Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom saving video files in 5 min size
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike F
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2467257 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi
My Phantom 4 pro is saving its videos in 5 minutes and 27 seconds lengths. Example a 11 minute video is save in two files to make up the 11 minute recording . Sim card is a San Disk extreme 64GB .

Is this correct?
2018-7-26
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi
if I recall, you do have the option to select the file size video clips are saved.

Actually I am thinking of the Video Cache sizes and auto delete options etc.
2018-7-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

This is quite normal, and happens to a lot of cameras. The running time is unimportant, the actual issue is the file size. It splits the file into two files at the 4 Gigabyte boundary. The second file continues without any loss of frames if you want to join them together. There is nothing you can do to alter this behaviour. Some people say you can fix it by formatting the SD card using ExFAT, but this is not true, it will still split the file.
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Do you have a spare SD for you to use to check if it will do the same?  For additional reference let me post the list of supported SD card for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro.

2018-7-27
Use props
Mike F
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2467257 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-27 15:01
Hi. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Do you have a spare SD for you to use to check if it will do the same?  For additional reference let me post the list of supported SD card for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro.

[view_image]

Hi Stephen

Yes I have tried a number of different SD cards all with the same result.
2018-7-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Mike F Posted at 2018-7-27 16:23
Hi Stephen

Yes I have tried a number of different SD cards all with the same result.

The DJI people responding here are little more than robots, I gave you the correct answer in post #3.
2018-7-27
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Geebax is SPOT on.
2018-7-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Geebax is correct on all points.  It's the same with my P3P.  I actually do lose a few frames though.  My SD card is the Sandisk Extreme Pro 64 GB.  The only way to stop it (or rather, delay it) is to lower the resolution, and what fun is that?  
2018-7-27
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-7-27 17:19
Geebax is correct on all points.  It's the same with my P3P.  I actually do lose a few frames though.  My SD card is the Sandisk Extreme Pro 64 GB.  The only way to stop it (or rather, delay it) is to lower the resolution, and what fun is that?

Good point.
2018-7-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-7-27 17:19

The P3 does lose frames at the file changeover point, but from the P4 onward, that was fixed. Why it was not fixed for the P3 is a mystery, because at the time, action cameras like the GoPro were also splitting files, but at least they could manage to do it without losing frames.
2018-7-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Good to know = THANKS
2018-7-28
Use props
Air/America
lvl.4

United States

Recording video at 2.7K / 1440p will give you about 12 minutes of recorded video for a 3.9GB file on the SD memory card.

2018-7-28
Use props
Air/America
lvl.4

United States

Air/America Posted at 2018-7-28 03:38
Recording video at 2.7K / 1440p will give you about 12 minutes of recorded video for a 3.9GB file on the SD memory card.

Or, maybe the Phantom 4 Pro doesn't do 1440p video???

2018-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules