just couldn't get this right!
Why is it important?
When you use your RoninS as a remote motion controller..in the air, on a high stand, on a jib/crane,...
or simply for automated moves.

thank you DJI team ;-)

2018-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules